Do you have any food in storage that is past it's expiration date?

i thought i don't have them but i do....a bbq sauce from 2010 ._.

Oooo, use it :P

if i end up in hospital, i blame you

Oh okay then don't :x

Not as much as you think!

Much better term would be : " Best before date is confusing . " 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I have some kool aid packets that expired in like 2007

Probably still fine to use.

Jk, don't.

Much better term would be : " Best before date is confusing . "

Of course something like raw meat or milk isn't very trustworthy anymore after that date. But junk foods of course are fine.

Of course something like raw meat or milk isn't very trustworthy anymore after that date. But junk foods of course are fine.

Not if you preserve it well ... Milk is the only thing I can agree on ... But meat has its exceptions ... You can salt it , marinade it with soy sauce , etc. 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I have like 500 expired twinkies, most of them are in the freezer.

Those things expire? Damn.. I didn't think they could!

/jk

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

No, but I know someone with Nilla wafers that expired in 2006.

Have a ham that I opened this month with a December 2013 expiration date on it. Still tastes great!

Those things expire? Damn.. I didn't think they could!

/jk

That's why I bought 500 of them lol

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Probably still fine to use.

Jk, don't.

actually they're fine because i few months ago i used one and it was still good.

Last thing I had that was out of date, slipped out of my fridge late one night, stole my car and I haven't seen either in over two years.

Seriously, some expiration dates are meaningless, others are important. Even the important ones can be taken with a grain of salt since they have a built in buffer in addition to erring on the side of caution.

Packaging and treatment will determine the shelf life more than anythng else. As an example, milk can remain safe to drink for over a decade while stored in a non-refrigerated desert warehouse if it is packaged properly. It should be noted, that most perishables you buy at your local grocer are NOT packaged for long term storage.

Sgt. Murphy says, "Never forget that your weapons and equipment were made by the lowest bidder."

Yes, but I think it's alive now, so that's why I don't throw it away.

I hate when I forgot some meal in the fridge and it goes bad. Neither me or my roommates want to throw it because it's probably alive (but eventually someone throws it out), maybe we can wait till it grows legs and escapes from fridge on its own? :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Not readily right now... but.

I had some 4 month PAST old Yoghurt the other day...

I'm still kickin.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I hate when I forgot some meal in the fridge and it goes bad. Neither me or my roommates want to throw it because it's probably alive (but eventually someone throws it out), maybe we can wait till it grows legs and escapes from fridge on its own? :D

In case of food reincarnation, use guns :P

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

spices and things from like mid '90s

not really food. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What it's like to open our fridge.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Some very rancid and old beers, but probably no food.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

we have some olive oil that expired in 2011, and it looks just fine so we use it :P

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

I don't have any pictures, but when I cleared out my grandmas house. There was so much it would take days to sort what's "edible" and what's considered a new organism.

Overkill Chill:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU with Hyper 212evo | RAM:  2 x 4 GB DDR3 MoBo: ASRock H61M-DGS R2.0 | PSU: Rosewill PHOTON 750W | GPU: SAPPHIRE DUAL-X R9 280 3GB | Case: Antec One Gaming | Storage: Kingston HyperX 120gb, Seagate 2 TB | OS: Windows 10 | Displays:  Asus VS228H-P, Hp 2009m

We had a pack of... gravy? (Dutch: jus) that expired in 2004 in one of the food drawers...

yeah

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!