gaming bus

waggythegeek

I have lots of weird ideas that I like to run by you guys. Here's the next:

Gut a bus(vw, school, metro) and fill it with LAN' ed gaming rigs, and a server for Lan tourneys. However, it would also need an internet connection for playing other games. Obviously only use internet when standing still. Any issues with accomplishing this?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Running costs and demand. Ideally, your admittedly amazing idea would be done through travelling to a certain location on request for parties and shit. Mobile LAN parties, essentially.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Get a much bigger alternator to supply all the 12V power and you're good. I don't see any major issues.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

get some high speed satellite plan and have network connection on the go :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

For a lot of high end machines, you'd need a fairly hefty generator that can kick out the wattage it'd need, which needs space and it's own fuel source ideally so it would have to be a bigger chassis.

Apart from that, if you could get the ventilation right then it could work in something like a bus. Not sure what could work for internet, though satelite would be perfect if you're strictly gaming over LAN and not on any online servers, and just need something for browsing the web

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

You wouldent need internet, just LAN, so a LAN bus.

and a big generator

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Running costs and demand. Ideally, your admittedly amazing idea would be done through travelling to a certain location on request for parties and shit. Mobile LAN parties, essentially.

Also good for when friends want to go on road trip.

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

1.You can easily get a power storage/generator to power the systems within the bus for hours on end.

2.You can establish a wifi network through satelite connection (which you'll have to purchase through a mobile network carrier)

3. All systems can be connected tot eh network over the air

get some high speed satellite plan and have network connection on the go :)

Could high speed satellite handle gaming over internet?

Also, do long Ethernet cable ever become an issue? I know that sometimes long cables can cause a loss of signal...

How could you make sure everything is secure?  Not stolen? 

Also, do long Ethernet cable ever become an issue? I know that sometimes long cables can cause a loss of signal...

Don't worry about cable length.  If I can run it through my house, you can run it through a bus.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Could high speed satellite handle gaming over internet?

depends on how many people and what the speed is

but with 50mbps you should be good for a bus full of people

yeah it depends on the cable but usually the max length is between 100-300ft with some cat6 doing over 1000 if i remember correctly

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

razer beat you to it

BsU5LYMIYAA4B-b.jpg

c33b62206a0322b3b3f3da1c9d93870a.jpg

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

razer beat you to it

BsU5LYMIYAA4B-b.jpg

c33b62206a0322b3b3f3da1c9d93870a.jpg

As much as I love my razer gear, if they can do it, someone else can probably do it better.

Just be driving hit a pothole nooooo I missed my ult *dies*

1.21 gigswuts bruh.

As much as I love my razer gear, if they can do it, someone else can probably do it better.

I wanna see Logitech or Corsair do this ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...