4DX cinemas add rain, snow and warm air for realism

ahhming

movie-theater.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1

4DX cinemas aim to offer the most immersive movie experience by the addition of rain, snow and warm air.

The 4DX cinemas already offer a dazzling sensory experience with smells pumped into the room along with moving,vibrating and even prodding and tickling chairs. Now the weather should be even more real with these new additions.

Currently 4DX offers motions, water, fog, wind, air, lightning, bubbles, ticklers scents and vibrations.

The new effects should help to add realism to on-screen floods, explosions, earthquakes, tornados and fires. These effects will be used in summer movies like Mad Max: Fury Road, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7 and San Andreas.

How the rain and snow will affect the person in the cinema is unclear .

While this announcement was made at CinemaCon the individual cinemas which will get this have not been specified, yet.

4DX was recently launched in the UK at the Milton Keynes Cineworld with plans to roll it out nationwide in place for this year.

Source:

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/4dx-movie-effects-rain-snow-warm-weather-1201469264/

I am yet to try one of these types of cinemas that offer more stimulus then just the film itself. Have any of you guys? 

Seem cool though! I do wonder how they're gonna make the snow and all of that work:P 

Thanks for sharing! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Smell has already been implemented in cinema's? I can't imagine that being comfortable whilst watching a movie.

How long until VR cinema's? :P 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7 hmm

Can i add Lord of the Ring and The Hobbit?

imagine you can smell stinky Orcs and monsters  :rolleyes: 

on second though 

i think i will skip the popcorn and drink  :wacko: 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I am yet to try one of these types of cinemas that offer more stimulus then just the film itself. Have any of you guys? 

Seem cool though! I do wonder how they're gonna make the snow and all of that work:P 

Thanks for sharing!

hmm

getting poured with ice water sounds cool  B)

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Avengers: Age of Ultron, Furious 7 hmm

Can i add Lord of the Ring and The Hobbit?

imagine you can smell stinky Orcs and monsters  :rolleyes: 

on second though 

i think i will skip the popcorn and drink  :wacko: 

There won't be anymore popcorn and drink when you're seated in vibrating and violently moving chairs ;)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

There won't be anymore popcorn and drink when you're seated in vibrating and violently moving chairs ;)

$T2eC16V,!ysE9sy0iOZ8BRzZWf0CCw~~60_35.J

you forget these  ;)

i was in a 4DX theater and saw taken 3

one of the worst experiences i have ever been in

i dont even remember what happened in the movie

its a distraction

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

'honey did you bring your raincoat? No. Why? Its jurassic park there is going to be rain...' I just imagine people changing during the movie to adjust to different seasons of a movie.

throwing all ways of distracting me from watching a movie? no thanks. this sounds something kids might enjoy coz anyone under 17 nowadays has the attention span of a worm anyways. i go to watch. not be immersed with weather i dont like.

I don't mind about the seats, but with rain, snow and smells the experience might become uncomfortable... I can't speak from experience though, so take this with a grain of salt

- snip-

the closest thing we have in Ontario is D-Box seats at cineplex and they just shift and jerk around during the movie.. saw one of the hunger games in it and thought it was quite neat, not distracting at all. I don't know about fog and the likes however. 

I don't mind about the seats, but with rain, snow and smells the experience might become uncomfortable... I can't speak from experience though, so take this with a grain of salt

It's not at least with water I was in a theme park that had a 4D theater and there's a moment the camera goes through a waterfall and water fell from the ceiling.(It's only a bit water like rain amount)

It was surprising and awesome at the same time :)

RTX2070OC 

Meanwhile they have Dbox Imax at my local theater...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Water falls from the ceiling and everybody's popcorn disappears :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

If true to form, can you imagine the demand on the machinery if the film moves back & forth, quickly, between different locales in the movie?

You're in the Sahara desert uncovering something with a team, then another exploration team is in antarctica where they  uncover something beeping under the ice, then back to the streets of London where it is foggy and raining before going indoors to a room at MI6, then back to California in the USA where it is a perfect 70 degrees and a person on their cell phone in a park gets the call from the one of the team in antarctica.

Anyway... as you can see, if the film keeps jutting around to different places, you may have more dialogue taking place on the cell phone where the weather is nice, but the main action is in the sub-zero weather in antarctica.  Which environment do you experience?  Could the machinery in the cinema keep up with the quick atmosphere changes?

Trying to keep this PG-13 rated discussion.... for a few minutes anyway. 

:)

So.... anyone wanna go see Frozen with me? lol

Haha, I'll come. We gon build snowmans in the theater and break out into song lol.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

wow thats so old i have been in a cinema that had effects like that a year or 2 ago in poland. Is the rest of the world so far behind

The idea that some people would be dumb enough to pay 20 plus dollars per ticket to have dirty water sprayed in their face and dropped on their head is hilarious to me.

Please tell me one of you have done so.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...