So I got stabbed yesterday...

Closetgamer1337

So yesterday evening I was walking home from my Kickboxing-Gym when I came around this young woman that was being threatened by a guy that wanted to steal her phone and her purse. I run up to them and they hear me. I told him to back off and then he pulled out a knife  before I was really aware of it he stabbed me in the right side of my stomach. (Thankfully I was able to move out of the way so that it did not hit my organs) I then knocked him to the floor and held him down untill Marc a guy that goes to the same Kickboxing-Gym as I do came around and helped me (because I was bleeding pretty bad.) So now a day later I'm in the hospital and I feel okay. (Food here is amazing lol. Thanks private insurance :D

But now I wonder how do I go on from here. That guy is probably under 20 years old (he's been arrested) and he seemed like he needed the money pretty badly. Do I ruin his life (Here in germany if you have a police record you are pretty fucked) by going to the police or do I drop it and let him be. Surprisingly I'm not actually mad about it. I should be shouldn't I ?  :huh:

So what would you do in that situation? I'm not decided yet... I think I'll have a word or two with that guy once I'm out of the hospital and then decide. 

I'd go to the police. Poverty isn't an excuse to commit violent crimes. Not when there are always other options.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

He stabbed you, go to the cops.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Why are you even asking this? Fucking call the cops, who gives a fuck if he has a police recoprd he tried to mug someone and stabbed someone he clearly doesn't give a fuck about his own life.

No do not have a word with him call the police this guy is a repeat offender and hes just going to do it again.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

So yesterday evening I was walking home from my Kickboxing-Gym when I came around this young woman that was being threatened by a guy that wanted to steal her phone and her purse. I run up to them and they hear me. I told him to back off and then he pulled out a knife  before I was really aware of it he stabbed me in the right side of my stomach. (Thankfully I was able to move out of the way so that it did not hit my organs) I then knocked him to the floor and held him down untill Marc a guy that goes to the same Kickboxing-Gym as I do came around and helped me (because I was bleeding pretty bad.) So now a day later I'm in the hospital and I feel okay. (Food here is amazing lol. Thanks private insurance :D

But now I wonder how do I go on from here. That guy is probably under 20 years old (he's been arrested) and he seemed like he needed the money pretty badly. Do I ruin his life (Here in germany if you have a police record you are pretty fucked) by going to the police or do I drop it and let him be. Surprisingly I'm not actually mad about it. I should be shouldn't I ?  :huh:

So what would you do in that situation? I'm not decided yet... I think I'll have a word or two with that guy once I'm out of the hospital and then decide. 

I'd put him away.  He was robbing someone and he stabbed you.  If he needed money so badly, I'm sure your country has some version of welfare or homeless shelters?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

dropping it has a bigger chance of him repeating the same act again, acting up against it will prevent it pretty well, it's a learning process afterall

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

He stabbed you. That is assault. Don't let it go unpunished, they will not learn.

Fuck up his life. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I'd go to the police. Poverty isn't an excuse to commit violent crimes. Not when there are always other options.

I think if you can bring your self to do something like this, you need to be able to live with the consequences.

Sue that guy. You are lucky he missed vital oragns.

But it would ruin pretty much his whole future carrer... Isn't that too harsh. 

Well then. I don't really care :D I can't upload a picture of the wound as it is covered. 

Pics or it didn't happen! 

tumblr_m6t5vku0OK1qireq9.gif

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Report him. If he is really poor, time will actually serve him well. he will realise that if you need money, there are always jobs, you just have to accept they arent always your dream job

Sue that guy. You are lucky he missed vital oragns.

In Europe (and any other part of the world but US) suing people for just anything isnt a thing. He is insured, which means he will get monetary compensation anyway, as well as (atleast here) a say in how the guy is to do his punishment

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Why are you even asking this? Fucking call the cops, who gives a fuck if he has a police recoprd he tried to mug someone and stabbed someone he clearly doesn't give a fuck about his own life.

No do not have a word with him call the police this guy is a repeat offender and hes just going to do it again.

Well it didn't seem like used violence against the woman so I feel like he might not be that bad of a guy. Also I'm asking because if I was in that situation I would like a second chance (If he already has a police record I'll defo go to the police.) 

you did good. In my country if they get caught they get released the day after even though they killed someone on the robbery and they keep on robbing and so on

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Do I ruin his life (Here in germany if you have a police record you are pretty fucked) 

Yes.

The fact he didn;t pick on someone of his own size/gender is infuriating to me. The fact he threatened a woman, rather than someone like you - and then proceeded to actually harm you instead of just running away..... that is not good, ever. 

Now, if someone did that to me and me only, I may be "whatever" about it (If I didn't defend myself against him and end up killing him). But drag innocent women into the picture? Nope. 

Now, you may want to ask him some pointed questions. Like. Why did you threaten an innocent woman and not someone your own size. Why did you think that was okay? And base your decision off of those questions. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

awesome a stab wound. that will make a great battle scar. you should press charges. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Ist das überhaupt ein Antragsdelikt? Soweit ich weis zählt das als schwere Körperverletzung welche die Polizei immer verfolgt

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Pics or it didn't happen! 

Well then. I don't really care :D I can't upload a picture of the wound as it is covered. 

Ruin his life, you might be lucky you can.

He almost ruined yours.

Don't forget that if you don't do anything, he will probably go free again very soon, and he might hurt people again, and maybe kill them.

So if you don't stop him, probably someone else do it, and then he might have done worse things.

You can avoid that, so do that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Report him. If he is really poor, time will actually serve him well. he will realise that if you need money, there are always jobs, you just have to accept they arent always your dream job

In Europe (and any other part of the world but US) suing people for just anything isnt a thing. He is insured, which means he will get monetary compensation anyway, as well as (atleast here) a say in how the guy is to do his punishment

You get a say in the punishment of the person who wronged you?

......why in the f**k is that not a thing over here?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

You can still upload and post a picture of the covered up wound with the gauze and stuff. Other wise it seems like your trying to grab for attention IMO.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

stab him back. 

just kidding ;P. let him get punished

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M