LGBT community

carguy86
7 hours ago, Zorbeltuss said:

I wonder if it would accept it in passwords, doubtful, but it would be fun.

God, I want to try that now.

2 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Oh, it will accept it. It always will provided you can type it.

(I didn't type it, I copy pasted it)

15 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Aside from a little bit each of FFX and X-2, VII, and one other I forget which I haven't played most of them and WoFF is the first FF game I've completed.  ?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and XII are both my favorites.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I kinda regret dropping out of that Spanish elective during college.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, Daring said:

Someone in a Discord server I'm in just unironically tried to claim the Nintendo 64 was released in 1964 and not 1996, because Google reported incorrect information because of a troll edit on Wikipedia or something.

Nothing was as advanced as even the N64 back in the 1960s. It would have been an impossibility.

1964?  lol

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced and XII are both my favorites.

That's the first tactics FF game that was on the DS right?  I liked that one (I enjoy SRPGs)

I never played XII but I'm looking forward to giving the PS4 version a try.  

Is this a remake of XII or just a graphical update like X/X-2?

2 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

?

Did Luke make an LGBT related video?  I'm confused.  

8 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I kinda regret dropping out of that Spanish elective during college.

Why's that?  

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Why's that?  

Many employers, especially the ones who pay big tend to hire applicants who can speak more than two languages. 

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Many employers, especially the ones who pay big tend to hire applicants who can speak more than two languages. 

Because 1 or even 2 isn't enough?

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

1964?  lol

That's the first tactics FF game that was on the DS right?  I liked that one (I enjoy SRPGs)

I never played XII but I'm looking forward to giving the PS4 version a try.  

Is this a remake of XII or just a graphical update like X/X-2?

Probably just a graphical update, but on an emulator, it scales up extremely nicely. The visuals and art style were quite good running natively on the PS2, but the lack of resolution was the most glaring flaw. With the addition of higher resolution, I would say this game's visuals have aged quite well. While visuals aren't going to make one go "wow" (though the spell effects are pretty well-done), there are very few, if any visual flaws that would detract from the game itself. The texture work is quite good, and expected to have a resolution bump in the new release.

The story itself is fairly complex and involves a lot of politics, which some people may not like. The battle system, likewise, is also much different from prior (and future) Final Fantasy games, though it is also fairly flexible to suit a range of play styles. One can even put together their own tailored character AI that can be effective enough to take on bosses with no player input. The International release further improved the battle system compared to the original.

I don't plan on getting the PS4 version as 1: I don't have a PS4, and 2: I've already played through the International release with the English patch, of which the re-release is based upon.

My eyes see the past…

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Because 1 or even 2 isn't enough?

Yup. Besides, being a polyglot has its advantages especially when doing company-sponsored travel to a country where English is not the first language. So... "No hablo Español".

16 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Probably just a graphical update, but on an emulator, it scales up extremely nicely. The visuals and art style were quite good running natively on the PS2, but the lack of resolution was the most glaring flaw. With the addition of higher resolution, I would say this game's visuals have aged quite well. While visuals aren't going to make one go "wow" (though the spell effects are pretty well-done), there are very few, if any visual flaws that would detract from the game itself. The texture work is quite good, and expected to have a resolution bump in the new release.

The story itself is fairly complex and involves a lot of politics, which some people may not like. The battle system, likewise, is also much different from prior (and future) Final Fantasy games, though it is also fairly flexible to suit a range of play styles. One can even put together their own tailored character AI that can be effective enough to take on bosses with no player input. The International release further improved the battle system compared to the original.

I don't plan on getting the PS4 version as 1: I don't have a PS4, and 2: I've already played through the International release with the English patch, of which the re-release is based upon.

Adding a little extra wow may be part of what they're doing.  

What changes did the international release make to the battle system?

You could get a PS4?    They're shiny, black, have a sleek and pointy design, and best of all there's a 4 in the name.  How can you say no to that not a face?  ?

14 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Yup. Besides, being a polyglot has its advantages especially when doing company-sponsored travel to a country where English is not the first language. So... "No hablo Español".

Just move to Finland.  Or whichever country around there that has super happy workers.  

Problem solved.  ?

43 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Adding a little extra wow may be part of what they're doing.  

What changes did the international release make to the battle system?

You could get a PS4?    They're shiny, black, have a sleek and pointy design, and best of all there's a 4 in the name.  How can you say no to that not a face?  ?

My PS2 slim looks better. Also, since I already have my PC, I'd probably grab a Nintendo Switch before a PS4 (though a decent DSLR camera before either). 

The damage limit was a big change between the original and international. With three exceptions, the original had the 9999 damage limit. Late game, combo heavy weapons are favored for damage output as a result, and Magick became quite underpowered against single foes. 

Lifting this limit allows weapons such as greatswords a chance to shine. However, Black Magic with staves becomes quite broken, as stacking staves with weaknesses allows 6x damage. While my greatsword user is hitting for 1.5k of damage a hit, my black mage is striking down things with 10k damage. 

Speaking of black mage, the international version also brought in the job system. Rather than have all your characters be reasonably competent in virtually everything, they take on much more specialized roles. It would take too much time on my phone to discuss the effects and ramifications this new job setup had on a battle system not designed for it. 

My eyes see the past…

5 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

My PS2 slim looks better. Also, since I already have my PC, I'd probably grab a Nintendo Switch before a PS4 (though a decent DSLR camera before either). 

The damage limit was a big change between the original and international. With three exceptions, the original had the 9999 damage limit. Late game, combo heavy weapons are favored for damage output as a result, and Magick became quite underpowered against single foes. 

Lifting this limit allows weapons such as greatswords a chance to shine. However, Black Magic with staves becomes quite broken, as stacking staves with weaknesses allows 6x damage. While my greatsword user is hitting for 1.5k of damage a hit, my black mage is striking down things with 10k damage. 

Speaking of black mage, the international version also brought in the job system. Rather than have all your characters be reasonably competent in virtually everything, they take on much more specialized roles. It would take too much time on my phone to discuss the effects and ramifications this new job setup had on a battle system not designed for it. 

I'd say a original PS2 is better than a slim one.  Didn't the slim one get super hot and/or have overheating issues because it either lacked a fan or had to use a super tiny fan?

A PC is different from having a PS4 but having other priorities isn't bad.  

I'll have to remember to ask you more about tips and tricks once I get XII. 

Pretty much all I know is the battle system is some oddball automated yet manual input thing and there's a really pretty bunny girl.  I like bunny girls.  ?

Idk if it's because of the bunny girl (Fran I think her name might be?) but I really want to like XII.  

Would you know of a review or something that can explain the effects and ramifications the job system has on this battle system that's not designed for it?

Unless you'd feel like discussing that another time?    If XII is one of your favorite FF games I suspect you might have an interest in talking about it.  

25 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd say a original PS2 is better than a slim one.  Didn't the slim one get super hot and/or have overheating issues because it either lacked a fan or had to use a super tiny fan?

A PC is different from having a PS4 but having other priorities isn't bad.  

I'll have to remember to ask you more about tips and tricks once I get XII. 

Pretty much all I know is the battle system is some oddball automated yet manual input thing and there's a really pretty bunny girl.  I like bunny girls.  ?

Idk if it's because of the bunny girl (Fran I think her name might be?) but I really want to like XII.  

Would you know of a review or something that can explain the effects and ramifications the job system has on this battle system that's not designed for it?

Unless you'd feel like discussing that another time?    If XII is one of your favorite FF games I suspect you might have an interest in talking about it.  

Pretty sure a certain run or model number had overheating issues (before overheat protection was ever a thing). Last I recall, mine was not among these, and I bought it used a decade ago.

I do prefer the PC due to the vast library of games available, including those of years past, and games that can now be emulated at full speed and good accuracy.

Final Fantasy XII seems to be a game many either love or hate. It is different enough that it could hardly be compared with older Final Fantasy games, or even the newer ones though. FF XII tops my list for favorite game however, so to say I'm familiar with the game as I am with the back of my hand is a bit of an understatement.

Fran is an interesting character, and though of few words (and questionable clothing choices), she is, oddly, the one I can empathize the most with. She is cold to those she isn't familiar with, though will give her all to those she trusts, skilled in practical pursuits, and in one particular part, she discusses how she had cut away her past to win her freedom. A very unfortunate weakness within the storyline is failure to touch upon her character any further than this, however.

The original ability license system allowed (with accumulation of LP) every character to take on literally every role and equip every weapon and armor. Each character has the same ability license board (which, with LP, unlocks abilities, spells, weapons, etc). In the early game, this wasn't as big of an issue as LP limits allow some incentive to diversify your characters into more specialized roles, though grinding, or just getting into the late game quickly overcomes this incentive. The job system enforces specialized roles by by providing separate license boards for each class.

However, players new to the series will not be familiar with the different job classes available. For those that have played the original, this is of no concern, as players know what to expect, and form roles to how they want to play. While technically speaking, it is possible to clear the game with any combination of job classes, or even all of a single class, it can make the game a lot more difficult and confusing from the beginning.

Going further, another consideration is that the job system not only enforces class roles, but it also makes those roles considerably stronger in performing those roles than in the original. As a result, with a well-composed team, it becomes quite easy to overpower much of the storyline quests and bosses.

Though I've doubts the weaknesses in the storyline can be feasibly addressed, I am curious as to what will be done to make the game more accessible to new players, and what further balance changes will be made.

My eyes see the past…

10 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

You missed the giant googly eye

And the giant Elmer's glue stick...

Though it is probably all smaller than what the camera perceives it as.

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Pretty sure a certain run or model number had overheating issues (before overheat protection was ever a thing). Last I recall, mine was not among these, and I bought it used a decade ago.

I do prefer the PC due to the vast library of games available, including those of years past, and games that can now be emulated at full speed and good accuracy.

Final Fantasy XII seems to be a game many either love or hate. It is different enough that it could hardly be compared with older Final Fantasy games, or even the newer ones though. FF XII tops my list for favorite game however, so to say I'm familiar with the game as I am with the back of my hand is a bit of an understatement.

Fran is an interesting character, and though of few words (and questionable clothing choices), she is, oddly, the one I can empathize the most with. She is cold to those she isn't familiar with, though will give her all to those she trusts, skilled in practical pursuits, and in one particular part, she discusses how she had cut away her past to win her freedom. A very unfortunate weakness within the storyline is failure to touch upon her character any further than this, however.

The original ability license system allowed (with accumulation of LP) every character to take on literally every role and equip every weapon and armor. Each character has the same ability license board (which, with LP, unlocks abilities, spells, weapons, etc). In the early game, this wasn't as big of an issue as LP limits allow some incentive to diversify your characters into more specialized roles, though grinding, or just getting into the late game quickly overcomes this incentive. The job system enforces specialized roles by by providing separate license boards for each class.

However, players new to the series will not be familiar with the different job classes available. For those that have played the original, this is of no concern, as players know what to expect, and form roles to how they want to play. While technically speaking, it is possible to clear the game with any combination of job classes, or even all of a single class, it can make the game a lot more difficult and confusing from the beginning.

Going further, another consideration is that the job system not only enforces class roles, but it also makes those roles considerably stronger in performing those roles than in the original. As a result, with a well-composed team, it becomes quite easy to overpower much of the storyline quests and bosses.

Though I've doubts the weaknesses in the storyline can be feasibly addressed, I am curious as to what will be done to make the game more accessible to new players, and what further balance changes will be made.

What makes XII your favorite game?  

You must love it a lot to be so familiar with it.  ?

I assume by questionable you mean fanservice level revealing without any reason to be?

Hopefully her clothing is at least appropriate in some way to her character.  

Little off-topic yet relevant: as a guy who likes girls revealing can be nice I won't lie.  Though as I progressed past being a horny teenager years ago (29 now) I've come to realize that a girl doesn't have to show lots of skin to look beautiful.  Like Aoi in the anime series Ai Yori Aoshi. (one of my all time favorite anime)  She's beautiful and adorable while wearing a kimono that covers her quite completely.  

What makes you say it's odd for you to empathize with most in XII?

Hmmm..  I'm definitely not familiar with FF classes (or are they called jobs?) so would you say getting the guide would be a good idea?

I hope typing all that on your phone didn't cause you much trouble.  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What makes XII your favorite game?  

You must love it a lot to be so familiar with it.  ?

I assume by questionable you mean fanservice level revealing without any reason to be?

Hopefully her clothing is at least appropriate in some way to her character.  

Little off-topic yet relevant: as a guy who likes girls revealing can be nice I won't lie.  Though as I progressed past being a horny teenager years ago (29 now) I've come to realize that a girl doesn't have to show lots of skin to look beautiful.  Like Aoi in the anime series Ai Yori Aoshi. (one of my all time favorite anime)  She's beautiful and adorable while wearing a kimono that covers her quite completely.  

What makes you say it's odd for you to empathize with most in XII?

Hmmm..  I'm definitely not familiar with FF classes (or are they called jobs?) so would you say getting the guide would be a good idea?

I hope typing all that on your phone didn't cause you much trouble.  ?

Well, the last post was on my keyboard.

As for needing a guide, I'd wait and see how the new release addresses the above concerns. If a game requires a guide for new players, there's an accessibility issue. The original didn't have this concern, but the international version practically expects you to be familiar with the original.

Classes == Jobs

As for Fran, much like myself, she is a character with few skills beyond practical pursuits. Also like myself, she is indifferent toward those she distrusts, and speaks relatively little of herself. And much like what I ponder, she's cut away a significant portion of her life to move forward (though I won't spoil). I consider it odd that it happens to be the fanservice character that is closest to myself.

My eyes see the past…