Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

I had the opportunity to meet Linus, Luke and Brandon at PAX 2014. I was so surprised on how down to earth they are. I half expected not to get the time of day from them, but they actually spoke with me for several minutes despite their (I imagine) really busy schedule. So here I am back in my hotel and I have decided to support them additionally as a Gold Contributor. I have always believed in what Linus Media Group has been doing and have been watching Linus long before he started his business. Back in the NCIX days. He has come a long way, but is still very humble and an all around nice guy. I hope to keep my contributor level up for many years to come. Keep the excellent content coming! Thanks guys!

post-123192-0-56775800-1409450778.jpg

I had the opportunity to meet Linus, Luke and Brandon at PAX 2014. I was so surprised on how down to earth they are. I half expected not to get the time of day from them, but they actually spoke with me for several minutes despite their (I imagine) really busy schedule. So here I am back in my hotel and I have decided to support them additionally as a Gold Contributor. I have always believed in what Linus Media Group has been doing and have been watching Linus long before he started his business. Back in the NCIX days. He has come a long way, but is still very humble and an all around nice guy. I hope to keep my contributor level up for many years to come. Keep the excellent content coming! Thanks guys!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for donating! We hope you stay here for a while. I'm so jelly you met Linus.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for donating! We hope you stay here for a while. I'm so jelly you met Linus.

I also got to see him host 2 videos while at the Intel booth. Nailed both of them one take each. I was in awe :). I have to admit I was a little star struck.

I also got to see him host 2 videos while at the Intel booth. Nailed both of them one take each. I was in awe :). I have to admit I was a little star struck.

That is totally awesome. Hope your time here on LTT is a pleasant one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That is totally awesome. Hope your time here on LTT is a pleasant one.

Thank you for being so kind. If all of LTT is this nice, I will certainly have a pleasant time.

Thank you for being so kind. If all of LTT is this nice, I will certainly have a pleasant time.

Well, there are a few morons to watch out for. Sometimes they just lose it.

Edit: I just realized I was talking to a 35 year old, even though I am only 14.

Well, there are a few morons to watch out for. Sometimes they just lose it.

Edit: I just realized I was talking to a 35 year old, even though I am only 14.

:) still a geek, just an older one.

It's probably just me and my foolishness, but since I didn't notice any clear "Welcome New Members" thread, I figured this would be the best thread for such posts. ANYHOW...

Hi there, こにちわ (Konnichiwa), xin chào! Apart from those being the three languages I know (though the latter two is not as fluent as English), I'd just like to say that I've been long overdue to actually join the forums, since I've been watching Linus Tech Tips on both YouTube and Twitch for ages now; guess my laziness always reigned supreme until today. ._." My name's Phú Lê Tràn (Paul Le Tran), but CooktheChef's usually what I go for on the interwebs (except for Twitter and stuff, where I just felt my real name was more appropriate). Aside from loving technology as a whole, computers, computer science, gadgets, and such, I'm just a typical, second-year college student who's specifically studying at Pomona College and double majoring in Mathematics and Economics.

Besides that basic information, I guess one quirky thing about me is that although I've (unfortunately) never set foot upon England, I've had an English accent all my life due to family members and how the majority of my mates are all from England. ._."

Pleasure to meet you all! ^-^

--

Boo.

It's probably just me and my foolishness, but since I didn't notice any clear "Welcome New Members" thread, I figured this would be the best thread for such posts. ANYHOW...

Hi there, こにちわ (Konnichiwa), xin chào! Apart from those being the three languages I know (though the latter two is not as fluent as English), I'd just like to say that I've been long overdue to actually join the forums, since I've been watching Linus Tech Tips on both YouTube and Twitch for ages now; guess my laziness always reigned supreme until today. ._." My name's Phú Lê Tràn (Paul Le Tran), but CooktheChef's usually what I go for on the interwebs (except for Twitter and stuff, where I just felt my real name was more appropriate). Aside from loving technology as a whole, computers, computer science, gadgets, and such, I'm just a typical, second-year college student who's specifically studying at Pomona College and double majoring in Mathematics and Economics.

Besides that basic information, I guess one quirky thing about me is that although I've (unfortunately) never set foot upon England, I've had an English accent all my life due to family members and how the majority of my mates are all from England. ._."

Pleasure to meet you all! ^-^

Welcome to Linus Tech Tips! We hope your time here is pleasant. Just one rule of thumb. Sorry, but no personal info can be listed in the signature you put in. There is a section in your profile you can put your email. And I wouldn't put the address. Somebody out there might stalk you. 

It took long enough to get here, glad I did though. ^^

I love free stuff since I can't afford anything with a pricetag. Not anymore at least.

Hey fellas, new to the Linus forums.  Look like a great online community to be a part of.

Question... I cant seem to paste into a new thread I was trying to create.  I tried right click paste, tried the little icon at the op with the clipboards, nothing... Anyone knows whats up?

Hello to everyone! It's the first time i join a forum, and i am quite happy to join LTT's ^_^ looking forward to get involved :)

It took long enough to get here, glad I did though. ^^

OK, glad you made it. :) Welcome to LinusTechTips! We hope your experience here on this forum is a pleasant one. Just steer clear of the AMD vs Nvidia, Android vs Apple, and Intel vs AMD flame wars and you'll survive just fine. Also, take some time to read the Code of Conduct so you don't do anything stupid here.

Hello to everyone! It's the first time i join a forum, and i am quite happy to join LTT's ^_^ looking forward to get involved :)

Hello! :D Welcome to LinusTechTips! We hope your experience here is a pleasant one. Like I said to the last guy, just steer clear of the AMD vs Nvidia, Android vs Apple, and Intel vs AMD flame wars and you'll survive just fine. Also, take some time to read the Code of Conduct so you don't do anything stupid here.

WELL MET!

I'm new here, so I thought I'd say hello. My PCMR friend told me about Linus one day, and I eventually subscribed to his channel and found my way here.

WELL MET!

I'm new here, so I thought I'd say hello. My PCMR friend told me about Linus one day, and I eventually subscribed to his channel and found my way here.

Well, hello there to The Internet! Also known as LinusTechTips. We hope your experience here is a pleasant one. Just take a few moments to read the Code of Conduct and make sure not to get in trouble with our moderators, but they are mostly nice, most of the time. :)

Well, hello there to The Internet! Also known as LinusTechTips. We hope your experience here is a pleasant one. Just take a few moments to read the Code of Conduct and make sure not to get in trouble with our moderators, but they are mostly nice, most of the time. :)

I'm actually trying to find the Code of Conduct and I'm lost. Would you mind linking it to me?

I'm actually trying to find the Code of Conduct and I'm lost. Would you mind linking it to me?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/

You will find it on the bottom right of every forum page.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Ah, okay. Thanks!

No problem. Welcome by the way.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Hola como estan or as in your languaje you would say: Hi how are you LTT community? My name is... nah nobody cares about that. Im 22 years old, Im from Latin America, from colombia to be more especific. The first time I saw a Linus-made video was a R9 270 review and I got amazed because of the great quality and "hilariousness" at the same time. Now I watch at least a video everyday, and im suscribed to all his channels. Ive learnt so much and I encouraged to change my mind from buying a console (xbox 360, PS3... those things lol) and get piece by piece a gaming rig because of his videos and from another youtubers as well. thank godness I did :D

I was a "peasant" most of my gamer lifetime, from like 6 yrs old until now. I owned a NES, a PSX one, a PS2 and I played on veeeeeery low end PCs (pentium 2, 3 and those AMD ye olde giant processors wich I cant remember to name) and actually I have a PC (not a so decent one but it is what I could get here) I work repairing, maintaining PC's, I fix some tablets as well and I do some stuff... but that is not too interesting for you all tough.

I hope to have a great time and make some friends (im kind of lonely when I play games online) and learn even more and..... Im so excited!!!

PD: Please guys, PLEASE forgive my grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, spell, mispell, bad jokes... My english (its not my native languaje, see above) is not very good as you can see and I have a membrane keyboard lol

Hey Everyone, I just joined this forums today because I love Linus' youtube vids. And I found the vids mainly be browsing the /r/pcgamingmasterrace subreddit.

Hola como estan or as in your languaje you would say: Hi how are you LTT community? My name is... nah nobody cares about that. Im 22 years old, Im from Latin America, from colombia to be more especific. The first time I saw a Linus-made video was a R9 270 review and I got amazed because of the great quality and "hilariousness" at the same time. Now I watch at least a video everyday, and im suscribed to all his channels. Ive learnt so much and I encouraged to change my mind from buying a console (xbox 360, PS3... those things lol) and get piece by piece a gaming rig because of his videos and from another youtubers as well. thank godness I did :D

I was a "peasant" most of my gamer lifetime, from like 6 yrs old until now. I owned a NES, a PSX one, a PS2 and I played on veeeeeery low end PCs (pentium 2, 3 and those AMD ye olde giant processors wich I cant remember to name) and actually I have a PC (not a so decent one but it is what I could get here) I work repairing, maintaining PC's, I fix some tablets as well and I do some stuff... but that is not too interesting for you all tough.

I hope to have a great time and make some friends (im kind of lonely when I play games online) and learn even more and..... Im so excited!!!

PD: Please guys, PLEASE forgive my grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, spell, mispell, bad jokes... My english (its not my native languaje, see above) is not very good as you can see and I have a membrane keyboard lol

Welcome to the forum! I hope you will enjoy the forum and hope you will be able to master English by practicing it here in the forum. :) Below in my signature are some links you may find useful (such as the Code of Conduct).

Hey Everyone, I just joined this forums today because I love Linus' youtube vids. And I found the vids mainly be browsing the /r/pcgamingmasterrace subreddit.

Welcome! :) I hope you will enjoy the forum and find it useful.  Below in my signature are some links you may find useful (such as the Code of Conduct).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Allo Allo. 

Trying to be different. Haha. Anyway I'm evinta and I come from a land of long white clouds. Anyway I am a new custom built user. My dad has been getting his done by a custom computer company for years (he is scared of damaging the parts so he chooses what he wants and pays them $70 to put it together with a year warranty) but I stuck with laptops for a while. Then i became a graphic designing video maker leaving me with only desktops to go to. 

So leading up to building my first i went onto youtube and yeah one thing lead to another. In the past the only tech forums i joined were full of people that were believers that they were always right and not so friendly so i spent ages deciding wither or not i should join. Well you guys know the outcome... so yeah abit more about me. 

So my real name is Bryar, I am 28 and have mild aspergers so i am mildly autistic. I have a "open door" policy when it comes to questions about this, i believe the more people know and understand the better so feel free to ask me anything :D. I am mainly a graphic designer but started doing video after finding myself doing more videos at my church. I use the adobe CC suite and use it all on a PC i built with my younger brother Cody for just $40 over 1k NZD, watching the YT videos helped me understand what "H97" means on my motherboard and other things, the last computer i built was when i was 11 when my dad gave me two pc's to combine into one. 

So yeah can't wait to meet you all :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Allo Allo. 

Trying to be different. Haha. Anyway I'm evinta and I come from a land of long white clouds. Anyway I am a new custom built user. My dad has been getting his done by a custom computer company for years (he is scared of damaging the parts so he chooses what he wants and pays them $70 to put it together with a year warranty) but I stuck with laptops for a while. Then i became a graphic designing video maker leaving me with only desktops to go to. 

So leading up to building my first i went onto youtube and yeah one thing lead to another. In the past the only tech forums i joined were full of people that were believers that they were always right and not so friendly so i spent ages deciding wither or not i should join. Well you guys know the outcome... so yeah abit more about me. 

So my real name is Bryar, I am 28 and have mild aspergers so i am mildly autistic. I have a "open door" policy when it comes to questions about this, i believe the more people know and understand the better so feel free to ask me anything :D. I am mainly a graphic designer but started doing video after finding myself doing more videos at my church. I use the adobe CC suite and use it all on a PC i built with my younger brother Cody for just $40 over 1k NZD, watching the YT videos helped me understand what "H97" means on my motherboard and other things, the last computer i built was when i was 11 when my dad gave me two pc's to combine into one. 

So yeah can't wait to meet you all :)

Welcome to LinusTechTips! We hope your experience is a pleasant one here. :D Just watch out for flame wars like against AMD vs Intel, AMD vs NVidia, and Apple vs Android, and your time will be just fine here. Don't get sucked into the world of flame wars.

Welcome to LinusTechTips! We hope your experience is a pleasant one here. :D Just watch out for flame wars like against AMD vs Intel, AMD vs NVidia, and Apple vs Android, and your time will be just fine here. Don't get sucked into the world of flame wars.

I'm over them been there done that got a t-shirt that got shrunk in the wash so yeah I won't be in them :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask!