McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots

McDonald's is opening a new restaurant where its going to have its daily operation employees replaced by robots.

mcdonalds-store.png

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The article brings the problem related to job loss when it comes to robots in the fast food business.

36-year-old Paul Horner, an unemployed fast food worker, told reporters he is extremely disappointed by the decision to employ only robots instead of humans.

“This McDonald’s had my resume, I already completed two job interviews there and was scheduled to start working once the new store opened in July,” Horner said. “I need a job, I need money. Then I hear of this new robot McDonald’s instead of a regular human one and my dreams are completely shattered. I don’t know what I’m going to do. My mom wants me out of the house at the end of the month, so now I’m going to have to find another place to crash I guess. Fuc*king McDonald’s.”

McDonald's on the other hand hopes to boost its share price by cutting potential salaries entirely.

With this decision, shareholders can finally expect to see their stocks on the rise once again since employee salaries are not only cut, but eliminated. By cutting employees, McDonald’s says it is projecting to make a full financial turnaround and see their stock (MCD) return to $105/share which was originally set back in 2014. In the U.S., first quarter comparable sales decreased 2.6% as product and promotional offers did not meet expectations. U.S. operating income for the quarter declined 11%, reflecting weak sales and the impact of restructuring and restaurant closing charges.

Source: http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

In a way, we all know that this will happen eventually, not surprisingly, int he fast food industry. It's sad but expected. I wonder how will be acceptance of a full automatic service. How are customer complaints handled? I think It will be devastating for the lower part of society as well as the students. I worked for McDonald's long time ago, when I was a young student... didn't likes it one bit, but it was money. Heck, I built my first computer this way.

Wow I live right next to this, I'm going here....

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

So maybe instead of a knife, people can find bolts in their Big Mac? /jk

/roasted @mcdonalds

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Seems like the inevitability is that manufacturing jobs and, well, jobs like this will be replaced with automated workers.  So, then the question becomes; what do all those workers do?  Job industry ain't the best.. unless.. we -become- the robots.  Problem solved.

Until the robots cook a rotten burger and serve it up. Removing humans from the kitchen will not end well.

Anybody who watches Futurama will know Robots have so sense of smell or taste.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Wow I live right next to this, I'm going here....

Ha, once it opens let us know how is the experience. I am really curious.

I don't see this happening on a large scale for a long time, except in say, a vodka bar

- snip-

Until the robots cook a rotten burger and serve it up. Removing humans from the kitchen will not end well.

Anybody who watches Futurama will know Robots have so sense of smell or taste.

Jfl I want someone to actually make a bender unit and have it cook.

- snip-

Ha, once it opens let us know how is the experience. I am really curious.

Once it opens I'll make a video on my experience for sure, (if it opens), also I wonder how they plan on giving you your order? Maybe a conveyer belt seems very strange :P

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Seems like the inevitability is that manufacturing jobs and, well, jobs like this will be replaced with automated workers.  So, then the question becomes; what do all those workers do?  Job industry ain't the best.. unless.. we -become- the robots.  Problem solved.

Or people realize that we're closely approaching the point in time when currency is no longer necessary because no one HAS to work unless they want to.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's going to result in massive layoff. As terrible a job as working at a fast food restaurant is, it's still a job none-the-less. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Or people realize that we're closely approaching the point in time when currency is no longer necessary because no one HAS to work unless they want to.

We are VERY far from something like this on ideological level. I mean, you are talking about Star Trek type of society.

We are VERY far from something like this on ideological level. I mean, you are talking about Star Trek type of society.

Yes, and? We already have 3d printers that can print food. All we really need is something that will allow us to deconstruct garbage on an atomical level and reconstruct it however we want.

At the current rate of technological advancement, I'd guess that is feasible within the next hundred years.

So this is how the machines will begin creating the Matrix... by enticing the human race with... cheeseburgers!

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

Yes, and? We already have 3d printers that can print food. All we really need is something that will allow us to deconstruct garbage on an atomical level and reconstruct it however we want.

At the current rate of technological advancement, I'd guess that is feasible within the next hundred years.

Man.. corporations are going to fight tooth and nail to preserve a cash based society.  They won't be top of the food chain in a Star Trek-esque utopia.  They'll just be arses in suits.

Its absolutely nothing wrong with putting money on one place where it sits.
 Its totally not breaking the basic rule of economy. And society.

Man.. corporations are going to fight tooth and nail to preserve a cash based society.  They won't be top of the food chain in a Star Trek-esque utopia.  They'll just be arses in suits.

Replace corporation with robots.

That's why we really need people to get a hold of patents for 3d printing technology etc. NOW and keep them under copyleft or no-rights reserved licensing. Not letting the corporations control it.

That's why we really need people to get a hold of patents for 3d printing technology etc. NOW and keep them under copyleft or no-rights reserved licensing. Not letting the corporations control it.

Super expensive to do it worldwide and only corps got enough money and lawyers.

Welp there goes those good paying service jobs.. O wait. Good luck paying for school on your own now.

next thing is buying a big mac from a vending machine