R9 390X Achieves 8GB HBM with Dual Link Interposer not HBM2

BiG StroOnZ

Didnt u just mention the "Rumored 980ti"

Stay with the facts

yeah i said it was a rumour, not that it actually exists yet, just like the 390x

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Its leaked.

Just like the 980ti.

How do you know it is fake

how do you know its real is the right question to be asking yourself

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

how do you know its real is the right question to be asking yourself

yeah i said it was a rumour, not that it actually exists yet, just like the 390x

Well than we are both wrong.

How do we know the 980ti is even going to be launched, if you say that the leaks are valid, my benhcmark is valid to

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Its leaked.

Just like the 980ti.

How do you know it is fake

Are you seriously posting unconfirmed, largely fake benchmarks for a product that isn't in independent tester hands? Seriously? Thats the extent to which fanboys need to stoop to show up each other in the great GPU penis extender wars? 

what do you think the titan X is...

12GB is prety "leading edge" imo, something AMD isnt doing is making the most powerful graphic cards in the world

Except the 295x2, which is the most powerful graphics card in the world? And that uses a 1½ year old GPU. Let's see what Fiji can do.

Also it's 12 GB of old school GDDR5 vram, not super fast HBM vram. 390x will be a beast of a compute card.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Well than we are both wrong.

How do we know the 980ti is even going to be launched, if you say that the leaks are valid, my benhcmark is valid to

not saying it is, but thats why you shouldnt compare the 390x (which isnt launched yet either) to the 980 because thats not its competition

Spoiler

I don't understand why people are focusing so much on the memory. Memory bandwidth isn't a bottleneck... the core is.

Because marketing has been working very, very hard to make people think that VRAM needs to get bigger and that if they don't have enough they need to buy a bigger GPU.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Are you seriously posting unconfirmed, largely fake benchmarks for a product that isn't in independent tester hands? Seriously? Thats the extent to which fanboys need to stoop to show up each other in the great GPU penis extender wars? 

No no no no...

The benchmark I posted was from WCCFtech, which I think most of us know is already a joke.

I know that the benchmark is bullshit, BUT I thought the response is appropriate to someone saying a 980ti will beat the 390x.

not saying it is, but thats why you shouldnt compare the 390x (which isnt launched yet either) to the 980 because thats not its competition

When did I?

Except the 295x2, which is the most powerful graphics card in the world? And that uses a 1½ year old GPU. Let's see what Fiji can do.

Also it's 12 GB of old school GDDR5 vram, not super fast HBM vram. 390x will be a beast of a compute card.

i said the titan x is the most powerful GPU, not graphics card

the 295x2 has two GPUs in it

the titan x only has one and almost performs just as good as the highest end dual GPU card in the world

Spoiler

yeah this is why you dont base your facts off of leaks and rumors

also if a single 4K screen uses over 3GB of vram, three of them are going to be using over 8GB for sure

and no one titan x is definitely not enough but when you put three or four of them then you can definitely get 60fps on high accross three 4k screens

since vram does not stack, even if you put three or four 390xs you would still have the 8GB bottleneck

4-Way scaling is actually worse than 3-Way scaling in the majority of the titles:

This guy complains about scaling and how disappointed he is with scaling throughout the whole video.

4 cards will do you no good for 4K Surround. Like I stated before, whether you have Titan X's with 12GB or R9 390X with 8GB you will have to lower settings to achieve 60 fps in most games.

When did I?

AMD usually prices new series around $700, less than the titan x...

Also if you were a newbie and you looked at a 4gb 980 and a liquid cooled 390x with double vram, which one you buy?

Spoiler

4-Way scaling is actually worse than 3-Way scaling in the majority of the titles:

This guy complains about scaling and how disappointed he is with scaling throughout the whole video.

4-cards will do you no good for 4K Surround. Like I stated before, whether you have Titan X's with 12GB or R9 390X with 8GB you will have to lower settings to achieve 60 fps in most games.

Spoiler

Oh ok, sorry man, my bad...

we should just wait until all cards from both sides are released before arguing :)

Spoiler

AMD usually prices new series around $700, less than the titan x...

Also if you were a newbie and you looked at a 4gb 980 and a liquid cooled 390x with double vram, which one you buy?

last gen the 290x launched at $500 but did not beat a 780ti

cant say usually if it was just one time.

and right now, everything is rumours 

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

last gen the 290x launched at $500 but did not beat a 780ti

cant say usually if it was just one time.

and right now, everything is rumours 

Really? Wasent there some BTC shit going on that got it up to $600?

Anyways you are right, we cant compare anythin cause its all rumors

And that directly contradicts the actual users' experience in the video I posted with 4-way Titan X's as opposed to a company that makes money on selling more graphics cards with the computers they sell.

the video you posted does not even compare different numbers of graphics cards

it also doesnt show a variety of games

every game will perform differently

some wont scale with a 4th card, others will

Spoiler

Really? Wasent there some BTC shit going on that got it up to $600?

Anyways you are right, we cant compare anythin cause its all rumors

there was but that was not at launch

I got my 280x after the bit coin crash but i still only got mine for $300

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

the video you posted does not even compare different numbers of graphics cards

it also doesnt show a variety of games

every game will perform differently

some wont scale with a 4th card, others will

The video you posted only shows 3 games that are known to scale well with multiple cards. So I don't see your point. The video I posted he tests 5 different games. All five games he complains about scaling issues with 4 cards. 

Most games don't scale well with a 4th card, 3 is usually the maximum you want to go.

there was but that was not at launch

I got my 280x after the bit coin crash but i still only got mine for $300

Ouch, I got my Lightning for about that amount...

are you seriously talking about a 2GB difference between 6GB and 8GB of vram as "leading edge" to "take back the market" ???

LOLOLOL

you've got to be kidding me

6GB is already enough for 6k at ultra

plus the titan X has 12GB for those who want to do triple 4k (which 8GB is not enough for)

also its was already known the 390x was a single GPU card

did you think the 290x was dual GPU or what

4GB of vram is only 2GB more than 2GB of vram and 2GB of vram is only 2GB more than 0GB of vram

i said the titan x is the most powerful GPU, not graphics card

12GB is prety "leading edge" imo, something AMD isnt doing is making the most powerful graphic cards in the world

Do you even know what you are saying yourself? AMD IS making the most powerful graphics card in the world. No one mentioned GPU. Not in your post that I replied to. Bolded your statement, so there is no confusion.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro