Experiences with non-techies

Actually stories with my sisters, good stories:

I have 2 sisters, one 12, one 17.

We got a Nexus 5 for my 17 year old sister, and she likes it! (Why wouldn't she actually, blazing fast) and I found out she knows what launchers are and she puts them on herself.

I educated my 12 year old sister a lot about pc's, not much stuck but she knows that Apple is not necessarily better at all, not hating it, but knowing that Android is very good also, she has a Moto G and likes it a lot. Also has a launcher. Knows how to use a laptop and wifi/ethernet.

My head hurts from the facedesk.

I urge you to make your sister read my comment .

To your sister: LISTEN TO YOUR BROTHER YOU IGNORANT GIRL!

That is an amusing story but n honestly (growing up in a geek family) only my parents and the youngest of my siblings ask be for help with computers. We are a born and raised XP family and I (and even my youngest sister) knows the ins and outs of a computer. My sisters and I are gods amongst men when it comes to our parrents though. My oldest sister though.... Is a wizard... Even i think that to this date.

but unfortunately I have no stupid stories since our family is tier 1 or 2 when it comes to computers.

That is an amusing story but n honestly (growing up in a geek family) only my parents and the youngest of my siblings ask be for help with computers. We are a born and raised XP family and I (and even my youngest sister) knows the ins and outs of a computer. My sisters and I are gods amongst men when it comes to our parrents though. My oldest sister though.... Is a wizard... Even i think that to this date.

but unfortunately I have no stupid stories since our family is tier 1 or 2 when it comes to computers.

My dad actually used to know a bit about tech at one point even though he is a service manager at a car shop. One place he used to work he was the one who always ran the server, and always wanted to build a computer but never had the money.... Sadly he got health issues in 2009 and was in the hospital for a little over a year. Now he lives with part of his memory completely gone including everything about tech. :( So all my parents in my house are against me upgrading my computer myself..

Also, welcome to the forum! :)

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

A couple of months ago, when school was in session I had a project for another class in our Mac lab (consisting of $60-70 000 in hardware with a mere 30 computers and a large server array with incredible cable management that our computer teacher did). Anyways, I was just sitting there waiting for some packets that were being passed out and the teacher for the class I was in demanded to know why I was playing a game in class. The so-called game was a wallpaper of Civ Beyond Earth screenshot, which wasn't released and would definitely not run run on the 2010 iMac. A major face-membrane keyboard happened after that.

Look at my shiny. The logo lights up

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I literally facepalmed in real life after reading this.

Yeah, nothing like my brother. He broke my i7-4770K, then I bought another one, then he ATE it. Then he was sleeping near a window. I tripped him, and sent my 900D from the second story and into the ground.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yeah, nothing like my brother. He broke my i7-4770K, then I bought another one, then he ATE it. Then he was sleeping near a window. I tripped him, and sent my 900D from the second story and into the ground.

I actually find this hard to believe.... He Ate a CPU? Wouldn't that be deadly or would that even be possible?

And a case like a 900D from a second story?

What the..

I actually find this hard to believe.... He Ate a CPU? Wouldn't that be deadly or would that even be possible?

And a case like a 900D from a second story?

What the..

He started chomping it but spat it out after it tasted disgusting.

I was carrying my computer back into my room upstairs, but then didn't realize my brother was sleeping near the window because the computer was so big, and then trip, it flew out the window. When it hit the ground, the impact sounded like a car crash at 90 MPH.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I was carrying my computer back into my room upstairs, but then didn't realize my brother was sleeping near the window because the computer was so big, and then trip, it flew out the window. When it hit the ground, the impact sound

ed like a car crash at 90 MPH.

I don't... Why would anybody chomp on a CPU in the name of all that is Gaben I still don't understand! Is he a toddler perhaps? That he Chomps on random items?

I was carrying my computer back into my room upstairs, but then didn't realize my brother was sleeping near the window because the computer was so big, and then trip, it flew out the window. When it hit the ground, the impact sounded like a car crash at 90 MPH.

Honestly I find it hard to believe you had a 900D to drop.

I don't... Why would anybody chomp on a CPU in the name of all that is Gaben I still don't understand! Is he a toddler perhaps? That he Chomps on random items?

He's 5.

Honestly I find it hard to believe you had a 900D to drop.

It really happened. I told you the story already.

He's 5.

Not the one about the 900D.

People who buy the cheapest ($300-$400) "PC" for themselves or their kids....  then buys a $1000+ mac a few years later, saying they are better and faster.

edit:  Same with phones 

My Rigs (past and present)

He's 5.

Ooooh 5... That actually makes sense then, it does, no sarcasm.

I was thinking of somebody along the lines of 13, that would be weird..

Not the one about the 900D.

Well, I posted it somewhere here. @tmcclelland455 read it, and said he cringed.

Ooooh 5... That actually makes sense then, it does, no sarcasm.

I was thinking of somebody along the lines of 13, that would be weird..

Yeah, he eats everything. Bugs, raw eggs, crayons, even baby powder. This kid is strange.

Well, I posted it somewhere here. @tmcclelland455 read it, and said he cringed.

How old are you Terry? Because that dreambuild must have cost tons.

Yeah, he eats everything. Bugs, raw eggs, crayons, even baby powder. This kid is strange.

Nah, just being a kid. Lol.

How old are you Terry? Because that dreambuild must have cost tons.

Where did you get that kind of money!?

Where did you get that kind of money!?

I have a rich, and I mean super rich, uncle who gives me a stipend of 20 grand a month.

I have a rich, and I mean super rich, uncle who gives me a stipend of 20 grand a month.

Oh my god.......

I mean OH My GOD.

Can I have your uncle? :P

Oh my god.......

I mean OH My GOD.

Can I have your uncle? :P

Nope, he's mine. :P

But ironically, I get all this money, but I can't get a phone. #ParentProblem

Nope, he's mine. :P

But ironically, I get all this money, but I can't get a phone. #ParentProblem

And I need a new one. -_-

Why can't you get a phone?

You have some stuff you need to clear up:

This was taken from terryteks About Me page:

I am a 14 year old Asian guy who is currently a freshman at my local high school.

You have some stuff you need to clear up:

Dude, I forgot to edit that.

And I need a new one. -_-

Why can't you get a phone?

Parents think it's a distraction from school. Not even a basic phone.