The Witcher 3 was downgraded from what was shown in 2013 - Now with PS4 Comparison video

No it hasn't.  I have benchmarked Tomb Raider just yesterday again, and it still performs worse than 2x7950s, significantly so although 1 GTX 970 is more powerful than 2x7950s.

1 970 more powerful than 2x7950s? I dunno about that man. 

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

No it hasn't.  I have benchmarked Tomb Raider just yesterday again, and it still performs worse than 2x7950s, significantly so although 1 GTX 970 is more powerful than 2x7950s.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/09/18/nvidia_maxwell_gpu_geforce_gtx_980_video_card_review/11#.VVbkuPlVh24

Yes it has.  Notice how all the cards get frame dips at the same spots.

2x 7950's is more powerful than a GTX 970.  7870CF is more comparable to a 970.

7950CF has  ~18000 GPU score in Firestrike

GTX 970 has ~14000

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014/09/18/nvidia_maxwell_gpu_geforce_gtx_980_video_card_review/11#.VVbkuPlVh24

Yes it has.  Notice how all the cards get frame dips at the same spots.

2x 7950's is more powerful than a GTX 970.  7870CF is more comparable to a 970.

7950CF has  ~18000 GPU score in Firestrike

GTX 970 has ~14000

No it doesn't.

GTX 970 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/4401356

2x 7950 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2479590

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

is that a legit comparison video? not sure but doesn't that a button look like I dunno a green xbox A button. Surely A would be used to move around yes?.. so is it a ps4/xbox comparison video?.. are we fuelling the fire?

is that a legit comparison video? not sure but doesn't that a button look like I dunno a green xbox A button. Surely A would be used to move around yes?.. so is it a ps4/xbox comparison video?.. are we fuelling the fire?

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36117-For-those-PC-gamers-who-are-craving-for-Min-vs-Max-comparison?p=1660944#post1660944

It was PC . CDPR took down video and made a statement.

I really would like to see some pirates crack this before release and post vids/screenshots.

ah k its definitely a pc version but as the devs said

"Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.

It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:
- draw distance
- framerate
- resolution
-exclusive features such as hairworks

We're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game."

So can't really compare the two.. I'm sure we will find out soon :)

"Marcin Momot CDPR Dev" 
Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like: - draw distance - framerate - resolution -exclusive features such as hairworksWe're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

ah k its definitely a pc version but as the devs said

"Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.

It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.

There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like:

- draw distance

- framerate

- resolution

-exclusive features such as hairworks

We're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game."

So can't really compare the two.. I'm sure we will find out soon :)

They could release lossless footage but they are so shady about this .Reviewers didn't get PC version , Nvidia didn't get final build . Either some marketing deal with Microsoft or they really are afraid of backlash. 

Yeah,really consumer friendly dev...

I just hope that public will be so vocal that they will make enhanced edition.

Going to wait for reviews and the port report.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

"Marcin Momot CDPR Dev" 

Regarding the comparion video, unfortunately we don’t know how this video was created and what PC settings have been used. It compared an early PC version with a PS4 debug build without the day 1 patch. So it's quite an uncommon basic setting. Something went wrong here and therefore we spoke to the editorial team behind it - we both agreed something is not quite right and while we're figuring out what mistake has been made, we have removed the video. We do admit it looked pretty wonky, hence its removal.It simply made the PC version look pretty bad and YT compression didn't help either. This was not the final build for PC on which we are working till the last moment.There will be visible differences between console and PC (we always said so), stuff like: - draw distance - framerate - resolution -exclusive features such as hairworksWe're sorry about the confusion. We are just 4 days away from the release and we can't wait when the PC players will get their hands-on the game.

But will anyone here believe them ?? I guess not, for me I still trust and I can't wait until it's released so I can shove it down OP throat.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

But will anyone here believe them ?? I guess not, for me I still trust and I can't wait until it's released so I can shove it down OP throat.

I 100% believe them- the pitcher 2 was amazing as they told the customers. This game was made for the PC in mind, not just as a second grade PC port. 

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I 100% believe them- the pitcher 2 was amazing as they told the customers. This game was made for the PC in mind, not just as a second grade PC port.

But wait console tender PC games and CDPROJKTRED is like Ubisoft.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

But wait console tender PC games and CDPROJKTRED is like Ubisoft.

I have no idea what you just said.

I have no idea what you just said.

It was a joke.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

That's just you.

7950CF http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3248826

GTX 970 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3941725

Your 7950 score is just bad.

270xCF http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3674527

The 970 3D mark your provided has both the GPU and CPU OCed so yeah it should be higher.

And I assume it's the same for the 7950.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

They flat out consolized the game compared to the original.... Kinda a shame because that first screenshot looked awesome. Not to take anything away fro mthe game, but still.

Basically PC users are being held back by the PS4 and Xbone.... Gotta love it. PC master race my arse.

They flat out consolized the game compared to the original.... Kinda a shame because that first screenshot looked awesome. Not to take anything away fro mthe game, but still.

Basically PC users are being held back by the PS4 and Xbone.... Gotta love it. PC master race my arse.

PC isn't being held back by consoles, PC is being held back by developers not utilizing our hardware appropriately.

PC isn't being held back by consoles, PC is being held back by developers not utilizing our hardware appropriately.

I agree, but remember this game isn't released yet so wait until you make a judgment.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I agree, but remember this game isn't released yet so wait until you make a judgment.

Only thing I mentioned in this thread about Witcher was if it's downgraded, this is a reason you don't pre-order even if it's from someone like CDPR.

That's just you.

7950CF http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3248826

GTX 970 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3941725

Your 7950 score is just bad.

270xCF http://www.3dmark.com/fs/3674527

You are comparing overclocked 7950's with a stock 970, grats.  Mine are both stock to see base difference between 2 sets of GPUs.  Obviously your scores are skewed towards the OC'd result. + you'd got a CPU clocked quite a bit much higher than mine, which gives the GPU more room to work with.

In the first few minutes of this review, he says multiple times that youtube 1080p is what it will be like on console. He kinda has a loss for words when trying to describe it in reality.

Looks like crap and not an improvement over witcher 2 .

The 2013 version looked miles better.

Its really criminal to make a game look like that and then remove a bunch of stuff just to bait some people into the hype machine.

Disgusting behavior , this is how they got their 1 million pre orders.

If you quote me saying " graphics dont matter hurr duur" you are missing the point  and honestly I suggest you to go play pacman if the gameplay is all that matters for you.

There will probably be an enhanced edition released in a few months after the console peasants forget about this game and move on. Too bad for the people that pre-ordered.

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

There will probably be an enhanced edition released in a few months after the console peasants forget about this game and move on. Too bad for the people that pre-ordered.

Who are these console peasants? Is this Reddit?