McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots

That's what really kills me. The upper ups who have company pride. Personally I've absolutely despised every corporation I've ever worked for. Mainly because the jobs were horrible, but also because the people in charge were morons I wouldn't trust to run a lemonade stand.

Yah, we have 2 types here; the regular morons, and the guys that borderline hate their subordinates for even existing.  The idiots we can deal with, they just require guidance or planning ahead.  But the other guys have this weird contempt for the workers, in a way I haven't seen before.  They got mad recently because we were having too many safety concerns and incidents, we have had 2 thus far and both were minor.  These guys have fallen for the pure profit mindset, blindly hating the very thing that makes the profit. 

Yah, we have 2 types here; the regular morons, and the guys that borderline hate their subordinates for even existing.  The idiots we can deal with, they just require guidance or planning ahead.  But the other guys have this weird contempt for the workers, in a way I haven't seen before.  They got mad recently because we were having too many safety concerns and incidents, we have had 2 thus far and both were minor.  These guys have fallen for the pure profit mindset, blindly hating the very thing that makes the profit. 

Sounds like the type of people who should have been fired long ago.

Seriously, if I owned a business, and I found out about someone acting like that towards my employee's their ass would be out of there without a reference.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Sounds like the type of people who should have been fired long ago.

Seriously, if I owned a business, and I found out about someone acting like that towards my employee's their ass would be out of there without a reference.

LOL, they get promoted because they act this way.  They save the company money.  It is the same problem most corporations are having right now, extreme sacrifice of the long term, for continued short term gains.

Much of it is inevitable - humans have always used tools in order to minimize labor.

But when cities start passing minimum wage laws that make the machines cheaper than the humans the process only accelerates.

Not sure if I'd still call it a restaurant though.

How about calling it a walk in vending machine?

LOL, they get promoted because they act this way.  They save the company money.  It is the same problem most corporations are having right now, extreme sacrifice of the long term, for continued short term gains.

My question is, they know this kind of behavior will screw them in the long run, so why do they keep doing it?

I'm fine with this in a fast-food restaurant, but I feel that this would be too inappropriate for a real, formal restaurant.

My question is, they know this kind of behavior will screw them in the long run, so why do they keep doing it?

It is a much larger discussion, but the short answer is because they have to.  These companies are beholden to the shareholders.  And the shareholders demand quarterly profits.  So in order to please the shareholders, the board of directors hires people from the top down who will generate the most profits next quarter.  If you fail to produce equal or greater profits than last quarter, you are replaced.  So these companies end up with these kinds of people at the top, who are willing to do whatever it takes to be at the top, and care nothing for the people below them.

I worked with a guy who actually felt that people who made less than him were actually worth less as people.  And the lowest paid people in our group didn't even deserve to be allowed to be employed because they were obviously worthless as human beings.  Needless to say this man was universally hated, but he held a position of power via his rank and pay, so no one could really say anything.

The funny thing is, essentially, we the masses are the shareholders for these companies.  We are invested in the stock market, in 401Ks, all that stuff.  And we as the masses, want our retirement funds to go up, and thus we push these companies to these extremes.  Essentially, the masses are yelling at the companies to make more money, by demanding we fire the masses to cut costs.  Then we want American jobs, but punish any company that dares to not have the cheapest product; showing that we want American jobs, but don't want to pay American wages.  It's a vicious cycle that can only be stopped when the system as a whole breaks, and has to be rebuilt into something else.

It is a much larger discussion, but the short answer is because they have to.  These companies are beholden to the shareholders.  And the shareholders demand quarterly profits.  So in order to please the shareholders, the board of directors hires people from the top down who will generate the most profits next quarter.  If you fail to produce equal or greater profits than last quarter, you are replaced.  So these companies end up with these kinds of people at the top, who are willing to do whatever it takes to be at the top, and care nothing for the people below them.

I worked with a guy who actually felt that people who made less than him were actually worth less as people.  And the lowest paid people in our group didn't even deserve to be allowed to be employed because they were obviously worthless as human beings.  Needless to say this man was universally hated, but he held a position of power via his rank and pay, so no one could really say anything.

The funny thing is, essentially, we the masses are the shareholders for these companies.  We are invested in the stock market, in 401Ks, all that stuff.  And we as the masses, want our retirement funds to go up, and thus we push these companies to these extremes.  Essentially, the masses are yelling at the companies to make more money, by demanding we fire the masses to cut costs.  Then we want American jobs, but punish any company that dares to not have the cheapest product; showing that we want American jobs, but don't want to pay American wages.  It's a vicious cycle that can only be stopped when the system as a whole breaks, and has to be rebuilt into something else.

That's a good point.

I'm fine with this in a fast-food restaurant, but I feel that this would be too inappropriate for a real, formal restaurant.

I doubt it could work in a standard "sit down" restaurant as anything other than some kind of novelty fancy robot restaurant.  At most I could see regular restaurants buying some purpose built robots, like something to prepare veggies or something.  Even then, having people serve you will forever be the epitome of "wealth".  In the future, the poor will have robot servants, and the rich will have living people serving them.

I rarely eat mc donalds, but when I do, it would be a nice change to be served by something slightly smarter than a tomato.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They just need to make the video game "Five Nights at Ronalds" to complete the joke.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Looking forward see a video of this in action.

Awesome!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Perceived "short term gain" is often equivalent to "I'll still be in business tomorrow."

The threat of going out of business having a major impact on long term planning.

" Come with me if you want to eat. "

" I'll be Mac "

thumbs up

Soooo... this is supirisingly accurate :S

First this:

Then as automation continues:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIktqjfsB_0

All beacuse of this:

Sorry about bad quality...couldn't find any other clips and some of them I wanted to show weren't there -____-

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

Bring an EMP and rob the store

FRENCH FRIES FOR LIFE

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Bring an EMP and rob the store

FRENCH FRIES FOR LIFE

too bad they taste like garbage once they go cold. can't even reheat the suckers properly.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If a robot can do a job faster, cheaper and better, then there is no reason to employ a human.

this just won't work in socities that embrace capitalism

And why not just kill the poor while we're at it, we all kmow that's the end goal

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I rarely eat mc donalds, but when I do, it would be a nice change to be served by something slightly smarter than a tomato.

McDonalds; where the customer knows the total cost of their meal before the person at the cash register does.