LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

VI and earlier?

Don't bother outside of emulation.

Why ignore XIII and its sequels?

Bad PC ports, particularly XIII-2, which runs like garbage even on a high-end rig.

14 minutes ago, Nicholatian said:

I know what you’re talking about. I’ve seen relationships like that break at a moment’s notice with my parents… because they had no plan, they had no clue about each other’s psyche and therefore were stunned to find each other at odds the moment the power dynamic was inverted. It’s what most people deal with… but let me tell you, we’re not like most people.

I rarely go out on a limb to say the truth like this, because everyone decries it as some kind of “well why don’t you prove it then bub” sort of mockery… but believe me when I say that him and I are very intelligent, and we have every intention of doing great things to the world in our lifetimes. While I hadn’t gotten to this point because of my age, my fiancé had contemplated suicide over a neverending existential crisis rooted in a total absence of intellect and understanding in his home country. He pushed through for a while because he believed that someone like me may soon be found, and eventually it happened… and now we’re together to go and do I-don’t-yet-know-what… because I’m still trying to find out who I am too. It’s really difficult to define your existence’s meaning when you’re like this – most people either don’t even bother and just drift through life, or if they do try to anchor themselves it’s over something really superficial like a big career or lots of money or whatever. But regardless… what I’m saying is that this is different. I’m certain that I don’t need to worry about things like that, because he is not a malicious person and neither am I. I’ve dated malicious people in the past; I know what it looks like. It’ll be fine.

In her case I get the impression my former aunt was a whiny, picky, bitch who felt she was unhappy and unsatisfied with her marriage and life.

When the truth is likely that she has no damn idea what would make her "happy" but rather than try to fix the issues with herself she defaulted to thinking divorce was her best option to fix her unhappiness with how her life was.

She's sharing custody of the kids (both my younger cousins have a few more years before turning 18) and supposedly her and my uncle don't hate each other.

But I fucking hate her for being so stupid and selfish.  Not to mention ungrateful for what I assume most people would consider a respectably nice life.  House, 2 kids, 2 dogs, bother and husband with I believe decent enough paying jobs.  

A life that many, myself included aspire to achieve someday.  A life that she should thank Godoka (I don't think it's silly to say her instead of God.  Sue me if you like.  lol) to have had.  

I'm sure many people would've taken her place in a heartbeat but she just said nope to that nice life. 

I have no desire to mock you.  At least not about this.  lol

When you're like what?

Suicide is not a solution so I'm happy he resisted it.  

Spoiler

I never thought I'd be saying this let alone admitting it to anyone but there was a part of a day a few months ago where I briefly considered it.  I hurt so bad inside that it seemed like any way to stop feeling so bad/upset was worth it.

I haven't felt that way since but lately with everything going on with my friend after her father died and stressing about things like needing to find a job within the next few months or finding a car to buy so I could get to a job once I find one I'm a little worried that I might reach that awful feeling again.  

I don't have anyone to really say all this to so I'm sorry if I'm being too "open" about this stuff.  

I'm just not doing very well atm.   

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

Don't bother outside of emulation.

Bad PC ports, particularly XIII-2, which runs like garbage even on a high-end rig.

Idk how to do emulation..  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk how to do emulation..  ?

Emulation's fuckin' easy.

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Yes alcohol can be bad too but it's not as bad as hard drugs.  

Alcohol can be just as bad as drugs. Cocaine makes the heart race and puncture the nose while punctures the nose 

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

While I doubt it's possible to 100% keep any illegal drugs off the streets I don't think it's bad to try to do we can to limit it as much as possible.  It's not just the actual drugs themselves but also that those making them could put things in them that make dying from using them very likely.  I don't think ignoring that risk is wise.

The less drugs on the streets and especially tainted ones the better off people will be.  

Having less drug use is the goal. But I don't think constant incarcerations of drug users will be the long term solution. While I think the cops should continue hunting down drug dealers, authorities on the other hand should save drug users by treating them like sick people and address why do people turn to drugs in the first place. In fact, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau made a bill legalizing marijuana. Harm Reduction isn't perfect but it's way better than what has been done in the past.

For further reading:

Swiss drug policy should serve as model: experts

Full participation in harm reduction programmes is associated with decreased risk for human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus: evidence from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among drug users

The impact of harm-reduction-based methadone treatment on mortality among heroin users

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Dr. Gabor Mate

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

21 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Alcohol can be just as bad as drugs. Cocaine makes the heart race and puncture the nose while punctures the nose 

Having less drug use is the goal. But I don't think constant incarcerations of drug users will be the long term solution. While I think the cops should continue hunting down drug dealers, authorities on the other hand should save drug users by treating them like sick people and address why do people turn to drugs in the first place. In fact, Canadian PM Justin Trudeau made a bill legalizing marijuana. Harm Reduction isn't perfect but it's way better than what has been done in the past.

For further reading:

Swiss drug policy should serve as model: experts

Full participation in harm reduction programmes is associated with decreased risk for human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus: evidence from the Amsterdam Cohort Studies among drug users

The impact of harm-reduction-based methadone treatment on mortality among heroin users

In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts: Close Encounters with Addiction by Dr. Gabor Mate

I'll be honest I'm way too stressed atm to watch of read most of that but that harm reduction stuff does sound like a step in the right direction.

Sending people to jail isn't the answer.  But forced drug rehab or other consequences could be used along with that harm reduction stuff to get people off drugs and keep people from starting.  

There's any number of safer better things to have fun or deal with things in life so I wish people would stop thinking drugs are worth bothering with.  

35 minutes ago, Daring said:

Emulation's fuckin' easy.

I'll get around to figuring it out eventually.  

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'll get around to figuring it out eventually.  

Dude I figured out emulation when I was 13 years old, it's easy.

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

They're all shit for you. Make it legal, sure, but don't fall under the illusion that it's not harmful to smoke recreationally just because it isn't as lethal as tobacco

That's why I said there should still be restrictions on these substances especially for children below 21. I don't think the likes of alcohol or marijuana should be advertised like Skittles. I don't think I ever said that those substances pose no danger. I was just comparing the two and the hypocrisy of the current war on drugs.

21 minutes ago, Daring said:

Dude I figured out emulation when I was 13 years old, it's easy.

I bow to your greatness mr. fluffy ice fox.    (100% serious I promise.)

You can teach me another time when it's not 3am and I'm not waiting for exhaustion to let me sleep.

8 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Meanwhile, I was rewatching this video from Linus when they're selling blueberries. Linus mentioned about licensing to sell. Does Canada require a license to operate even something as small as a front lawn lemonade stand? 

http://www.th.gov.bc.ca/permits/Highway Access Permits.asp

Fruit Stand Accesses

Fruit and vegetable stands are a common sight in the agricultural areas of the province. They range in size from seasonal roadside booths to larger commercial buildings selling a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. They are located on numbered (controlled access) highways and on side roads throughout the Okanagan Valley and other parts of the province. They attract locals and tourists alike. Some of the larger stands have become regular stops for tour bus operations. As a result, the Ministry of Transportation has developed special conditions which apply to fruit stand accesses.

As a commercial operation, fruit stand accesses may be 9 metres (30 feet) in width and two accesses may be permissible, if required for traffic circulation. In addition to the normal access considerations (such as drainage, sight distance and driveway surfacing), concrete roadside barriers (CRBs) may be required to define and separate the access locations. There must be adequate parking available on site so that customers are not parking on the shoulders of the public road. Larger fruit stand operations may require parking spaces suitable for longer recreational vehicles and tour buses.

For further information on fruit stand accesses, please contact the local district office of the Ministry of Transportation.

Apply for an ordinary access permit.

3 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Holy 'o' fuck I'm tired. Got less than 4 hours of sleep.

Go back to bed?  ?

14 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Go back to bed?  ?

I can't!

I wake up for work at 5, and get home (GF's house) from work at 20:30, I still need to eat, shower, ect

last night's "stuff" went on a little long :P

19 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I can't!

I wake up for work at 5, and get home (GF's house) from work at 20:30, I still need to eat, shower, ect

last night's "stuff" went on a little long :P

Are you living with your gf then?

Everything is going well with her I assume?    If *stuff* went into overtime.  ? 

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Are you living with your gf then?

Everything is going well with her I assume?    If *stuff* went into overtime.  ? 

More visiting for a week and maybe moving in. Things are going well again c:

This is so weird, a bunch of co-workers are congratulating me.  They laid off like 10% of a different department here today and 50% of the same department in the United States then had a video conference town hall.  So even though my department was immune, I asked about HALF the questions to the CEO, focusing on the articulate, hard kinda questions, until he was stammering and had no solid answers and the other employees were all worried by the lack of answers.  Then afterwards, people are giving me props for what and how I asked.  Sooooooooo weird.

23 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

More visiting for a week and maybe moving in. Things are going well again c:

Cool.  Just try not to rush things.  Good things are worth being patient about.  ?

12 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

This is so weird, a bunch of co-workers are congratulating me.  They laid off like 10% of a different department here today and 50% of the same department in the United States then had a video conference town hall.  So even though my department was immune, I asked about HALF the questions to the CEO, focusing on the articulate, hard kinda questions, until he was stammering and had no solid answers and the other employees were all worried by the lack of answers.  Then afterwards, people are giving me props for what and how I asked.  Sooooooooo weird.

What's so weird to be congratulated?  ?

What questions were you asking that was so hard on the CEO?  lol

What questions were you asking that was so hard on the CEO?  lol

To clarify if the lay offs where temporary or not (There's a legal difference).  Someone else asked if those who's contract expire in the next month or two will still be renewed which got a non-answer that explained that there is a contract review process.  I picked up from there and outright asked 'Is there a directive to increase attrition by letting contracts expire?' and suddenly they got a LOT more uncomfortable and stammered and everyone watching was like 'Oh we might be screwed.'.  Also posed a question relating to the many people quitting of late and what intentions there are to mitigate 'brain drain'..  Stuff like that.

The important thing is that I asked those questions with 200 witnesses so they won't fire me for it. :D

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

To clarify if the lay offs where temporary or not (There's a legal difference).  Someone else asked if those who's contract expire in the next month or two will still be renewed which got a non-answer that explained that there is a contract review process.  I picked up from there and outright asked 'Is there a directive to increase attrition by letting contracts expire?' and suddenly they got a LOT more uncomfortable and stammered and everyone watching was like 'Oh we might be screwed.'.  Also posed a question relating to the many people quitting of late and what intentions there are to mitigate 'brain drain'..  Stuff like that.

The important thing is that I asked those questions with 200 witnesses so they won't fire me for it. :D

What legal difference would that be?

If they're cutting so many people I'd start being worried if your department is next on the chopping block...    

I hope not.  My impression is you have a nice paying job that you enjoy which even offers chances to make extra overtime money so it would suck if you lost that nice job.  

I can only hope when I find a job that I'm as lucky as you.

Brain drain?  lol     You mean people leaving for better opportunities and what they're doing to prevent that?

They can't fire you for asking questions can they?

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What legal difference would that be?

They can't fire you for asking questions can they?

A lay off means you're been terminated but through no fault of your own. You get notice or termination pay (Between 3-12 months of employment, you get one weeks notice or one weeks pay, 1-3 years you get 2 weeks notice or 2 weeks pay, 3+ years it's 3 weeks and just counts up from there).  A TEMPORARY lay off is for a maximum of 13 months and your employer is saying they WILL bring you back, you then don't have to get notice or termination pay.  If the employer later changes their mind, you retroactively get termination pay.  There's also some other procedural differences.

This is speaking only for Ontario, Canada mind you.  Also, this is why you should learn your labor laws; Because they apply to you and some employees would be happy if you were super ignorant of them because it can be easier to exploit you.

Also, no you CAN'T be fired for asking questions.  But you CAN be fired 'just because'.  In short, it's not that an employer must have a reason to fire you, they can fire you for anything, but there are specific reasons that they CAN'T fire you.  Like for being LGBT, or trying to unionize, or protesting unsafe conditions, or refusing dangerous orders and such.  But if your head of HR decides they're bored and just want to see you cry for their entertainment by firing you?  They can fire you for that.  That's legal.  So they could have 'reasons' to fire you but pretend they have no reasons it's just 'Oh we need to shrink your department' or something.

Well, since this was done I might aswell do it too.

Capture.thumb.PNG.9eadd2e3249601ab054b89639e613400.PNG

I guess being labled a liberal is still better than being labled a collectivist anarchist by the Political Compass. 

Capture.PNG

On 6/27/2017 at 8:11 AM, wcreek said:

Man I'm looking forward to this Friday, lot bigger check than last Friday. Actually biggest check in awhile lol.

Maybe I'll order a box of checks for my other account. Thought I got a complimentary box of checks but it seems their online check site isn't applying any sort of discounts like my other bank's website did. 
As risky and ancient as checks are, they're useful when you go somewhere that takes only check and cash which aren't always that common nowadays and if you don't want to pay ATM fees a check is perfect for that.

In the eyes of those highly concerned about security, yeah. Checks are hugely insecure since they plainly have your account information printed right there with little measures to keep it safe. Sad how nowadays theft of information is so huge.

Wow, I didn't realize checks were still being widely used in the US.

Where I live you can no longer use checks. As of january 1st. no checks are honered. 

But i also live in a country where you often times run into places that don't even accept cash payments.

16 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I'm just surprised that a Middle East country outperformed America in LGBT rights. I guess there aren't too much crazy far right homophobic trash in Tel Aviv. 

You would probably be surprised about the "acceptance" of LGBT individuals in a some Middle Eastern countries. 

If you ever travel to Kuwait you're in for quite the spectacle at most of the nicer hotels. 

Rich people from all of the region travel there to engange in a lot of kinky sex with prostitutes from all parts of the LGBT group.

And then there's the whole transgender acceptance thing in Iran. 

While Iran has quite the problem with homosexuals, they are very accepting of transgendered individuals. 

Mostly becuase they require homosexuals to enter into forced gender reassignemt surgery.

You can't be gay if we turn you into a women, I guess.  

13 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

There's any number of safer better things to have fun or deal with things in life so I wish people would stop thinking drugs are worth bothering with.  

Well, most people who turn to drugs are kinda troubled to begin with, and have probably already been failed by the system that was supposed to help them.

And that's not to mention that drugs give a very instant relief while therapy is a very long process. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

47 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

A lay off means you're been terminated but through no fault of your own. You get notice or termination pay (Between 3-12 months of employment, you get one weeks notice or one weeks pay, 1-3 years you get 2 weeks notice or 2 weeks pay, 3+ years it's 3 weeks and just counts up from there).  A TEMPORARY lay off is for a maximum of 13 months and your employer is saying they WILL bring you back, you then don't have to get notice or termination pay.  If the employer later changes their mind, you retroactively get termination pay.  There's also some other procedural differences.

This is speaking only for Ontario, Canada mind you.  Also, this is why you should learn your labor laws; Because they apply to you and some employees would be happy if you were super ignorant of them because it can be easier to exploit you.

Also, no you CAN'T be fired for asking questions.  But you CAN be fired 'just because'.  In short, it's not that an employer must have a reason to fire you, they can fire you for anything, but there are specific reasons that they CAN'T fire you.  Like for being LGBT, or trying to unionize, or protesting unsafe conditions, or refusing dangerous orders and such.  But if your head of HR decides they're bored and just want to see you cry for their entertainment by firing you?  They can fire you for that.  That's legal.  So they could have 'reasons' to fire you but pretend they have no reasons it's just 'Oh we need to shrink your department' or something.

I thought it was more common whether in Canada or the US for employers to need cause to legally fire you at least.

At least in areas that aren't at will employment.    

I suppose a layout might not need the same justification if it was because the company wasn't doing well or didn't have work for someone to do anymore.

From what you're saying they could in fact fire you for asking embarrassing questions but just that a lot of coworkers would know about it and from their support of you likely be super pissed if you got in trouble.  

15 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Well, most people who turn to drugs are kinda troubled to begin with, and have probably already been failed by the system that was supposed to help them.

And that's not to mention that drugs give a very instant relief while therapy is a very long process. 

Then better efforts need to be made to assist those people in getting help and keeping them away from drugs in the first place.

The easy way out is frequently the bad one.  

Either way drugs aren't the answer.  They're dangerous and unsafe to use.  

Expensive too.   

3 hours ago, Volbet said:

I guess being labled a liberal is still better than being labled a collectivist anarchist by the Political Compass. 

I'm a centrist based on Spekr whereas I'm a progressive based on political compass which seems more of a rip off of Ayn Rand's books.