LGBT community

carguy86

Wow, has anyone seen the comment war on the recent YouTube #ProudToBe video? It's INSANE!

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Tibbles said:

Youtube has been trying to shove their own political views down people's throats lately, something which is extremely unnecessary.

Yeah, they've started a massive war in the comments of that video. The like/dislike ratio a few minutes ago was so bad. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

12 minutes ago, Tibbles said:

It was the same thing with the "MoreThanARefugee" video, trying to make everything look like it's good by cherry picking a few people and not actually showing reality.

You know what I didn't see in their agenda pushing for the LGBT community? This video.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Tibbles said:

Youtube (and google) are not going to stop as long as there is (((someone))) paying them.

tbh I thought your political views were more liberal

Just now, Tibbles said:

I'm a centrist

o

I was pretty left-leaning before, but this past election cycle shifted me to the center. So much shit-flinging from both sides, I don't wanna be associated with either anymore.

Also why I'm the only independent in a family of Democrats.

17 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

I compressed my cat earlier, but all it did was make her annoyed. ‘Twas fun.

"I still want to hear what a raccoon sounds like compressed 6:1"

unrelated, and on the political topic, it's like the UV scale.  You're views might not have changed, but you still move on the scale because the scale grows as people get more insane stretching it wider and wider every day.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

5 hours ago, wcreek said:

American English, the best form of English. /s

I think Sister-in-Christ and GOP high priestess Sarah Palin would agree with that.

1 hour ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Wow, has anyone seen the comment war on the recent YouTube #ProudToBe video? It's INSANE!

Haven't seen that. I only know that the Philadelphia LGBT group bastardized the LGBT rainbow flag and added black and brown which doesn't make sense because the rainbow flag wasn't about race and it's an insult to the memory of Gilbert Baker. The colors actually have meaning and it has nothing to do with race. 

Red = Life

Orange = Healing

Yellow = Sunlight

Green = Nature

Blue = Serenity

Violet = Spirit

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

unrelated, and on the political topic, it's like the UV scale.  You're views might not have changed, but you still move on the scale because the scale grows as people get more insane stretching it wider and wider every day.

I was a staunch liberal few years ago, now I think I'm still am but few of my opinions have changed because of the changing landscape. 5952de48886b3_Screenshot(163).png.94d4efe256b9944aca7ba568654c1675.png5952de4a18d73_Screenshot(164).png.d096d1caf6141130390433bb71399b8b.png

Although I still adhere into liberal principles even though some of my political opinions have changed:

• Single payer universal healthcare
  • Affordable and accessible college
  • I'm pro-choice
  • Ending war on drugs
  • Legalization of marijuana
  • Legalizing same sex marriage 
  • Protecting the environment

But I also believe in free speech as a human right. Unfortunately, a lot of liberals and leftists have succumbed to political correctness and became regressive SJWs who loves to lump people in groups instead of judging them based on individual actions (aka identity politics).

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Politics discussion all b& 

mod abuse!!!!!!!!!11

17 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

That's odd that Tel Aviv in Israel is more LGBT friendly than San Francisco or NYC.

Why?  Israel is rebound for it's LGBT friendliness.  Tel Aviv is the host of World Pride this year.  The LGBT have have served openly in the IDF since 1993.

The nation's tourism ministry literally advertises it's LGBT friendliness.

5952fc5fd8761_1360dd2eabdbf319c96de44e368892911.jpg.ec852c3737377768e0d6dfd2f8276d5c.jpg

You have to remember that the scoring system includes the human rights laws and such of the nation which the city resides in.  United States overall score with LGBT rights?  Not quite the best.  

3 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Why?  Israel is rebound for it's LGBT friendliness.  Tel Aviv is the host of World Pride this year.  The LGBT have have served openly in the IDF since 1993.

The nation's tourism ministry literally advertises it's LGBT friendliness.

You have to remember that the scoring system includes the human rights laws and such of the nation which the city resides in.  United States overall score with LGBT rights?  Not quite the best.  

I'm just surprised that a Middle East country outperformed America in LGBT rights. I guess there aren't too much crazy far right homophobic trash in Tel Aviv. 

———————

Meanwhile, I was rewatching this video from Linus when they're selling blueberries. Linus mentioned about licensing to sell. Does Canada require a license to operate even something as small as a front lawn lemonade stand? 

8 hours ago, Daring said:

I was pretty left-leaning before, but this past election cycle shifted me to the center. So much shit-flinging from both sides, I don't wanna be associated with either anymore.

Also why I'm the only independent in a family of Democrats.

I'm almost certain that I, my mother, and my dumbass brother are quite possibly the only democrats vs our entire extended family that I know of being filthy republicans.  

My mother was a teacher until she retired not long ago yet most of our relatives and even my father are part of the party that thinks teachers are greedy and evil.  ?

I'll stop there.  *This has been a mini rant brought to you by teachers.  They help you learn important stuff so treat them well.*  

6 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

I think Sister-in-Christ and GOP high priestess Sarah Palin would agree with that.

Haven't seen that. I only know that the Philadelphia LGBT group bastardized the LGBT rainbow flag and added black and brown which doesn't make sense because the rainbow flag wasn't about race and it's an insult to the memory of Gilbert Baker. The colors actually have meaning and it has nothing to do with race. 

Red = Life

Orange = Healing

Yellow = Sunlight

Green = Nature

Blue = Serenity

Violet = Spirit

I was a staunch liberal few years ago, now I think I'm still am but few of my opinions have changed because of the changing landscape. 

Although I still adhere into liberal principles even though some of my political opinions have changed:

• Single payer universal healthcare
  • Affordable and accessible college
  • I'm pro-choice
  • Ending war on drugs
  • Legalization of marijuana
  • Legalizing same sex marriage 
  • Protecting the environment

But I also believe in free speech as a human right. Unfortunately, a lot of liberals and leftists have succumbed to political correctness and became regressive SJWs who loves to lump people in groups instead of judging them based on individual actions (aka identity politics).

Marijuana is bad unless it's for medicine.  And even then there's kinds of it that have been created to remove the stuff that gets you high while still having the stuff that acts as medicine so there's no legit excuse to get high from this stuff.

6 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Oh gosh… my fiancé wants to direct a short erotic film starring me when I visit him…

?

I would say don't do that.  It sounds like a really bad idea.  Possibly even potential blackmail fuel.

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

"To-ron-ah!"?    What is that supposed to mean?  ?

@Daring Out of the Final Fantasy games on steam which are the ones worth having?

In case there's any iffy ones that FF fans like to pretend don't exist.  lol 

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

@Daring Out of the Final Fantasy games on steam which are the ones worth having?

Final Fantasy IX.

Just now, Nicholatian said:

Why the hell do you think my fiancé would ever think of doing something like that to me? Do you realise we’re betrothed? That we trust each other more than anyone else? He’s not some friends-with-benefits here, man. It’s not like that, and it’s never been like that.

My aunt was married to my uncle for a decent number of years, had 2 kids with him, home, 2 dogs, complete with house a fence.  Up and divorced him within the last year.

Being engaged doesn't mean caution isn't warranted.  Especially with questionable suggestions like this.

Trust isn't always as strong an indicator of good intentions as it might seem.

That's not to say this person isn't trustworthy.  I merely gave my opinion of the idea.  You're free to ignore it.

You haven't met this person face to face correct?    I don't believe you can truly and completely get a read on a person unless you're standing in front of them.  Had too many internet only so-called friends turn on me.  People I thought I could trust.

Though more recently two people I thought were safe to fully trust have given me reason to question if I'm broken and can't correctly judge the true intentions of others.  Like I'm secretly hardcore autistic and will never know for certain if people think well of me.

One has stopped talking to me, last I talked to this person they claimed they were going through stuff but refused to tell me what, so idk what's going on or if we're even still friends.

The other, from my perspective just about my one and only close friend, I thought the one person I had finally found who wouldn't just ever walk away from our friendship has made me worry if she plans to do exactly that.  She's said things that really hurt me and idk why she would say them.

Her father died as I've mentioned but if that has anything to do with this then it's not fair to take her pain out on me.  

So I hope you can understand why I'd worry about your SO's intentions whether or not there's actually any reason to worry.  

I apologize if I offended you.  That was not my intent.  

4 hours ago, Nicholatian said:

Here’s another gay photo for your collection:

Hide contents

self-session.jpg

Don’t think I posted it here before… but it’s on a few Discord guilds.

Holy hotness batman!

1498629644903524067909.thumb.jpg.991f2ef9ccb081f0c5bab01f27b02f2b.jpg

I approve of the hair!

4 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Got it.  What about the rest?

Maybe VII and VIII as well. Ignore XIII and its sequels.

9 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

"To-ron-ah!"?    What is that supposed to mean?  ?

I thunk the right way pronounce it with a silent "T". Just like cupboard but pronounced as "\ˈkə-bərd\" with a silent "P". 

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Marijuana is bad unless it's for medicine.  And even then there's kinds of it that have been created to remove the stuff that gets you high while still having the stuff that acts as medicine so there's no legit excuse to get high from this stuff.

While I don't think marijuana can cure cancer (especially the proponents of the pseudoscience treatment Rick Simpson Oil), marijuana can actually be used to treat other addictions like opiate addiction. To be honest, cigarette smoke by burning tobacco is more likely to kill a person than snorting marijuana. Also, alcohol is way more addicting than marijuana and alcohol can kill a person. In fact, a near blackout drunk person is more likely to kill someone in comparison to someone stoned because of marijuana. Terminal cancer patients can actually benefit from it since it decreases nausea and other side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. 

Do I want high school students and kids getting access to this? No. I think it should be restricted to young people. Do I want incarceration for adults wanting to use recreational marijuana? No. It's too hypocritical and too much double standards that few way more dangerous substances like vodka and cigars are legal but marijuana is not. Would I condone the use of marijuana at work places like an office? No. I think marijuana should not be taken while working just like alcohol. Governments all over the world are spending way too much money and manpower on "war on drugs" but always coming up with unsatisfactory results. Just look at President Richard Nixon, was he able to stop "crack and crystal meth" production in America? No. I'd rather approach the problem of drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem. That's why I greatly condemn Philippine president's war on drugs since historically, it will never work and causes way too many deaths at an alarming rate and greatly ignores science based methods that are more humane and more effective. 

7 minutes ago, Daring said:

Maybe VII and VIII as well. Ignore XIII and its sequels.

VI and earlier?

Funny thing: due to a couple SE online store blind game bundles I have XIII-2 and that Lightning Returns thing.  

But I don't have XIII on PC.  lol      I might have it on PS3 though.  ?

Why ignore XIII and its sequels?

5 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

I thunk the right way pronounce it with a silent "T". Just like cupboard but pronounced as "\ˈkə-bərd\" with a silent "P". 

While I don't think marijuana can cure cancer (especially the proponents of the pseudoscience treatment Rick Simpson Oil), marijuana can actually be used to treat other addictions like opiate addiction. To be honest, cigarette smoke by burning tobacco is more likely to kill a person than snorting marijuana. Also, alcohol is way more addicting than marijuana and alcohol can kill a person. In fact, a near blackout drunk person is more likely to kill someone in comparison to someone stoned because of marijuana. Terminal cancer patients can actually benefit from it since it decreases nausea and other side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. 

Do I want high school students and kids getting access to this? No. I think it should be restricted to young people. Do I want incarceration for adults wanting to use recreational marijuana? No. It's too hypocritical and too much double standards that few way more dangerous substances like vodka and cigars are legal but marijuana is not. Would I condone the use of marijuana at work places like an office? No. I think marijuana should not be taken while working just like alcohol. Governments all over the world are spending way too much money and manpower on "war on drugs" but always coming up with unsatisfactory results. Just look at President Richard Nixon, was he able to stop "crack and crystal meth" production in America? No. I'd rather approach the problem of drugs as a medical problem rather than a criminal problem. That's why I greatly condemn Philippine president's war on drugs since historically, it will never work and causes way too many deaths at an alarming rate and greatly ignores science based methods that are more humane and more effective. 

O ron ah doesn't make sense either...   I must be misunderstanding something.

While I doubt it's possible to 100% keep any illegal drugs off the streets I don't think it's bad to try to do we can to limit it as much as possible.  It's not just the actual drugs themselves but also that those making them could put things in them that make dying from using them very likely.  I don't think ignoring that risk is wise.

The less drugs on the streets and especially tainted ones the better off people will be.  

Yes alcohol can be bad too but it's not as bad as hard drugs.  

I do have a drink here and there but I'm not a strong fan of alcohol.  I could easily never have alcohol ever again and be perfectly happy.  

I much prefer Vanilla Coke.  Soda is better than alcohol by far.  I can all the soda I want and won't have anything happen beyond a sugar rush if anything.  ?