Kids these days

zappian

So my neighbour has a nephew that is utterly addicted to gta V .

He is like what 7 years old and he plays mafia II , GTA V and all the violent games.

So his grandmother went to the bar and left the kid here for a while , he kept buggering me to let him play GTA V and I explained him I didnt even had it on my HDD and I was busy.

So he keeps asking what games I can let him play and I keep telling him the games I have are no fun for him ( mostly old games like deus Ex I have installed ).

So his grandmother comes back from the bar and he throws a temper trantum because he didnt get to play any games and hides on the stairs and no one knew where the kid was .

Even when his parents let him play he throws temper tantrums whenever they tell him its time to get off the console.

He is competently addicted to video games at such a young age lol . Its pretty sad.

im lucky i got raised in the time were thing were growing faster than me im 16 and lucky to not be born now imo.

SNIP

Correction - PARENTS THESE DAYS

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh this issue.... I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've said it before

Luckily I was born early enough not to be one of these kids. And if I ever have a kid, they sure as fuck won't get away with crap like this.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Correction - PARENTS THESE DAYS

^^^^ Correct.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

^^^^ Correct.

IKR

Parents who are too stupid, too ignornant and arrogant to actually take time and care to LOOK AFTER THEIR KIDS

- they cant be arsed cooking so feed them junk food

- cant be arsed keeping them entertained so buy them video games they shouldnt be playing

- etc

- etc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Wow. I thought I was bad. I just get bored as fuck without my phone or computer. I don't get pissy though.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

IKR

Parents who are too stupid, too ignornant and arrogant to actually take time and care to LOOK AFTER THEIR KIDS

- cant be arsed keeping them entertained so buy them video games they shouldnt be playing

- etc

- etc

Your preaching to the choir brother. 

Somehow much of society has decided that everyone needs to be coddled and babied for their whole lives, and it has somehow become acceptable for parents to simply plop their children in front of the TV while they go out to the bar.

This is not a problem with the children. This is a problem with adults acting like children. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah... I was a spoiled brat at that age as well. I got better. I hope he does.

I don't think I was as bad as he is though.

i was gaming since i was 7,but i think the reason i didnt get utterly addicted to it is that i didnt play online with other people and the fact that i didnt have many games.

i have 600+ hours in harvest moon DS all pokemon games from emerald - black AnimalcrossingDS and most of the mario games.

also maplestory,but i wasnt very good so i didnt play much

So my neighbour has a nephew that is utterly addicted to gta V .

He is like what 7 years old and he plays mafia II , GTA V and all the violent games.

So his grandmother went to the bar and left the kid here for a while , he kept buggering me to let him play GTA V and I explained him I didnt even had it on my HDD and I was busy.

So he keeps asking what games I can let him play and I keep telling him the games I have are no fun for him ( mostly old games like deus Ex I have installed ).

So his grandmother comes back from the bar and he throws a temper trantum because he didnt get to play any games and hides on the stairs and no one knew where the kid was .

Even when his parents let him play he throws temper tantrums whenever they tell him its time to get off the console.

He is competently addicted to video games at such a young age lol . Its pretty sad.

of course, if his parents continue to let him play whenever he wants to and they keep loosing controle. its never going to be fixed.

simple solution : remove the power cable ands say you don't know where it is.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

As soon as your teen (13/14+), than M rated games are discussable for you. NOT WHEN YOUR NOT EVEN OVER E 10+

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

When I was little, I was BANNED from playing games that were rated at an age above mine by my parents. I remember that there was a game which I saw a friend playing and I really wanted to do too, but it was rated PEGI 12. So, I did what everyone would do (or would they): I waited for nearly 2 years before being allowed to play it :D

Parents forgot about it, but I didn't.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

IKR

- etc

- etc

That's why our government is trying to "protect the children" for the parents now. Or at least using it as an excuse. 

Sounds like someone needs a dose of hand on ass.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Back in my day, getting grounded meant you couldn't go play outside. Fast forward to 2015, grounding means you have to go outside.... fucking sad.

Some parent these days want to be their child's friend instead of being a actual parent.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I've encountered this more than once.

I'm so gonna buy this

Or just teach your kids not to be spoiled brats when it comes to technology and actually have some parenting skills. I don't see why a parent needs to turn off electrical devices just to get the family together unless they've got poor parenting skills. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I didn't have video games as a kid, I had blocks. Wooden blocks and some lego. My first "console" was a GameBoy advance SP I got when I was 12, and even then all I played was Pokemon Red. I had a delayed start and had to slowly work my way up in the gaming world. Unless things change dramatically in the next decade, hopefully I'll be able to raise my own kids the same way. They can use their imaginations and share the family computer until they turn 10, then I'll get them their own computers and smartphones.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Or just teach your kids not to be spoiled brats when it comes to technology and actually have some parenting skills. I don't see why a parent needs to turn off electrical devices just to get the family together unless they've got poor parenting skills. 

Oh no, not for my kids one day. I'm gonna use it whenever I see some spoiled kids. Gonna move the electrical components to some smaller "case" and gonna carry it with me.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.