Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forum!

LinusTech
Message added by colonel_mortis

Welcome to the forum! Please also take a look at the Community Standards to make sure you are aware of our rules.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone in this community! Finally decided to sign up and join in on the fun.

Been a long time follower of Linus since his NCIX days and hope to both learn and share a lot of stuff here at LTT :D

Long time lurker. Signed up a few days ago.

Hello!

Greetings to all ! Have been quite active over here for the last couple of days. But at least I should drop in and say hello to everybody here :D

Just wanted to say hi to everyone in this community! Finally decided to sign up and join in on the fun.

Been a long time follower of Linus since his NCIX days and hope to both learn and share a lot of stuff here at LTT :D

Long time lurker. Signed up a few days ago.

Hello!

Welcome guys! :) Hope your stay here will be good and enjoyable. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Hi.  Been a daily watcher of the channel for a while and finally decided to join.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

Hi.  Been a daily watcher of the channel for a while and finally decided to join.

Welcome Ragin Asian! I hope you will enjoy the forum. :)

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Probably should stop being a lurker, hello LTT forum  :)

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Probably should stop being a lurker, hello LTT forum  :)

Welcome! :) Hope you will enjoy your time participating at this forum. 

1020 posts, 0 views.

Seems legit.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Guess i  should say hello :)

33 year old Firefighter who enjoys killing pixels.

glad to be a member! looking forward to it! 19 year old from wales.

I have been here for exactly 2 hours asking about my future build, and I have already saved about $50 thanks to part recommendations. I love this community :3 

I have been here for exactly 2 hours asking about my future build, and I have already saved about $50 thanks to part recommendations. I love this community :3 

This is basically a hidden utopia.

Though, if we all got together in real life, things could go south...

Guess i  should say hello :)

33 year old Firefighter who enjoys killing pixels.

glad to be a member! looking forward to it! 19 year old from wales.

Welcome to the forum! :) I hope you guys will find the forum useful and be able to save some money like @ultimategamernerd if you are getting suggestions for a new build. :)

Hello people of the internet!

I am fairly new to this forum and wanted to start a thread about a home server for in-home streaming games and online video but I don't know where to put this thread?

In fact I don't know where I should be posting this question so I'll just leave it here....

So... where can I post questions about home server/home theatre/home gamestream servers?

Hello people of the internet!

I am fairly new to this forum and wanted to start a thread about a home server for in-home streaming games and online video but I don't know where to put this thread?

In fact I don't know where I should be posting this question so I'll just leave it here....

So... where can I post questions about home server/home theatre/home gamestream servers?

Welcome, fellow person of the internet :P

You could put it in 'Networking' or 'Gaming' or 'Troubleshooting' or 'PC Gaming' depending on what the question was. Although, if you really can't think of a place and the question is somewhat generic, put it in the 'General Discussion' place and just say you couldn't think of where to put it. 

Don't worry about misplacing it too, as long as your question is answered, it's been effective, right? Although I assume it has already been answered by now :)

Compatible with Windows 95

Well hello to everyone in the general vicinity i suppose.

I ran out of beer an hour ago and copying 4Tb of Data from one HDD to another still has another 20+ hours to go...

I've been meaning to drop in here for about 18 months now, but since my better half decided to mix vodka with my PC it looks like i'm on the market for a new PC.

I'm going to see the prices and review of the x99 stuff and see what price drops of the z97 are before starting to put together a list.

Also 2 HDD failures in 3 months means i have been mandated by she who must not be named that i have to "fix the problem so she doesn't loose another episode of Jeremy Kyle". Personally, i'm quite happy that we lost 6 season of that show, but apparently i'm not meant to think like that ;)

So it looks like a NAS is on the horizon for me as well.

--------------------------

Thx

AusTempest

Well hello to everyone in the general vicinity i suppose.

I ran out of beer an hour ago and copying 4Tb of Data from one HDD to another still has another 20+ hours to go...

I've been meaning to drop in here for about 18 months now, but since my better half decided to mix vodka with my PC it looks like i'm on the market for a new PC.

I'm going to see the prices and review of the x99 stuff and see what price drops of the z97 are before starting to put together a list.

Also 2 HDD failures in 3 months means i have been mandated by she who must not be named that i have to "fix the problem so she doesn't loose another episode of Jeremy Kyle". Personally, i'm quite happy that we lost 6 season of that show, but apparently i'm not meant to think like that ;)

So it looks like a NAS is on the horizon for me as well.

Welcome to the forum! :) If you want advice for a build, you can go to New Builds and Planning to get suggestions about your build or if you want a suggestion for a good NAS you can go to Storage Solutions.Below in my signature are some links you may find helpful and I hope you will enjoy the forum, and hopefully not lose more episodes. :)

Welcome to the forum! :) If you want advice for a build, you can go to New Builds and Planning to get suggestions about your build or if you want a suggestion for a good NAS you can go to Storage Solutions.Below in my signature are some links you may find helpful and I hope you will enjoy the forum, and hopefully not lose more episodes. :)

thanks for that, I'm putting together a list based on z97 at the moment, when I'm mostly happy, I'll drop by the new builds forums and see what people think.

As for the NAS, I still don't know whether I'm going down the pre built or custom route yet.

--------------------------

Thx

AusTempest

Why 0 views? Did the stop counting? 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Hello.

I'm 15 years old from Germany. Looking forward to discussing things, recommending people stuff and perhaps even getting recommendations myself if I ever need help with something. :)

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Hello.

I'm 15 years old from Germany. Looking forward to discussing things, recommending people stuff and perhaps even getting recommendations myself if I ever need help with something. :)

Guten tag! We are looking forward to see what you got to say. :D

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hi :D 
i'm 20 years old from Poland, and my name is Marcin :D I'd like to spend some time on those forums :D

I can't use images :(

Hi :D 

i'm 20 years old from Poland, and my name is Marcin :D I'd like to spend some time on those forums :D

Welcome to the forum @GraphXx. I hope you will enjoy participating in the forum. :)