SeppuKuma, the bear that helps you with your suicide.

HeathCliff
Go to solution Solved by Sunako,

I can't believe this tread has gone on this long. The bear in question

is nothing more then a nursing aid and was brought up all the way

back in Jan. here. It does not help any one with suicide Seppukuma 

isn't even the things name its been photoshopped in. The bear is 

called ROBEAR and just ment to be an aid for patients that need help 

getting up and around their home without having a full time nurse.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/science/suicidebear.asp

Couple things. It's Asimov, no D. Secondly, those are ideas, not actual laws. They would have to be implemented and in this case, they obviously are not. A death robot is a pretty neat idea. A lot of people want to die and their care takers usually don't want to help kill them (wouldn't be very good care takers if they tried to kill their patients). Suicide robots do the dirty work for you leaving everyone happy.

But there are much more humane ways... Like lethal injection...

- snip-

But there are much more humane ways... Like lethal injection...

The only supplier of the drug sodium thiopental says there is a shortage of the raw materials needed to make the drug. There are other ways to kill people. Lethal injection doesn't always go well and can be inhumane. Personally I think we should just build a really sharp guillotine with a heated edge. That way, all nerves are severed from the body and the hot blade would cauterize the cut as soon as it's made, leaving no mess (aside from that pesky head that fell to the floor). There is no way to screw that up, unlike lethal injection. 

wtf so this is made to help people suicide how is this legal

Suicide is a choice and in other countries they actually have facilities where you can go and "commit" suicide (they give you a lethal drink to consume). In places like Japan or China I can understand it as it's just another means of population control. If you don't like life then you should have the right to end it (it's yours no one elses) regardless to how screwed up it may seem. This type of device I would imagine would be built specifically for ongoing religious people etc who can't commit suicide due to their beliefs and what not. Instead you just go and let a robotic bear pinch your head off and problem solved.

In that photo, is it trying to fold that lady in half?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

In that photo, is it trying to fold that lady in half?

That's the robear designed to cater to needs, completely opposite of what the article is about.

That's the robear designed to cater to needs, completely opposite of what the article is about.

it was also a joke :) as clearly in the photo it is carrying the lady on a stretcher between its arms

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The bear can crush you or strangle you to death if you want.

Please, it sounds better than being at work

The only supplier of the drug sodium thiopental says there is a shortage of the raw materials needed to make the drug. There are other ways to kill people. Lethal injection doesn't always go well and can be inhumane. Personally I think we should just build a really sharp guillotine with a heated edge. That way, all nerves are severed from the body and the hot blade would cauterize the cut as soon as it's made, leaving no mess (aside from that pesky head that fell to the floor). There is no way to screw that up, unlike lethal injection.

Yeah... But they literally built a killing machine that flinched and nearly brutally murdered serial people, causing lots of pain. As a general rule of thumb, you do not build a killing robot machine! Imagine if say... Ten got hacked and went on a killing spree in Tokyo... Not good. Anything that is designed to kill must Not be a computer, and inherently giving it all the flaws of being a computer, glitches, hacking, etc. Killing robots should NOT EXIST. If someone wants to commit suicide find a sager way, not only for the suicider but also everyone else.

- snip-

Anything that is designed to kill must Not be a computer, and inherently giving it all the flaws of being a computer, glitches, hacking, etc.

this is very true

why dont you just buy those painless lethal injection needles 

Because people are afraid of needles ... And they can't drink the poison it self because they are afraid of going through anaphylactic shock ... ( I spelled that horribly wrong )

Maybe it helps them feel unregretful ... So they can go with a notion that a machine killed me ... not myself ... People are weird ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Please, it sounds better than being at work

Or smothering you with a pillow in your sleep ... A sweet death ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

Or smothering you with a pillow in your sleep ... A sweet death ... 

Anything, being punched in the dick to death is better than work :P

What if they use something else instead ? I'm sure there is a vast selection of lethal chemical available if you want to hit the dirt soon ... Like Ricin + Sleeping pills ...

Anything, being punched in the dick to death is better than work :P

What will that accomplish ? Your sexual desires ? 

Fifty Shades Of Seppuku ...

What will that accomplish

I will be dead and therefore not at work :D haha

I will be dead and therefore not at work :D haha

Or you know ... Fake your own death and frame your boss for it like Amazing Amy did to her husband in Gone Girl ... 

I think this is wrong.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Or you know ... Fake your own death and frame your boss for it like Amazing Amy did to her husband in Gone Girl ... 

Good idea, I dont have to fuck a wine bottle do I

I think this is wrong.

On mutiple levels ... 

How are they able to do this with a straight face and happy smiles ?

Good idea, I dont have to fuck a wine bottle do I

Suck it up buttercup ... 

Or you can just jack-off and pretend you got raped like Mayella Ewell and Bob Ewell did in To Kill A Mockingbird because nobody want to inspect your butt hole if you rape your self with a wine bottle ... 

Suck it up buttercup ... 

Or you can just jack-off and pretend you got raped like Mayella Ewell and Bob Ewell did in To Kill A Mockingbird because nobody want to inspect your butt hole if you rape your self with a wine bottle ... 

Everyone wants to inspect my butt hole

wait.....

Everyone wants to inspect my butt hole

wait.....

Ain't nobody got time for that ... 

On mutiple levels ... 

How are they able to do this with a straight face and happy smiles ?

Cause helping people kill themselves is something to be happy about and it's a great way to make some money.

kappa

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

What if they use something else instead ? I'm sure there is a vast selection of lethal chemical available if you want to hit the dirt soon ... Like Ricin + Sleeping pills ...

Yea, Ricin is totally more humane than a robot ending your life.  :rolleyes: