LGBT community

carguy86

What are your opinions on this? How many of you are/are not closeted?

For the music itself: I could do without the screaming, just not my thing. I think the lyrics are good though, at least the parts I was able to keep up with lol(I'm a bit slow :( ). I think its a good message to give though, if I remember right its essentially "it will all be okay"(I'm listening to the radio and my simple mind forgets things easily).

I'm in a bit of an odd situation though, so it used to  be where I was closeted IRL and "me" online. Now its kind of the opposite lol. I'm openly 'gay' IRL now, but online I'm either "just some chick, none of your business" or just what I've already told in this thread(and I'll leave it there). The people I know IRL know "me", so there is no point in hiding(been there, done that, not fun), but online I don't feel like I should have to explain myself anymore. 

For the music itself: I could do without the screaming, just not my thing. I think the lyrics are good though, at least the parts I was able to keep up with lol(I'm a bit slow :( ). I think its a good message to give though, if I remember right its essentially "it will all be okay"(I'm listening to the radio and my simple mind forgets things easily).

I'm in a bit of an odd situation though, so it used to  be where I was closeted IRL and "me" online. Now its kind of the opposite lol. I'm openly 'gay' IRL now, but online I'm either "just some chick, none of your business" or just what I've already told in this thread(and I'll leave it there). The people I know IRL know "me", so there is no point in hiding(been there, done that, not fun), but online I don't feel like I should have to explain myself anymore. 

For me, I came out Online on March 17th 2015 (the day i also came out online about me starting a relationship with my then-boyfriend) and came out to Family and SELECT friends on August 1st 2015. Fairly recently. Im very much openly gay online, but IRL i just feel like my sexual orientation shouldn't be such a public thing / a frequent conversation with friends.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

On the topic of LGBT discussions... Last Friday on the religions class in high school I got to hear a class presentation about ethics of sexuality from a classmate, and he also told a bit about LGBT people and how the church(es) see them. It was kind of awkward to hear about it in a religions class, but everyone remained civil thankfully.

We we're given some discussion material at the end of the presentation, and the teacher gave us a few more as well, such as "Can a relationship survive without sexual intercourse of any kind?", and was a bit surprised to hear the answer being something different than I expected from a religious person. Nearly everyone agreed to the teacher's opinion of "I doubt it could, as that would be challenging. It is quite important in a relationship", except the guy who did the presentation (who mentioned in the presentation that he's an asexual) and me; we don't see it as important, but guess that's just us being a little different from the norm regarding that topic.

Oh well... Different opinions. Everyone's opinions are equally valid. Just thought that I'd share this experience here.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I feel so alone right now...maybe it would have been a good idea to ask for that guy's number before a 4-day break from school.

I feel so alone right now...maybe it would have been a good idea to ask for that guy's number before a 4-day break from school.

simon+pegg+stripping.gif

EDIT: It's only four days. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

simon+pegg+stripping.gif

EDIT: It's only four days. 

HOLY SHIT WHERE DID HIS HAT GO?! FUCK SEX IMPLICATIONS THIS MAN IS A WIZARD!!

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

HOLY SHIT WHERE DID HIS HAT GO?! FUCK SEX IMPLICATIONS THIS MAN IS A WIZARD!!

Rightio then. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On the topic of LGBT discussions... Last Friday on the religions class in high school I got to hear a class presentation about ethics of sexuality from a classmate, and he also told a bit about LGBT people and how the church(es) see them. It was kind of awkward to hear about it in a religions class, but everyone remained civil thankfully.

We we're given some discussion material at the end of the presentation, and the teacher gave us a few more as well, such as "Can a relationship survive without sexual intercourse of any kind?", and was a bit surprised to hear the answer being something different than I expected from a religious person. Nearly everyone agreed to the teacher's opinion of "I doubt it could, as that would be challenging. It is quite important in a relationship", except the guy who did the presentation (who mentioned in the presentation that he's an asexual) and me; we don't see it as important, but guess that's just us being a little different from the norm regarding that topic.

Oh well... Different opinions. Everyone's opinions are equally valid. Just thought that I'd share this experience here.

And here I was, promising myself that I wouldn't post in this thread, but that question simply too intersting not to answer.

The question "Can a relationship survive without sexual intercourse of any kind?" is malformed in two ways (as far as I can tell).

A) It assumes that ´relationship´ means only one thing, and that this one thing is objectivly dependant.

B ) It assumes that atleast some sort of sexual contact is needed for intimacy in a ´relationship´.

My long-ish form answer to the two points of criticism would be this:

A)

A relationship is solely based on the individuals that form the relationship, and it's therefor not just one thing.

One could say that I have a relationship with my friends, my family, colleagues, etc. Non of those relationships are sexual in nature.

If the question assumes a romantic relationship, then it is starting the wrong way around. Being romantically drawn to a person is primarily an emotional response, not a physical one. However, for most people having some sort of sexual contact with a romantic partner is way to gain greater intimacy with their partner. We enhance our emotional bond by forming a physical one. 

if we go back to the assuption, that a relationship is formed by individuals, then what these individuals want from the relationship.

If Person A and Person B enter into a relationship with different expectations, then of course the relationship is likely to break. 

The relationships that we form, especially those with deeper romantic ties, getting of on the same foot is extremely important. 

For example, if I were to enter into a relationship with a person that wanted us to be together every second of the day that wouldn't work out.

I value being alone, and the people I surround myself with has to respect that and be able to live with that. 

The same thing goes for the expectation of a sexual side of a relationship. If a two people aren't on the same page when it comes to their expectations on the sexual side a relationship then the relationship will most likely fail. 

TL;DR:

A relationship can of course last without a sexual side. Eveyone has relations to people they aren't sexual with

A romantic relationship can also last without a sexual side. It just depends on the people who enter into the relationship.

B )

This point will overlap a bit with the previous point and it will also go from the assumption that we are talking about a romantic relationship. 

As already stated, most people engaged in a romantic relationship will at one point start having sexual contact with one another. 

Again, most people see sexual intimacy as a way to strenghten their emotional bond.

But, sex isn't the only way people can be intimate with one another. People that for one reason or another either don't desire sex or can't have sex, can still have very intimate romantic relationships. 

I have know people that just enjoyed sweet talking to eachother and achieved intimacy that way, and some people will probably gain as much intimacy cuddling or holding hands.

And some people will probably do something that is completly foreign to me.

Sex is just the most common way to achieve intimacy, so most people don't really look beyond that. Especially if they haven't been in a long lasting romantic relationship.

TL;DR: 

A romantic relationship, that demands intimacy, can survive without sexual contact. Intimacy can come from many things, not just sex 

And on an ending note. Why was that subject brought up in a discussion on religious ethics? 

I can see the whole ´gay people are sinful´ part being relevant, but I simply can't see how a discussion on the importance of sex is important in a religious class.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

And here I was, promising myself that I wouldn't post in this thread, but that question simply too intersting not to answer.

The question "Can a relationship survive without sexual intercourse of any kind?" is malformed in two ways (as far as I can tell).

A) It assumes that ´relationship´ means only one thing, and that this one thing is objectivly dependant.

B ) It assumes that atleast some sort of sexual contact is needed for intimacy in a ´relationship´.

My long-ish form answer to the two points of criticism would be this:

A)

A relationship is solely based on the individuals that form the relationship, and it's therefor not just one thing.

One could say that I have a relationship with my friends, my family, colleagues, etc. Non of those relationships are sexual in nature.

If the question assumes a romantic relationship, then it is starting the wrong way around. Being romantically drawn to a person is primarily an emotional response, not a physical one.   However, for most people having some sort of sexual contact with a romantic partner is way to gain greater intimacy with their partner. We enhance our emotional bond by forming a physical one. 

if we go back to the assuption, that a relationship is formed by individuals, then what these individuals want from the relationship.

If Person A and Person B enter into a relationship with different expectations, then of course the relationship is likely to break. 

The relationships that we form, especially those with deeper romantic ties, getting of on the same foot is extremely important. 

For example, if I were to enter into a relationship with a person that wanted us to be together every second of the day that wouldn't work out.

I value being alone, and the people I surround myself with has to respect that and be able to live with that. 

The same thing goes for the expectation of a sexual side of a relationship. If a two people aren't on the same page when it comes to their expectations on the sexual side a relationship then the relationship will most likely fail. 

TL;DR:

A relationship can of course last without a sexual side. Eveyone has relations to people they aren't sexual with

A romantic relationship can also last without a sexual side. It just depends on the people who enter into the relationship.

B )

This point will overlap a bit with the previous point and it will also go from the assumption that we are talking about a romantic relationship. 

As already stated, most people engaged in a romantic relationship will at one point start having sexual contact with one another. 

Again, most people see sexual intimacy as a way to strenghten their emotional bond.

But, sex isn't the only way people can be intimate with one another. People that for one reason or another either don't desire sex or can't have sex, can still have very intimate romantic relationships. 

I have know people that just enjoyed sweet talking to eachother and achieved intimacy that way and some people will probably gain as much intimacy cuddling or holding hands.

And some people will probably do something that is completly foreign to me.

Sex is just the most common way to achieve intimacy, so most people don't really look beyond that. Especially if they haven't been in a long lasting romantic relationship.

TL;DR: 

A romantic relationship, that demands intimacy, can survive without sexual contact. Intimacy can come from many things, not just sex 

We are kinda vague about things, considering we are still just high school students... But considering the age of us students in-question (17- 19), this sounds like a lame excuse.

A lot of things weren't specified by us, and we left out a lot of different viewpoints, but we had rather limited time to handle the topic before we had to move onto the next topic.

And on an ending note. Why was that subject brought up in a discussion on religious ethics? 

I can see the whole ´gay people are sinful´ part being relevant, but I simply can't see how a discussion on the importance of sex is important in a religious class.

I don't know. There were several dozen topics of which students could choose a presentation to make out of. They are were about ethics of a certain subject, since the course our class is in religion subject right now is called "Religion and ethics" or something along those lines. And one of the topics just so happened to be "Sexual ethics" and that one student just so happened to pick that subject.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

We are kinda vague about things, considering we are still just high school students... But considering the age of us students in-question (17- 19), this sounds like a lame excuse.

A lot of things weren't specified by us, and we left out a lot of different viewpoints, but we had rather limited time to handle the topic before we had to move onto the next topic.

I don't know. There were several dozen topics of which students could choose a presentation to make out of. They are were about ethics of a certain subject, since the course our class is in religion subject right now is called "Religion and ethics" or something along those lines. And one of the topics just so happened to be "Sexual ethics" and that one student just so happened to pick that subject.

Withoui knowing what you and your fellow student came up with, I will guess that most of it was atleast somewhat thought through.

I don't know if I just have too much trust in young people, but when I was 17-19 I would have been able to some sort of coherent thoughts on the subject. 

And I know how limited time can be in a school context. Which is the main reason why I don't really like most school systems. They simply don't give you enough time to go indepth.

My criticism would be more aimed towards your teacher. 

While the discussion on sexuality and ethics is an intersting one, and one that is quite important, I see it as completly different from a discussion on whether or not sex is important in a relationship. 

Their only common denominator is that they are about sex and sexuality. 

A teacher should know this. And there would have been plently of good relevant discussion points.

For example, a good discussion could be had on why gay people have been discriminated against throughtout history.

Another great topic could be on why human rights like equality should be extended to also cover sexual orientation. 

For me, I'm out as pan online and in the closet irl, but I'm fine with keeping it that way until it becomes necessary that I tell people. I do have a few irl friends that I want to tell but I haven't yet. my sexuality doesn't play much of a role in my life atm so it's not a big deal to me. 

Ayyyy Demi <3:

Demi Lovato has said she is “not confirming or denying” speculation – after being asked if her new song was about experimenting with women.

She responded: “I’m not confirming, and I’m definitely not denying” – before adding: “All of my songs are based off of personal experiences. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with experimentation at all.”

The song includes a number of suggestive lyrics, including: “Got a taste for the cherry/I just need to take a bite”, and “I’m a little curious, too / tell me if it’s wrong, if it’s right / I don’t care /I can keep a secret, can you?”

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/09/12/is-demi-lovatos-new-song-about-lesbian-sex-im-definitely-not-denying-anything/?utm_source=Ruby&utm_medium=RubyFB&utm_campaign=slovatos&ts_pid=2

http://lgbtfeed.com/post/is_demi_lovato_bisexual_image_gallery_and_video

^At 2:40, or jsut watch the whole thing

*hugs*

sorry bout that. :/

snipster

HOLY SHI-.... holy snip Kappa

^this^

while i am certianly sexually attracted to my BF and he is CLEARLY sexually attracted to me, i cant imagine me and him will have a whole lot of it. im not a very sexual person. (outside of twitch chat style jokes and cheap ''lol 69'' third grade humor. (i. am. a. child. .-.  xD ) )

i really imagine me and him spending time together painting, wood working, building computers together and selling them for our shoppe, tending to our garden, etc.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

spending time together painting, wood working, building computers together and selling them for our shoppe, tending to our garden, etc.\ 

^relationship goals^

^this^

while i am certianly sexually attracted to my BF and he is CLEARLY sexually attracted to me, i cant imagine me and him will have a whole lot of it. im not a very sexual person. (outside of twitch chat style jokes and cheap ''lol 69'' third grade humor. (i. am. a. child. .-.  xD ) )

i really imagine me and him spending time together painting, wood working, building computers together and selling them for our shoppe, tending to our garden, etc.

I need to stop promising myself not to post in this thread, and just accept my fate.

What you are describing is exacly what I'm talking about. Thanks for providing a real life example, so that I atleast isn't talking 100% out of my ass.

And if you and your boyfriend is on the same page, then I wish both of you the best and I hope your relationship lasts.

Ayyyy Demi <3:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/09/12/is-demi-lovatos-new-song-about-lesbian-sex-im-definitely-not-denying-anything/?utm_source=Ruby&utm_medium=RubyFB&utm_campaign=slovatos&ts_pid=2

http://lgbtfeed.com/post/is_demi_lovato_bisexual_image_gallery_and_video

^At 2:40, or jsut watch the whole thing

While it is always good that people in the public sphere is suportive of LGBT issues, there is a fine line to walk. 

With a subject matter as sexually charged as is present in Cool for the Summer, there is a risk of fetishizing LGBT people rather than supporting their case

While Poker Face by Lady Gaga is dealing with themes of homosexiality, it's probably going to be a long time before it is heralded as a great step forward for LGBT individuals.. 

So it will be intersting to see if Demi Lovato hints at sexual experimentation becuase she (and all her cowriters) believes in normalizing homosexual relationships, or they use the theme to sell records.

Basically, is the song going to be remembered as I Kissed a Girl or as Same Love

I'm straight, but I fully support the LBGT community. 

The only thing was I was unsure if I could continue dating someone who's transgender, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

The only thing was I was unsure if I could continue dating someone who's transgender, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when and if I come to it.

Date whoever you want to date. Whether it's a guy, a girl, a FtM or an MtF.

Find love, theres no rule about dating transgendered people.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Date whoever you want to date. Whether it's a guy, a girl, a FtM or an MtF.

Find love, theres no rule about dating transgendered people.

Not saying there's rules or anything, I just have no clue how I'd feel about it. 

It's one of those things that I'll just have to experience to really know how I'd react. I mean if I've fallen for her, I wouldn't know the difference unless she told me.

meh.. im just having one of those weeks when i feel sorry for my actual self. (the real me is really feminine, the exposed me is just a bland "boy")

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

talk to @Jack.EXE or @Trik'Stari (i think i got his name spelled right...)

xP hue hue hue. *scurries away and hides under my desk*

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Sigh.. What is up with guys thinking its mandatory to send a random dick pic in any internet chat.. 

I just want to chat.. Not interested in seeing a schlong.. 

If this goes on i swear internet dating is going to devolve into this

https://youtu.be/_mscSwvnFW4?t=38s

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

For anyone considering coming out but having second thoughts, it's worth it m8!

I was really really truly scared to come out to my friends (and mother, she's the only family member I'm out to right now.), I felt very depressed and sad all the time and always felt like I was hiding (in the closet :)). I needed something to lift all the weight off me, so I told two friends over facebook, and it turned out great, in fact a month or two later one tells me he's bi. But I found it didn't help me much, I felt like this for another month. Then I decided to tell my really close childhood friend over steam, he was surprised but he was okay with it, and now I was starting to feel better, but my best friend, I thought he was homophobic as fuck, because he said homophobic slurs frequently and I put off telling him for agggges, but eventually I did it and never looked back and even the slurs stopped after I told him (but he moved onto racial slurs, classik) I've been a lot happier since then, but I'm not openly gay nor to my dad and brothers - I just can't find it in myself to tell them, I don't have to tell them anyway, my life bitch.

I'll also mention a big role for gaining the courage to come out was support from a lot of forum and steam friends I had on gaming forums and community forums, I even had an online relationship with one that ended quickly, but it was a nice experience.

Edited by Muz

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

For anyone considering coming out but having second thoughts, it's worth it m8!

I was really really truly scared to come out to my friends (and mother, she's the only family member i'm out to right now.), I felt very depressed and sad all the time and always felt like I was hiding (in the closet :)). I needed something to lift all the weight off me, so I told two friends over facebook, and it turned out great, in fact a month or two later one tells me he's bi. But I found it didn't help me much, I felt like this for another month. Then I decided to tell my really close childhood friend over steam, he was surprised but he was okay with it, and now I was starting to feel better, but my best friend, I thought he was homophobic as fuck, because he said homophobic slurs frequently and I put off telling him for agggges, but eventually I did it and never looked back and even the slurs stopped after I told him (but he moved onto racial slurs, classik) I've been a lot happier since then, but I'm not openly gay nor to my dad and brothers - I just can't find it in myself to tell them, I don't have to tell them anyway, my life bitch.

I'm fine with not telling those that I play CS with what my sexuality is. :P 

Only my family know and right now, that's good enough. 

Though, some people I play CS with do use this site, so they have probably seen already.  :lol: