Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

I'm over them been there done that got a t-shirt that got shrunk in the wash so yeah I won't be in them :)

OK. :D Also, if you haven't yet, read the Code of Conduct and the Privacy Policy.

CoC: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

Privacy Policy: http://linustechtips.com/main/privacypolicy/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hi. I'm a new member. Forums have never really been an activety I could really get into, mainly because I felt like I never felt like I contributed to it. Maybe this forum will be different.

Hi. I'm a new member. Forums have never really been an activety I could really get into, mainly because I felt like I never felt like I contributed to it. Maybe this forum will be different.

Welcome! :) I hope you will be able to feel included in this forum and enjoy the forum experience. Below in my signature are some links you may find helpful such as the Code Of Conduct (aka rules of the forum).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I'm on the LTT community since a bit of time now, but I didn't post here before, in the welcoming topic...

I'm Andrea, I'm 20 and I'm from Italy. I really like it here because you will always have someone to speak to, there's always someone who needs help and always someone to give you some help.

OS: Windows 10 - Kubuntu 15.10 - Mac OSX El Capitan  CPU: i7 4790 @ 4.00GHz  MOBO: AsRock H97M Pro4  RAM: 4x 8GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz  GPU: VTX3D R9-280 X-Edition  CASE: iTek Spacebox w/ Arctic Fans  PSU: Corsair X750M  SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 Evo  HDD: 3TB Western Digital WD30EZRX  DISPLAY: 3x Acer P193W  MOUSE: 5$ Chinese  TOUCHPAD: Logitech T650 Touchpad  KEYBOARD: Perixx Px-5200 w/Mx-Blues

Hello all, I am new to the Forum, just stopped in for a quick intro.... which I have never been good with. I am an active watcher of the shows that Linus and Slick post, I am a bit of a geek, live in Fayetteville, Arkansas.... um, well just Hi lol.

Hey guys. Im another one of those "new giveaway guys" Well, on the forum anyway. Ive been following the Linus Tech Tips youtube channel for the past 6 months or so. I ave been considering signing up on the forums for a while now. Somehow just keep getting distracted. I also wanted to sign up for the highlander giveaway, but I was all "Eh, I don't want to be a give away sign up" xD This time I decided to just sign up, before I got distracted again. (I am a pro at getting distracted)

So yeah, I'm a guy from Maldives, I'm 22, I enjoy all things computer related but am still a big noob at hardware, a bit better with software stuff, lol. I dabble in a lot of stuff before eventually getting distracted ;_; Its a curse really. Had a spell with trying to learn coding, digital art (well, playing about in Photoshop :P ) and other random stuff. These days I just lurk around most of the internet. I enjoy reading a good book, watching anime, playing video games and lazing about. I detest the sun, but unfortunately I live in a place that refuses to stop being sunny unless its raining heavily (we only have 2 seasons and just cause they call one season the rainy season, doesn't mean its raining all the time) and I don't even have a basement to hide in :<

Hello all, I am new to the Forum, just stopped in for a quick intro.... which I have never been good with. I am an active watcher of the shows that Linus and Slick post, I am a bit of a geek, live in Fayetteville, Arkansas.... um, well just Hi lol.

Hey guys. Im another one of those "new giveaway guys" Well, on the forum anyway. Ive been following the Linus Tech Tips youtube channel for the past 6 months or so. I ave been considering signing up on the forums for a while now. Somehow just keep getting distracted. I also wanted to sign up for the highlander giveaway, but I was all "Eh, I don't want to be a give away sign up" xD This time I decided to just sign up, before I got distracted again. (I am a pro at getting distracted)

So yeah, I'm a guy from Maldives, I'm 22, I enjoy all things computer related but am still a big noob at hardware, a bit better with software stuff, lol. I dabble in a lot of stuff before eventually getting distracted ;_; Its a curse really. Had a spell with trying to learn coding, digital art (well, playing about in Photoshop :P ) and other random stuff. These days I just lurk around most of the internet. I enjoy reading a good book, watching anime, playing video games and lazing about. I detest the sun, but unfortunately I live in a place that refuses to stop being sunny unless its raining heavily (we only have 2 seasons and just cause they call one season the rainy season, doesn't mean its raining all the time) and I don't even have a basement to hide in :<

Welcome guys to LinusTechTips! We hope you enjoy your time here. It should be a pleasant experience here. If you just stay away from the flame wars, you should be left unscathed. There should be a few links you should look at if you're new here. 

Code of Conduct: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

Privacy Policy: http://linustechtips.com/main/privacypolicy/

FAQ: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/23093-faq/

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'm on the LTT community since a bit of time now, but I didn't post here before, in the welcoming topic...

I'm Andrea, I'm 20 and I'm from Italy. I really like it here because you will always have someone to speak to, there's always someone who needs help and always someone to give you some help.

Hi @acolombo! :D Great that you are enjoying the community and finding it helpful. :)

so nice to be here

Welcome to the forum @shadowblitz3! :) Hope you will continue to enjoy your adventure in the forum. :D

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hello, im new here. I mostly hang out on swedish forums but I wanted to join a big international one. This seemed like the best place to go since i enjoy Linus videos on Youtube. :D

#PCMASTERRACE

Hello, im new here. I mostly hang out on swedish forums but I wanted to join a big international one. This seemed like the best place to go since i enjoy Linus videos on Youtube. :D

Well, welcome

I dont care about you!

Well, welcome

I dont care about you!

Interesting first reply. :D

I guess there are other forums!

#PCMASTERRACE

Welcome @I_STOLE_YOUR_WIFI (interesting username ;))! Hope you are able to enjoy the forum.

Well, welcome

I dont care about you!

If you did not care about him, why did you welcome him? :D

Join cause I saw the 1 mil video. Didn't want to enter, but I saw that the forum was using software that I am accustomed to:) And because I feel lonely still after my community got shut down....

Looking forward to a long ass stay. 

-Jay

Everything Evangelion.

Well I guess it would be decent to say I joined the forum :). So well, I joined.

Welcome! Hope you will enjoy your stay here. 

Join cause I saw the 1 mil video. Didn't want to enter, but I saw that the forum was using software that I am accustomed to:) And because I feel lonely still after my community got shut down....

Looking forward to a long ass stay. 

Welcome! :) Its unfortunate to see that your community shut down. :/ Hope you will have a good time here. 

Okay...so I need an introduction is that right? fine....

Hey all, I'm Fir35t0rm and I decided to make a new account on the forums after being hooked into Linus's videos a few months ago. Dunno why he's very interesting...must be his voice O.o. Thought it'll would a good time to get involved with a tech community yet again and I think this is the best one.

Right...so I'm 23, live in Western Australia (and no, its not upside-down here... <_<) and been hooked into computers and tech for as long as I remember, despite having a complete line of work as a car mechanic and that is my other passion. My main hobby atm is Photography and weird enough I tend to focus that on automotive and modelling. So I'm sure how am I going to fit in this community but I'm sure I'll fit into somewhere (probably the weird and out-there section :P)

Okay...so I need an introduction is that right? fine....

Hey all, I'm Fir35t0rm and I decided to make a new account on the forums after being hooked into Linus's videos a few months ago. Dunno why he's very interesting...must be his voice O.o. Thought it'll would a good time to get involved with a tech community yet again and I think this is the best one.

Right...so I'm 23, live in Western Australia (and no, its not upside-down here... <_<) and been hooked into computers and tech for as long as I remember, despite having a complete line of work as a car mechanic and that is my other passion. My main hobby atm is Photography and weird enough I tend to focus that on automotive and modelling. So I'm sure how am I going to fit in this community but I'm sure I'll fit into somewhere (probably the weird and out-there section :P)

Welcome @Fir35torm! :) You could be also be hooked to Linus' videos due to his jokes sometimes. :P  There is a Photo/Video section on the forum that may suit you. Hope you will enjoy the forum. Below in my signature are some links you may find useful (such as the Code of Conduct (aka. rules of the forum)).

Hello everyone. Lurked for a while but I figured I'd finally register and hang around a while.

This really does seem like a great place. I was only introduced to Linus's videos about three months ago or so but they've really helped reinvigorate my love for computers I've had since I was a little kid but sort of wained off a couple years during the late-2000's, particularly after a short stint as a computer tech for a small IT firm that just sorta sucked the fun away. The community looks pretty good overall and I love browsing the discussions. Been PC gaming since the early 1990's on Windows 3.1 and tinkering with computers since around 1994-1995 with the first computer I ever took apart being a hand-me-down IBM O/S2.

Anyway, I hope to stick around for a while and support Linus and his team as well as this community.

Hello everyone. Lurked for a while but I figured I'd finally register and hang around a while.

This really does seem like a great place. I was only introduced to Linus's videos about three months ago or so but they've really helped reinvigorate my love for computers I've had since I was a little kid but sort of wained off a couple years during the late-2000's, particularly after a short stint as a computer tech for a small IT firm that just sorta sucked the fun away. The community looks pretty good overall and I love browsing the discussions. Been PC gaming since the early 1990's on Windows 3.1 and tinkering with computers since around 1994-1995 with the first computer I ever took apart being a hand-me-down IBM O/S2.

Anyway, I hope to stick around for a while and support Linus and his team as well as this community.

Welcome @Berkut99! :) Great that you are enjoying the forum. I remember in the past the hard drives were only around 30mbs or so and my PC froze whenever I put a CD in the optical drive xD. In my signature are some links you may find helpful. :)

hey guys,  

new here to the forum. stated watching linus's videos about a year ago when i was on deployment cuz i was tired of playing games on consoles and i wanted something different. built my pc in feburary and of course i went completely overboard ( specs will come later today or tomorrow) like a dummy. i really enjoy the computer scene and how they operate, it boggles my mind at what these things do. theres still a shit ton i dont know and dont understand  but hopefully this forum can leviate this problem ( i hate seraching for stuff on here lol

hey guys,  

new here to the forum. stated watching linus's videos about a year ago when i was on deployment cuz i was tired of playing games on consoles and i wanted something different. built my pc in feburary and of course i went completely overboard ( specs will come later today or tomorrow) like a dummy. i really enjoy the computer scene and how they operate, it boggles my mind at what these things do. theres still a shit ton i dont know and dont understand  but hopefully this forum can leviate this problem ( i hate seraching for stuff on here lol

Welcome to the forum @ibanez1717! :) I hope you will find this forum helpful and enjoyable.