Experiences with non-techies

I remember a conversation where this guy told me he doesn't use quad core CPUs because it is unstable compared to dual core. This was the first I have ever heard of this and I told him he's crazy not to get a dual core when more games are adapting quad cores and tons of people use it. He had a cocky attitude and was an asshole anyway and thought his laptop was the shit with a i5 and 940m. He mod his windows to make it look different but it's not even practical because half the time it doesn't work and shut down stuff like PowerPoint while we were doing a presentation. Needless to say, he was an annoying lab partner for a semester.

Main Gaming and Streaming PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Vinsinity/saved/TjwVnQ

Ultrabook and College Laptop:

Spoiler

XPS 13 9350:

i5-6200U

8GB RAM

Samsung PM951 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive

Workstation Laptop:

Spoiler

Sager NP8672 (P670SG):

i7-4720HQ

32GB (4 x 8GB) CORSAIR Vengeance Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Boot Drive)

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 Solid State Drive (Video Drive)

Crucial MX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (Secondary SDD Storage)

Western Digital (Blue or Black) 1TB 2.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (Storage Drive)

GeForce GTX 980M 4G

It's just uninformed foreigners. Can't blame them, English is retarded.

But english can be understanded through tough thorough thought though....

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

3ec8721f5fea5e701c68a4e566033009.jpg

English is my first language buy it can agree with you that it is dumb

Enjoy this pic

There's always German, I've been trying to learn that language for 2 years, but that shit makes no sense at all.

I just decided to give up, not worth the time.

But english can be understanded through tough thorough thought though....

Understanded not understood ?  Surely deliberate.

Also Bow, bough : bow, beau : stuff, rough etc

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

The phone. He's on prepaid, or pays like 5 bucks a month to get some data for the bit of data stuff he uses.

Still a better phone than most smartphones. :D

Understanded not understood ?  Surely deliberate.

Also Bow, bough : bow, beau : stuff, rough etc

Oh whatever! I was too busy remembering how to spell "thorough", I shit you not, this actually happened

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

I remember a conversation where this guy told me he doesn't use quad core CPUs because it is unstable compared to dual core. This was the first I have ever heard of this and I told him he's crazy not to get a dual core when more games are adapting quad cores and tons of people use it. He had a cocky attitude and was an asshole anyway and thought his laptop was the shit with a i5 and 940m. He mod his windows to make it look different but it's not even practical because half the time it doesn't work and shut down stuff like PowerPoint while we were doing a presentation. Needless to say, he was an annoying lab partner for a semester.

CpuPBe7.gif

*sings*

And I will walk 500 miles and I will walk 500 more

just to be the man who walked a thousand miles to plug things in once more!

Oh my goodness.

You just made my day. :)

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh whatever! I was too busy remembering how to spell "thorough", I shit you not, this actually happened

I think that English is logical and easy. Only some irregular verbs are difficult but that's it.

My native language is Dutch and that's a disaster. If you want to write correctly you have to remember a shitload of spelling rules it's really annoying.

But you still have French I hate that language you can't say one sentence without some grammatical exception...

I think that English is logical and easy. Only some irregular verbs are difficult but that's it.

My native language is Dutch and that's a disaster. If you want to write correctly you have to remember a shitload of spelling rules it's really annoying.

But you still have French I hate that language you can't say one sentence without some grammatical exception...

What about Chinese?

Just had this happen:

Mother started to ask me where is the other digital TV receiver, saying the current one broke, just like that. I found the other one, didn't find a power cable, and wondered if the older receiver's power cable would fit. I reach to the back to check, the power cable was unplugged, most likely by one of our cats... Plugged it back, everything went back to normal.

And yes, my family still watches TV, instead of using said services via internet...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

And there's me: what is so good about netflix? I have bananas(torrents) here and TV. Why would I need Netflix?

for the most part i agree, netflix doesnt really have anything that interests me(except my fiance got me hooked on heart of dixie, which turned out to be hillarious dont judge me

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

What about Chinese?

THERE'S NO FUCKING ALPHABET! Putting parts of words together to make new words should work, but fuck, I failed Chinese classes as a kid. Didn't get any translations into English... Also the school sucked ass

THERE'S NO FUCKING ALPHABET! Putting parts of words together to make new words should work, but fuck, I failed Chinese classes as a kid. Didn't get any translations into English... Also the school sucked ass

Dude...I tried Korean once. They have a whole separate alphabet for vowels (of which there's about 10ish I think). I found a literal graph with horizontal consonants and vertical vowels coming together to make whole new sounds which are LETTERS! WHAI U DO DIS TO ME HART KOREANZ?!

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Just had this happen:

Mother started to ask me where is the other digital TV receiver, saying the current one broke, just like that. I found the other one, didn't find a power cable, and wondered if the older receiver's power cable would fit. I reach to the back to check, the power cable was unplugged, most likely by one of our cats... Plugged it back, everything went back to normal.

And yes, my family still watches TV, instead of using said services via internet...

Some people do. I don't have hulu so south park w/out adds is ruled out. Can't use popcorn time because my internet sucks ass and torrenting takes forever on my internet connection. And netflix is pretty limited. So guess I have to stick with good ol' DirecTV

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

It doesn't work that way. The PSU won't get to 400W (assuming that's its rating) and say "that's it, you're not having anymore power", it keeps going up. The PC components require whatever power they require, if they try and draw more than the PSU is rated to deliver the components in the PSU are not rated to handle it and so are likely to fail... possibly overheating and exploding.

However, I should think that PSUs have safety measures that shut power off if it gets too high. This is not the same as a bottleneck, though... your PC will stop working entirely.

Actually, almost every atx psu will have over current protection. For example: the 12v rail is rated at 50 amps, and you draw 55 amps, the psu will then shut down.

`

tumblr_o0dm73zar31sgbu3ro1_1280.png

Linux....

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

-snip-

Read as "open"...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

Some people do. I don't have hulu so south park w/out adds is ruled out. Can't use popcorn time because my internet sucks ass and torrenting takes forever on my internet connection. And netflix is pretty limited. So guess I have to stick with good ol' DirecTV

Good luck streaming TV without making the internet take a dump on you with our 16Mbit downstream (actually more like 10) :/

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Good luck streaming TV without making the internet take a dump on you with our 16Mbit downstream (actually more like 10) :/

I get 13.14 up and .96 down ;'( So I have it worse than you!!!! Wait.. That's a bad thing... Crap!

Anways, for my story. My mom wants me to upgrade her pc. Fair enough.

So Dad gives approval, and what weird she made me first clean out her pc (with malawarebytes)

So I did.

Then, I show her the list, (which was kind of expensive). She of course said that was was too expensive (which I wouldn't blame her to say that)

So then I come up with a 120 dollar list which has: A pentium G3258, mobo, and 2gb of extra ram (she has 2gb of ddr3) and a ssd.

Then I tried explaining how it was a good upgrade, as it's upgrading the internals from a sandy bridge i3 (Which is really slow) and she said that is too expensive. (120 bucks)

Now she keeps complaining how her pc is slow as fuck and it's my fault for installing viruses on it when i was young which I cleaned off when I was a techie.

I thought I had some money... Oh wait... I spent it all ;(

It actually fits... Try it, I did that by accident once! lol

also did that by accident.

Laptop's hdmi port is right next to usb port and i wasn't looking.

Laptop shut down instantly.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case