Radeon Fury X Outperforms GeForce GTX Titan X @ $650

Danielm888

Future looks good. I'm excited for DX10 benchmarks

Why?

Its not leaps ahead of the Titan X but the price makes it very attractive but the 980Ti is still an excellent choice if you must go with team green.

Can't wait to see real world in-game benchmarks. I might end up selling my 970 and upgrade along with a new monitor.

I find it to be amazing or surprising when an Nvidia user switches over. My friend says Nvidia is better just cuz, and AMD is for low budgets or cheap people. My first card is an AMD one and I am sure proud and satisfied with it

I find it to be amazing or surprising when an Nvidia user switches over. My friend says Nvidia is better just cuz, and AMD is for low budgets or cheap people. My first card is an AMD one and I am sure proud and satisfied with it

Why would it be surprising for someone to switch to something they find better?  I stick with nvidia because their drivers are (mostly) okay, and G-sync and SLI appeals more to me because I a lot in borderless windowed.

Its not leaps ahead of the Titan X but the price makes it very attractive but the 980Ti is still an excellent choice if you must go with team green.

980ti is beast no doubt. They may slightly adjust pricing if needed.

AMD probably finalized the GPU and then before launch finalized the core clock speeds such that they can show a advantage over the 980ti in the first round of reputable reviews.

980ti is beast no doubt. They may slightly adjust pricing if needed.

AMD probably finalized the GPU and then before launch finalized the core clock speeds such that they can show a advantage over the 980ti in the first round of reputable reviews.

Also it's 650 for the stock cooler, so I wonder how much the other manufacturers will charge for theirs.  I know Sapphire can charge a bit.

Why would it be surprising for someone to switch to something they find better?  I stick with nvidia because their drivers are (mostly) okay, and G-sync and SLI appeals more to me because I a lot in borderless windowed.

I find it surprising, especially when Nvidia is leading the GPU industry. It's like everyone getting Starbucks but one person getting a coffee ata place Similar to it

Also it's 650 for the stock cooler, so I wonder how much the other manufacturers will charge for theirs.  I know Sapphire can charge a bit.

650 for the stock water cooler. The air cooler is only 550

AMD Radeon R9 Poseidon, if only it ran real cool. That would be a great name or Zeus

I like the name Zeus as well. So we'll in fact I named my German Shepherd that lol.

I find it surprising, especially when Nvidia is leading the GPU industry. It's like everyone getting Starbucks but one person getting a coffee ata place Similar to it

Probably to mine bitcoins :^)

650 for the stock water cooler. The air cooler is only 550

Oh yea, I forgot this.  I wonder if they'll let Sapphire and others make their own water coolers.

Im wondering if they let them do anything at all tbh. There are rumors that this card is going to be treated like the TitanX where they arent allowed to do anything to it.

I'm not a fanboy. I have been using products from both companies. I just choose one that fits my needs and my budget at the time of purchase.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I meant a source from AMD.

Nevermind, I see it now.  This is indeed a very, very good deal from AMD.

When I got a 1440p monitor, I wanted to get a 980ti to upgrade with it (or a second 970)...now I have to reconsider.  Thankfully, with both of these so close to each other, the 980ti and Furies now have to compete for the customers with deals and coupons, instead of Nvidia having control of the highend.

Furys*,Not Furies  :)

Probably to mine bitcoins :^)

Oh yea, I forgot this.  I wonder if they'll let Sapphire and others make their own water coolers.

Yes, AIBs are allowed to make their own Hybrid water cooled Fury.

Probably meant DX12.

Woops. Yeah, I meant dx12. Autocorrect replaced it >.>

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I can understand the concern people have as the industry has portrayed that VRAM density matters, when it really doesn't. Every game on the market today could of been optimized to run on less than 2GB of memory, even at 4k resolution. The problem lies within developers needlessly wasting memory. DirectX 12 should help with these density concerns with async copy queues and async compute allowing for faster streaming with less latency (reduced texture popping).

Witcher 3 is the only game in recent memory that does it properly.  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I hope we get proper detailed in depth view in HBM real world performance, I'm really curious how those 4GB act compared to old memory. Or even vs larger amount of older memory.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |