YouTuber targeted in spear phishing attack

YouTuber JT Valor has been hacked as part of a targeted spear phishing attack in which they sent him a malicious URL and were able to wipe both of his personal phones linked to his YouTube and Pokémon Go account.

The hackers renamed his account MicroStrategy. 

JT Valor is one of the most prominent Pokémon Go streamers with ~177 000 subscribers on YouTube.

JT has posted this video alerting people that his accounts have been hacked

-JJ

28 minutes ago, JollyJamma said:

YouTuber JT Valor has been hacked as part of a targeted spear phishing attack in which they sent him a malicious URL and were able to wipe both of his personal phones linked to his YouTube and Pokémon Go account.

JT Valor is one of the most prominent Pokémon Go streamers with ~177 000 subscribers on YouTube.

-JJ

Quite unfortunate, but just goes to show it can happen to anyone. The industry really needs to do a better job of educating consumers on just how easily and quickly an account can become compromised, sometimes through what seem to be the most benign methods.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

20 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Quite unfortunate, but just goes to show it can happen to anyone. The industry really needs to do a better job of educating consumers on just how easily and quickly an account can become compromised, sometimes through what seem to be the most benign methods.

Hmm, never delved into it, and not a savvy person about these things.
I wonder why youtube doesn't make it so that 2fa confirmation is needed whenever their server detects an access to an account from different IP or something.

Like when google shows a prompt on my phone and ask me to confirm it is me.

50 minutes ago, JollyJamma said:

That sucks

But yea...., not the first, won't be the last

Hopefully he can recover it fast

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

52 minutes ago, JollyJamma said:

-JJ

Same Micro Strategy scam happened to that Boomgonza guy who streams those mobile games, and I know some of the LMG channels like ShortCircuit and LTT were hacked a little while ago, not sure if that's the same thing but it sounds like it... this needs to be stopped! 

I love making PCPartPicker lists.

If I answer your question (or someone else), please mark it as the answer. 

Please refresh before replying, I like to edit my posts.

PC SPECS: Intel i5-12600K, RX 6700 XT, 32GB DDR4 RAM

Favorite cheap but great tech: AMD RX 6700 XT, Yunzii YZ75 Keyboard, Acer Nitro XV272U Vbmiiprx