LGBT community

carguy86

Yes, the one lying down must be albino.

Not really. Albino implies the lack of pigment in the skin.

After staying inside for a few days during winter i can get close to that level of pale.

But a few hours in the sun and i'm back in action.

I burn ridiculously easy though... 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not really. Albino implies the lack of pigment in the skin.

After staying inside for a few days during winter i can get close to that level of pale.

But a few hours in the sun and i'm back in action.

I burn ridiculously easy though...

We seem to share the same trait. I'm not quite an albino, but I don't quite like staying outside in direct sunlight. I prefer shady areas.

Ok, so as pale as an albino.

Not quite albino. Albinos can't take much sunlight, as they lack the skin's countermeasures to prevent skin burns and UV-light. Also because of this, they are more prone to getting skin cancer from the UV-light.

People up north (like in TechSwede's case, Sweden) usually tend to have light pigment in their skin, but they are not albino. It helps absorbing vitamin D, which isn't as plentiful as in for example near the equator, especially during winters, so it's the result of simply adapting to the environment. Take that person to somewhere where sunlight is plentiful, and they will get their skin tone darker that it used to be, as they no-longer need to get vitamin D from sunlight nearly as efficiently anymore.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

First transgender and now transracial. "I was born a white man but I'm really a lesbian Eskimo so please address me as such." LOL! I can understand and accept the transgendered thing and I'm fine with it, but transracial is taking it to far.

Custom Loop

4790K - Titan X - 16GB Vengeance 1866 - Asus Vii Hero - EVGA G2 850w - Samsung Evo 500gb - Corsair 760T - ROG SWIFT

First transgender and now transracial. "I was born a white man but I'm really a lesbian Eskimo so please address me as such." LOL! I can understand and accept the transgendered thing and I'm fine with it, but transracial is taking it to far.

Transgender refers to reasonably grounded medical evidence and psychological evaluation. The concept of race however is more or less entirely socially constructed around the idea that skin colour marks some significant difference between Humans. ie beyond skin colour its basically nonsense. Thus the whole transracial thing can be dismissed. Unless of course you're Michael Jackson. 

/prepare for flames

Edit: Thought: If we assume that race is a social construct with no basis in reason or science then it really doesn't matter what people call themselves in that regard. Frell it, I'm a Vulcan! 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Transgender refers to reasonably grounded medical evidence and psychological evaluation. The concept of race however is more or less entirely socially constructed around the idea that skin colour marks some significant difference between Humans. ie beyond skin colour its basically nonsense. Thus the whole transracial thing can be dismissed. Unless of course you're Michael Jackson. 

/prepare for flames

Edit: Thought: If we assume that race is a social construct with no basis in reason or science then it really doesn't matter what people call themselves in that regard. Frell it, I'm a Vulcan! 

I sexually identify as a tractor. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It seemed to me that I was between a 9 and a 10 on the darkness scale:

http://www.themenpen.com/

First I ordered a 10, but then cancelled and went with a 9 instead.

I'm not personally a huge fan of makeup, but that looks like something somewhat useful for video production.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Is no one else going to say it?

100-kranz-550x508.jpg

We've managed to hit 100 pages!

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Yes, the one lying down must be albino.

I'm pretty sure Albino people don't lie down sunbathing ... If they did ... Their skin would burn and vision will be impared ... 

Yay ? 

Yay !

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I sexually identify as a pile driver

Caterpillar_385C_L_with_Junttan_pile_dri

Because i can pound aaall night long

GIF-happy-happy-dance-oh-yeah-GIF.gif

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

well then i sexually identify as a parking-space for tractors.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

-snip-

thats so 1992, you are old news!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

-snip-

I like that... It makes me look less white... LOL. I am part Irish, Part Native American. I did not get color from the native american in me. 

I like that... It makes me look less white... LOL. I am part Irish, Part Native American. I did not get color from the native american in me. 

I'm a huge smattering of European. I'm British, Irish, Swiss, German, Dutch, and maybe more!

I'm a huge smattering of European. I'm British, Irish, Swiss, German, Dutch, and maybe more!

it is kind of an odd combo, my mom is Irish, my dad is native american (mostly). Obviously both met in America.  xD

I'm german, danish, swedish and norwegian. Almost a complete viking xD 

But since there is some german in there i'm a viking with a drinking problem 

I'm German, Polish, Italian, Scottish, English and Hungarian, if we're talking about our familial origins. The most influential side though is German; my last name is German, my great grandfather's name was Johannes (which became John in English) and we have this cane from Thuringia, Germany, formerly owned by a distant relative in the 1880s.

I'm wishing I was Canadian. Screw British. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm Trans* - specifically a transwoman, pre-HRT.

My coming out involves me essentially spending almost 5 years in extreme (and increasing) pain and worry over who I really was, culminating in me 'coming out' to my great friend & HR manager at my tech job first. Then, about 5 hours later, getting drunk and telling my best friend of the time.

I'm actually in the process of documenting my transition (tell my story in more depth) and discussing the issues related to transitioning (depression, social issues, etc) on my YouTube channel. Below are the video's I'd suggest you check out first:

KQxV9KL.png

Fair warning, the last one there (The Transmisogyny Funtime Hour) is a 18 minute unscripted affair... so... yeah, watch at your own peril.

- J

Media Producer & PC Enthusiast

Click here for my The Red Shift Build Log thread, or click here for my Lancelot HTPC Build Log.

[removed]

An honest answer would be the fact that for so long, people who full under the LGBT banner have faced legal restrictions (same-sex partners not receiving the same tax benefits, or medical kin-ship, etc as heterosexual partners), physical abuse & death (through direct attack, through suicide due to pressure & verbal abuse, etc), and segregation in communities (through the creation of 'gay bars' as safe havens outside their homes, as they couldn't afford to be 'out' in most public spaces).

With (most) people becoming either more open-minded, or just the influx of a generally more progressive generation of people, we're seeing more people demonstrating 'pride' as a way of; a) shaking off the last 50-60 years of general oppression and aggression towards their community, and 2) As a way of demonstrating that they won't allow others to put them down, mock them for who they were born as, or let their hate make their lives miserable.

The reason you don't see 'straight pride' as a thing in the world is that straight people (mostly white, largely men) have had no real adversity for being just that, where as white gay men, or black transwomen, or whomever have had decades (or longer) abuse from both the strangers in the world at large, as well as at home, for just being themselves.

Let me put it in this scenario: how often do you hear stories about teenagers who have been kicked out, or even killed themselves due to the abuse thrown at them for simply being gay. Now ask yourself, how often you've heard a story about a kid who's been bullied out of their family, or tried to attempt suicide for being born straight.

Pride is a form of social protest - it is a way for them to declare firmly and emphatically that they are real people who deserve to be treated as such, in response to doubt or accusation to the contrary..

I hope that helps give you a but more understanding :) If you'd actually like to learn more, I've got some great resources i can share you with you.

Cheers,

J

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed quoted post.

Media Producer & PC Enthusiast

Click here for my The Red Shift Build Log thread, or click here for my Lancelot HTPC Build Log.

[removed]

Your example of a couple that has gotten attention is the wrong example. Not every couple or gay person gets glamorized by people for being gay/etc. If you live in the Conservative American South people LGBT would lead a quiet life to quite literally not get shot. There were and still are people against it. Come to America and it's existent even though it recently began legal nationally to marry someone of the same sex. Straight people have had that right for quite some time.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed quoted post.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The parades are more like protests in disguise. I see them as similar to when women used to march through the streets for women's suffrage.

Linus is my fetish.