Random hitches and a freeze on my pc

Hello!

Very recently I started having some hitches (small freezes for like 1-3 seconds) occassionally while playing Valorant, and almost everytime I initially do a screenshot with lightshot.

Finally today while I was browsing, the screen decided to freeze. Mouse and keyboard were unresponsive but no BSODs, I had to terminate my pc using the power button.

Furthermore, after the hitches finish, I notice a lot of my peripherals might have been disconnected during it (for example, I am using my "default" mic when talking on discord, but after a freeze, my microphone changes which indicates it disconnected sometime around the freeze) It's like my pc can't process anything for some mere seconds. I have checked the event logs but nothing weird shows up during the freeze. Only relevant event I see is "Unexpected shutdown" when restarting my pc.

My biggest question here is how can I troubleshoot this? How can I know where the problem starts from?

I haven't updated any graphics drivers recently, but I do remember having some windows updates done recently

I also kinda wanna blame Vanguard for some reason, maybe it's messing my PC somehow?

Any ideas for how to troubleshoot this?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor

MOBO: Aorus bro b450

RAM: DDR4 4*8GB

GPU: RX 6650 XT, connected to screen with DisplayPort

SSD: 2 NVME and 2 Sata SSD

PSU: Corsair v550

What error types did you specifically review in Event Log Viewer?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

What error types did you specifically review in Event Log Viewer?

The Error and Critical ones