LGBT community

carguy86

I'm going to say it. I don't like the majority of the LGBT community. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm going to say it. I don't like the majority of the LGBT community. 

What parts of it don't you like? I'd say that I really don't like the stereo typically LGBT part of the community e.g. the overly flamboyant gay people who are in your face about it, people who make a point of telling the world how LGBT they are every chance they get to annoying degree, the ones who push their sexuality on to you and call you a homophobe when you don't like it, etc. These types of people are bad for the legitimacy of and society accepting the movement and they reinforce stereotypes and piss people off.

This vid is very relevant to my mini rant

In "farming" class today our substitute teacher was wearing askin tigth shirt. Such enjoy, much muscle. (Yup if you choose an alternative class instead of german, spanish or frensh you instead get electronics, farming and industry mecanichs. The year gets splitt up in three so that you get all the alternate classes)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

What parts of it don't you like? I'd say that I really don't like the stereo typically LGBT part of the community e.g. the overly flamboyant gay people who are in your face about it, people who make a point of telling the world how LGBT they are every chance they get to annoying degree, the ones who push their sexuality on to you and call you a homophobe when you don't like it, etc. These types of people are bad for the legitimacy of and society accepting the movement and they reinforce stereotypes and piss people off.

This vid is very relevant to my mini rant

It's all of that. I don't like gay prides and such because it's just so obnoxious in my opinion. Being gay to me doesn't mean I should dress up in pink latex and dance down the street to express how "proud" I am of being what I am. No, being gay to me is just the attraction to the same sex. It's more so on sites like Tumblr where you see the more outspoken but unfortunately stereotypical gay guy, or girl out there. "I AM WHO I AM AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO CHANGE THAT. SO YEAH! AND I AM GOING TO SHOVE IT IN YOUR FACE!" No, what I am is a metal head, game addict, cussing, biker loving and somewhat adrenalin junky who just so happens to have relationships with guys. I think that Stephen Fry puts it the best when he's talking to the dictator of, I think it was, Zimbabwe. "It's not about sex, it's about love, and only love." I've probably got the quote somewhat wrong, but it's been a long time since I watched his documentary on LGBT. 

I myself, try and ignore all the gay prides, LGBT prides, whatever people call them because in my honest opinion they're not positive at all. They're showing the world, not what LGBT is, but what it isn't. It may sound odd coming from someone who is actually gay, and some of my friends have said "Oh, well then you just don't want to celebrate equal love." When in truth I do, I just don't want to wander the streets of London or Manchester with bright pink shirts on and dancing provocatively. 

EDIT: For fuck sake. This man is gay and he's part of one of the first metal bands and arguably, at the time, the most masculine band in the world, not to mention genre. His music and who he is before any of his sexuality. It's barely even brought up in interviews, unless the topic is LGBT. 

halford.png

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

-snip-

^ I completely agree. If the LGBT community wants to become properly integrated with society and get equal treatment free from prejudice they need to stop acting like that. I'm personally fine with pride parades as I think you should take pride in who you are, but keep what happens at pride parades at pride parades. Don't go running around wearing a pink t shirt with a penis and latex short shorts. Nobody will take you seriously if you do that and quite frankly, you don't deserve that either.

^ I completely agree. If the LGBT community wants to become properly integrated with society and get equal treatment free from prejudice they need to stop acting like that. I'm personally fine with pride parades as I think you should take pride in who you are, but keep what happens at pride parades at pride parades. Don't go running around wearing a pink t shirt with a penis and latex short shorts. Nobody will take you seriously if you do that and quite frankly, you don't deserve that either.

(Tagging @SeriouslyMikey too)

You also have to see that they had "Black Pride"-esque parades back when people of colour were fighting for their equality. While they didn't dress up in pink latex you have to see that for quite a few people still, LGBT is quite an "under known" culture, so by having these parades it shows to the non-LGBT Community that not only are we not pedophiles, but that we're a significant number and therefore more statistically normal. Its also mostly for the benefit of other LGBT members who are closeted or repressed who can be free for a day and meet people like them.

Its just to show that they're happy being themselves. Yes theres no straight pride, but I think Pride is amazing - I'm going to one of the biggest on the continent in a few weeks.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You also have to see that they had "Black Pride"-esque parades back when people of colour were fighting for their equality. While they didn't dress up in pink latex you have to see that for quite a few people still, LGBT is quite an "under known" culture, so by having these parades it shows to the non-LGBT Community that not only are we not pedophiles, but that we're a significant number and therefore more statistically normal. Its also mostly for the benefit of other LGBT members who are closeted or repressed who can be free for a day and meet people like them.

Its just to show that they're happy being themselves. Yes theres no straight pride, but I think Pride is amazing - I'm going to one of the biggest on the continent in a few weeks.

I understand that too. However, the issue that I have is that we're not all flamboyant and outlandish like that, in fact the majority aren't. All of those that I have come out to have responded with "But you don't act gay." "You don't sound gay." and the classic one of "You don't have a high pitch voice." Because that's what being LGBT is to some people. People are surprised when I say what music I like, what sports I like and sometimes the fact that I even like sports in general because it's "not gay". It's quite upsetting for me, honestly, as I just want to be known and liked for who I am, not for what I am or what someone else is, like the flamboyant people who run around at pride parades. I am still proud of what I am, but when the vocal minority gives everyone the impression that we all like specific things and dress in a specific way, it makes me even more worried to come out to others, because they will suddenly have the belief that I need to, or do behave like that. 

EDIT: Think of it this way, I don't want to be labelled as something I am not. I am not flamboyant, I do not have girlfriends that I go shopping with, and I don't dress attractively. I am who I am. As I said, I like metal, dangerous sports and cussing loudly in games. Not really a stereotypical gay, is it? So when people see me do all of these things then suddenly say I'm less of that, or that it's not something "my type" would or should be doing, because I am gay, I get rather upset. 

And don't post pictures of yourself when you're unclean and unclothed in a forum where a lot of people are under the legal age. THAT is creepy. 

I think I understand what you're getting at, Mikey. I'm honestly not sure if they exist because they are true or whether they're imposed upon 'us' as a community for ease of understanding for the not-gay masses. Probably both... Hell, some of the musical theater kids back at school were unbearable people so I can wrap my head around that a little.
Don't even get me started on transgender stereotypes... I want to smash those with a banhammer. I spent a lot of my early transition hating the frak out of the older trans community for creating the stupid stereotypes that the media holds up as realistic. Not so much these days as I suppose I'm more secure in myself.
Thats not to say that some people aren't actually like that. They have every right to be exactly who they are. It follows then that is it the rest of society that needs to get it through their thick heads that people don't come out of a printing press. Not all gay men are flaming, not all lesbians like short hair and not all trans women are fem... They're just people, complex and social animals.
Much better I think to deal with individuals on an individual level rather than making assumptions about them based on superficial shit.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

This grandfather is truly fabulous!

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/R8xqeHs

older than the internet, but if it isn't a hoax - props to em.

older than the internet, but if it isn't a hoax - props to em.

Why would it be a hoax? There are elders that couldn't care less what you are, just who you are. I know my grandmother wouldn't have liked it, but she would have accepted it any other way, because she was brought up and brought me up to accept anyone, no matter what they are. 

Why would it be a hoax? There are elders that couldn't care less what you are, just who you are. I know my grandmother wouldn't have liked it, but she would have accepted it any other way, because she was brought up and brought me up to accept anyone, no matter what they are. 

This story is at least a few years old - and there was word of it being a hoax.

This story is at least a few years old - and there was word of it being a hoax.

Never seen it myself. Just seems odd that someone would fake it. 

I'm totally cool with pride parades and really want to go to the parade in NYC. My issue lies when people take that level of extravagance and flamboyance to everyday life and shove it into people's faces where it isn't welcome. As Mikey said, this leads to the stereotype that gay people are flamboyant, lesbians are butch, bi people are really sexual, etc when the majority of the community is made up of perfectly normal people who don't fit the public's expectations as to what LGBT people are like. So while flamboyance and showing your true self is great and should be done, people need to realize that that can be part of the cause of stereotypes. That is why if I were to come out to my family and friends they'd probably say that I don't seem pan-sexual at all and that I'm too normal or something like that.

Society needs to learn that we aren't all what you see in pride parades. 

Remember that time we all chose to be LGBT+?

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/444876-top-5-lies-the-general-public-thinks-are-100-true/

He does.

Remember that time we all chose to be LGBT+?

He does.

*Sighs for days*

Not even going to bother with that thread

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Eh it's locked now.

That took long.

And now it's deleted. rip.

It was getting funny though ;(

Well on that positive note I think it's new topic time! I feel like getting political on this one so please try to avoid flame wars, mmkay?

Where do you stand politically (left, right, liber/authoritarian) and do you think the LGBT community affects your political beliefs? 

Also, Political Compass posts (like mine below) help give a good idea on where you stand. Here's the test for those interested. 

HwoOSFY.png?1

Personally I think that my pro-LGBT attitude as well as pro-choice opinions set me further in the left. I see mostly eye-to-eye with the right on some social issues otherwise.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well on that positive note I think it's new topic time! I feel like getting political on this one so please try to avoid flame wars, mmkay?

Where do you stand politically (left, right, liber/authoritarian) and do you think the LGBT community affects your political beliefs? 

Also, Political Compass posts (like mine below) help give a good idea on where you stand. Here's the test for those interested. 

Personally I think that my pro-LGBT attitude as well as pro-choice opinions set me further in the left. I see mostly eye-to-eye with the right on most social issues otherwise.

I think that test is woefully simplistic. But here is mine

gHIdVJh.png

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"