4DX cinemas add rain, snow and warm air for realism

ahhming

i find these 3d and 4d movie theaters stupid... the only thing that deserves immersion at that level is games... i dont feel that a movie should be that immersive. i mean its not like we are the main character or the whole movie is in first person and its trying to make you feel like you are a character in the movie. no its just a way to tel a story and storys should not be immersive in my book... see what i did there xD anyways thats just my feels about immersion in movies... this thing would be awesome to play games on though.

I experienced something similar when I was watching a Shrek short film. I was only a kid but I remember that when rats were on screen I could feel hundreds of tiny things gliding over my feet like rats and when Shrek or donkey sneezed I felt as if they sneezed on me. Not sure what tech was behind it but it was an interesting experience to say the least.

IVe seen these before. If youve been to Disney World youll know. 

Im not sure I like these experiences. Sometimes things are just really unpleasant. I dont want to have fake skunk spray shot out of a jet in front of my face.

Now for a game though this would be interesting, sounds rather adventurous especially when you are in control :)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Smell has already been implemented in cinema's? I can't imagine that being comfortable whilst watching a movie.

How long until VR cinema's? :P

The baked bean scene from blazing saddles would empty the theatre.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am yet to try one of these types of cinemas that offer more stimulus then just the film itself. Have any of you guys? 

Seem cool though! I do wonder how they're gonna make the snow and all of that work:P 

Thanks for sharing! 

Never at a movie but this seems very similar to a ride at Disney World.  It was pretty great for a horror type thing.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

I pay like 10$ for popcorn and you're literally going to rain on it? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Never at a movie but this seems very similar to a ride at Disney World.  It was pretty great for a horror type thing.

I have to say I wouldnt mind trying! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

imagine you can smell stinky Orcs and monsters  :rolleyes: 

And that would be different from the regular movie going experience how?

:lol:

-------

Current Rig

-------

i have never once scene a movie where effects like 3d, or this 4d stuff has ever made the movie better. i bad film is still bad and a good film is still good, they seem kind of pointless and really dont improve the experiance

I've been to plenty of these things and while they fun for short films, I can't imagine sitting for two hours in one.

So what if you watch pr0n...

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Human Centipede - The 4DX Experience anyone?

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

And that would be different from the regular movie going experience how?

:lol:

it something different IMO

or how about Fifty Shades of Grey in 4DX ;)

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.