Experiences with non-techies

Dude, I forgot to edit that.

Parents think it's a distraction from school. Not even a basic phone.

I can secretly send you mine if you pay for a OnePlus One for me. :P I have an M7.

I can secretly send you mine if you pay for a OnePlus One for me. :P I have an M7.

My parents don't trust me at all on this forum. They put a ban on me. If they don't trust me at all, they certainly won't trust me handing money to strangers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My parents don't trust me at all on this forum. They put a ban on me. If they don't trust me at all, they certainly won't trust me han

ding money to strangers.

Well something has to slow you down, your uncle gives you all this power to buy extremely expensive stuff.

But your parents limit you, you need limits, but only until you're 18 imo.

Well something has to slow you down, your uncle gives you all this power to buy extremely expensive stuff.

But your parents limit you, you need limits, but only until you're 18 imo.

Yeah, parents are the whole slowdown. That's why I can't spend the stipend on a phone. I need to get a job to get one. The plan is also to upgrade my parents' phones and get them both and myself an iPhone 6 and get my 10 year old mature brother an iPhone 5S.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So this happend to me yesterday

Since i don't have a decent monitor yet(17inch 1280x1024) I decided to hook my newly build PC to the TV in the living room.

I installed windows + drivers and did some testing.

Decided to load up battlefield 4 campaign to check if it was performing well (never had played BF4).

Then my mom entered the room and she was freaked out i connected my PC to the TV, she started shouting: "you will break our TV !" Playing that stupid game on my expensive TV ! That thing is not made for that !

Try to reason with her what didn't work out at all my ignorant brother said:"t the PC will blow up the TV"

So i gave up, just to avoid my mom damaging my PC ... (from her rage)

She didn't even know u could connect a PC to a TV at all.

Its sad that my parents don't support my computer hobby ... hope I'm sure that I'm not the only one out there

Tell your brother from me that he is an idiot.

Then later calmly explain to your mom about tv's and pc's.

Yeah, parents are the whole slowdown. That's why I can't spend the stipend on a phone. I need to get a job to get one. The plan is also to upgrade my parents' phones and get them both and myself an iPhone 6 and get my 10 year old mature brother an iPhone 5S.

Nonononononononono. OnePlus One. NO IPHONES.

BAD TERRY, BAD

Nonononononononono. OnePlus One. NO IPHONES.

BAD TERRY, BAD

Hey, I've never tried one. I plan to review one when I get the iPhone 6.

Dude, I forgot to edit that.

Parents think it's a distraction from school. Not even a basic phone.

You haven't been on this forum for 2 years and you just recently finished that a little while ago.

This was pulled from terryteks profile page:

My mom thinks that OpenBVE is a scam designed to trick kids into playing it and installing malware on the system. I'm certainly confident that such a game would have a huge fan base, be featured at a TRANSIT MUSEUM, have a forum (bvestation.com/forums) and have a Wikipedia page.

To be fair, the Social Security system is just like that.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

You haven't been on this forum for 2 years and you just recently finished that a little while ago.

What about if he was just about to turn 15 (let's say in June), that would mean he would be 16 now.

Also, @terrytek when you say 20K, what currency are we talking? I mean, that's CRAAAZZZYYYYYYYYY money if it's $ or £ or even €. I'd be happy to have an extra £20K/year let alone a month :P

What about if he was just about to turn 15 (let's say in June), that would mean he would be 16 now.

Also, @terrytek when you say 20K, what currency are we talking? I mean, that's CRAAAZZZYYYYYYYYY money if it's $ or £ or even €. I'd be happy to have an extra £20K/year let alone a month :P

Isn't 20K an insane amount of money for a young individual in any currency (well... Maybe exception being something like Yen (¥))? I'd be happy for even 5€ a month...

Kinda weird to see people who have rich families who limit their youth's money usage awkwardly. Good that I don't have limits where to spend money on, but relatives tell me to buy more clothes in every season (be it winter, spring, summer... whatever). Funny how do they think I could afford the tech I have now by spending the tiny amount of money I manage to get into mere clothes?

M7 is old/not so good anymore? Please. @tmcclelland455 is still using a flip phone...

I'd do nearly anything to get an M7 (even though my S2 is enough for me ATM)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

USD I presume, he lives in California.

I was typing something in MS Word once for homework, my mom walked in thinking that I was browsing the Internet and the following conversation unfolded to my disbelief:

Me: *typing in MS Word*

Mom: *walks in*

Mom: What are you doing?

Me: Typing in Word. *turns back to computer*

Mom: Were you browsing the Internet? GO BACK TO THE LAST WEBPAGE! (she thinks word is a browser, lol)

Me: News flash mom, not everything on a computer is the internet, have you heard of MS WORD?

Mom: *leaves in anger*

USD I presume, he lives in California.

I was typing something in MS Word once for homework, my mom walked in thinking that I was browsing the Internet and the following conversation unfolded to my disbelief:

Me: *typing in MS Word*

Mom: *walks in*

Mom: What are you doing?

Me: Typing in Word. *turns back to computer*

Mom: Were you browsing the Internet? GO BACK TO THE LAST WEBPAGE! (she thinks word is a browser, lol)

Me: News flash mom, not everything on a computer is the internet, have you heard of MS WORD?

Mom: *leaves in anger*

Seeing about your experiences with your family, relatives and neighbors... If you got a chance to move wherever that isn't your home or stay in your home, would you move out?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Seeing about your experiences with your family, relatives and neighbors... If you got a chance to move wherever that isn't your home or stay in your home, would you move out?

I'm considering taking my college studies out-of-state.

In state is WAY cheaper if you choose to go to a public school. Depending on what state, you could still get far away if that's your goal. Please don't choose a school based on that though!

Please. Or even out of country. America is messed up with tech.

Please. Or even out of country. America is messed up with tech.

We have some tech schools like MIT, GMU, and there is one other one that I know of but i'm sure there are mroe.

We have some tech schools like MIT, GMU, and there is one other one that I know of but i'm sure there are mroe.

I meant tech in the general household.

There is also Stanford University.

What the fuck? I never knew. But that's impossible for me to get into.

When my friend says 'The razer blade is so fast that it literally runs Minecraft at 2000-3000 fps!'

I don't think that is possible, even on the worlds best hardware. Has anyone succeed in doing that, i'd quite like to know?

When my friend says 'The razer blade is so fast that it literally runs Minecraft at 2000-3000 fps!'

People need to be fined for using literally like this. I see people do this literally all the time.

My Sister asked me a couple of days ago "How do I turn on the Computer?" And I said "Press the power button..." -__-

Life.exe is missing

Idiot came to me today because he said his graphics card wasnt working since he brought a new cooler.

He got the prolimatech cooler, its pretty sexy  if you ask me. SO anyways im trying to get this thing off and seems like its stuck on, after a while with a stanley knife i got the cooler off the gpu, the idiot used super glue as a thermal paste, what a waste, i think the gpu was a 770, rip gpu it burned big time.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1