Rumour - XFX R9 390 pictures

Joe_Easy

http://wccftech.com/xfx-radeon-r9-390-double-dissipation-allegedly-pictured/

Take it with a grain of salt of course but looks like a nearly finished product so hoping that we really don't have to wait until June to get this card released.

Also the fact that this is a non reference card would seem like manufacturers are further along than I first thought 

Is there really the need for gold in everything?

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

so videocardz.com has this article (http://videocardz.com/55358/xfx-radeon-r9-390-double-dissipation-smiles-for-camera) claiming wccftech found first pictures of the XFX R9 390 

what do you think ? could this be real? doesnt look to shabby. also the size of that heatsink mkes me really wonder if amd actually did it this time around.

write you opinion on the matter and please spare me the wccftech hate i know theyre bad but still.

post-83157-0-23884800-1428568643.jpg

post-83157-0-13812800-1428568664.jpg

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

The Double Dissipation on the 200 series looks way better imo, make them cool the GPU properly and you have a contender. 

But this... just, no. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Looks nice but the gold trim? :l

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

so videocardz.com has this article (http://videocardz.com/55358/xfx-radeon-r9-390-double-dissipation-smiles-for-camera) claiming wccftech found first pictures of the XFX R9 390 

what do you think ? could this be real? doesnt look to shabby. also the size of that heatsink mkes me really wonder if amd actually did it this time around.

write you opinion on the matter and please spare me the wccftech hate i know theyre bad but still.

XFX-R9-390-DD-2.jpg

XFX-R9-390-DD-1.jpg

hey OP....

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Damnnnnnnnnnn, that card looks good. But it's XFX.

Story of my life in terms of PSU's

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

How bloody big is this thing if it's got 2 100mm fans that don't come close to the edge!!!

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

shit so this is legit?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Should it look exactly like the 290?

edit: barring the color of the fans bits of course

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

hey OP....

way to rub it in bro :D

XFX should just die now. Shitty customer service, bad editions of coolers ( ghost sucked, but at least it looked good, some 200 series coolers sucked aswell, apart from the one with illuminated logo ) and now this weak, ugly cooler.

If you cant learn on past mistakes, you better just close the company XFX, the black cooler design looked fine, in fact it was one of the best looking.

How bloody big is this thing if it's got 2 100mm fans that don't come close to the edge!!!

Its still too small cooler, remember this is like double the SPs and whatnot + stacked mem.

Rather wait for PCS+ from Powercolor to get much better heat dissipation, allthough it will be pretty huge hahah, this card will be definition of video card sag :D R1 video card support from Zalman anyone?

I think AIO is the way to go. LOL imagine 395x2 xD

ZM-R101kor_15.jpg

I wish there were fans, that keeps spinning even the card is off... Like old nice tunned cars.

I wish there were fans, that keeps spinning even the card is off... Like old nice tunned cars.

spinners on graphics cards? really? i dont know man

GOLD! WHY?! 

I'm already going to miss the gorgeous red, black and silver if this is a real product photo. 

Look at those HSBC glossy logos. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

GOLD! WHY?! 

I'm already going to miss the gorgeous red, black and silver if this is a real product photo. 

Look at those HSBC glossy logos. 

yeah im not a fan of gold either but red and black have been getting their share now for years