LGBT community

carguy86

Nooooo, I'm out of bananas :(

I have to eat special K without ... Ewwwww.

Linus is my fetish.

Use chocolate chips and have no regrets 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

No sugar, except for that which is within the fruit.

Gotta make it to at least 2 weeks, which is 8 more days.

Linus is my fetish.

"Age is just a number."

~ Ubisoft

So are FPS ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

better than yogurt without granola

I don't like bananas anyways sooooo...

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I knew I was gay when I was 4. I was ogling over the men's underwear sections of clothes magazines since 5 or 6.

your replies make me think you're in satire, but theres such scincerity that i doubt either possibility and just giggle. xD 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

We need a discussion topic...

What is the general attitude towards LGBT people in your neck of the woods?

Portland where I live as well as @BurgerBum has a super tolerance and appreciation for them :D

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

well this seems like a fun time to join this thread. 

hi, someone give me a one paragraph run down of whats happening. 

*follows thread* 

Hello, @BurgerBum

Due to earlier discussions here about gender identity and such (page 102), how are your experiences as transgender? Anything you find to be better than before? Anything you regret? How social situations differ from normal,? How does it show psychologically and socially? At what point of life did you wonder about it and decide to do it?...

Pardon my curiosity. No need to answer any of the questions, but I am just curious about your experiences as transgender.

Portland where I live as well as @BurgerBum has a super tolerance and appreciation for them  :D

Considering that I live in a somewhat rural area... lets just say some dense people are homophobic for no reason (also somewhat racist, but that's another topic entirely), but most civilized people don't care, as long as you are not showing it down their throats (like with gay parades. Not saying they are bad, but some people don't really like them).

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

-snip-

TBH I think a lot of the "older generation" isn't as accepting of (insert anything not hetero here) because of the lack of exposure and from growing up in a time where "queer isn't okay"(along with many other things not being okay, even though they are basic human rights). For people like this I like to tell them "Unless if you have been in my shoes you don't know what I've been through and how I actually feel" (or in the case of it being a commercial, it would be "they/them"). And for the "they are too young to make a decision like this", are people "too young" to decide they are hetero? It just makes people think. Really you should just be understanding with your mum since the older generation thing, but opening her eyes ins't a bad thing if you do it in a respectful/peaceful manor.

And here is a bonus picture, since it is so true in many ways:

x4orEV4.png

Portland where I live as well as @BurgerBum has a super tolerance and appreciation for them :D

not with my family! xP 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Hello, @BurgerBum

Due to earlier discussions here about gender identity and such (page 102), how are your experiences as transgender? Anything you find to be better than before? Anything you regret? How social situations differ from normal,? How does it show psychologically and socially? At what point of life did you wonder about it and decide to do it?...

Pardon my curiosity. No need to answer any of the questions, but I am just curious about your experiences as transgender.

horrible. 

i lost the only two female partners i truly loved and the other 3 of my friends ive gained over my entire life over it. 

my family constantly shames and insults me for simply having long hair. if i told them i dont identify as male, theres no telling what they'd do. 

its pisses me off to no end seeing my figure in the mirror. i tell myself im proud of what little i do have in terms of feminine qualities but i still refrain from even looking at anything reflective. 

i could go on about how ive accomplished literally nothing on my journey to eventually getting on HRT since i realized my body doesnt match up with who i am, what... 10 years ago? 

but there is a happy side. 

@Jack.EXE

every time we talk he makes me feel beautiful and he makes me feel like i still have hope to reach my goals. 

its changed how i talk to people alot actually. physically only though. i havent metnally changed at all really. 

i try to stay in the top 30% of my vocal register. ( at all times really) though i do need to relax my voice when around family, so i dont end up getting yelled at, but still. 

at what point in my life? the second i realized shit wasnt how it should be. i was 6-7ish. im 16.6 right now. 

(hah... a mature-techy way of saying im 16 and a half. xP ) 

so yeah. 

-Jim Hensen

In general, because of "me being me"(there is a whole lot you guys don't know about me) I get lots of looks, even some bad comments, but overall its not too bad. In the area I'm at now(since I have recently moved), people accept it more, but there is still the occasional person that is either unaware or has comments.

snip

i didnt choose trans life. 

trans life chose me. 

/meme lel 

but seriously. pisses me off to no relief that i have to deal with this. 

-Jim Hensen

horrible. 

i lost the only two female partners i truly loved and the other 3 of my friends ive gained over my entire life over it. 

my family constantly shames and insults me for simply having long hair. if i told them i dont identify as male, theres no telling what they'd do. 

its pisses me off to no end seeing my figure in the mirror. i tell myself im proud of what little i do have in terms of feminine qualities but i still refrain from even looking at anything reflective. 

i could go on about how ive accomplished literally nothing on my journey to eventually getting on HRT since i realized my body doesnt match up with who i am, what... 10 years ago? 

but there is a happy side. 

@Jack.EXE

every time we talk he makes me feel beautiful and he makes me feel like i still have hope to reach my goals. 

its changed how i talk to people alot actually. physically only though. i havent metnally changed at all really. 

i try to stay in the top 30% of my vocal register. ( at all times really) though i do need to relax my voice when around family, so i dont end up getting yelled at, but still. 

at what point in my life? the second i realized shit wasnt how it should be. i was 6-7ish. im 16.6 right now. 

(hah... a mature-techy way of saying im 16 and a half. xP ) 

so yeah. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Extra knowledge doesn't hurt, unlike how some people might think.

Sounds like your life doesn't seem too pleasant. I don't have such issues, as I am mostly ignored by everyone, except local bullies. Also a lack of friends doesn't really bother me, but having a good friend or two wouldn't hurt.

When it comes to gender identity though... I have mentioned it 3 pages before and I'll say it again, that I don't really identify as either gender. Biologically it's very obvious that I am a man, and thus will have to obey the laws and obligations regarding that, but the identity-wise it's neutral. Not really planning on HRT, as again, I'm unable to pick sides, plus it's too late for it now (I'm 18 now). Besides, I find being a male more advantageous and/or easier compared to a transgender female, so I'll stay as I am now. If the change was perfect, then it would be a harder choice.

By the way, how's the voice? People in public be surprised by your surprisingly low-tone voice, or it it even as low-toned as an average man? And do you like / dislike your voice as it is or wished it was different in some way?

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Melbourne is fine basically. As one of the largest cities its kind of expected. Curiously our marches for marriage equality regularly outnumber the more populous Sydney.

Even out here in the west(typically lower socio-economic and much more culturally diverse) I feel generally safe walking around. 

That all said there are still incidences of violence against LGBTI people, hence the many marches for equality and pride. The hypothesis goes that once legal equality is achieved and as time passes violence against our particular sets of Human diversity will diminish.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. Extra knowledge doesn't hurt, unlike how some people might think.

Sounds like your life doesn't seem too pleasant. I don't have such issues, as I am mostly ignored by everyone, except local bullies. Also a lack of friends doesn't really bother me, but having a good friend or two wouldn't hurt.

When it comes to gender identity though... I have mentioned it 3 pages before and I'll say it again, that I don't really identify as either gender. Biologically it's very obvious that I am a man, and thus will have to obey the laws and obligations regarding that, but the identity-wise it's neutral. Not really planning on HRT, as again, I'm unable to pick sides, plus it's too late for it now (I'm 18 now). Besides, I find being a male more advantageous and/or easier compared to a transgender female, so I'll stay as I am now. If the change was perfect, then it would be a harder choice.

By the way, how's the voice? People in public be surprised by your surprisingly low-tone voice, or it it even as low-toned as an average man? And do you like / dislike your voice as it is or wished it was different in some way?

i hate my voice with a passion. 

ideally i dont talk. and when i do its in that op 30% of my register. (not including my inhale range. i can go as high as a dog whistle inhaling x'D ) 

when im soft spoken it naturally stays high, but if i try to yell over a distance it gets deep. and i find, i beat myself up for not just going to the person and saying it quietly rather than yelling, more than people are surprised. 

-Jim Hensen

ideally i dont talk. and when i do its in that op 30% of my register. (not including my inhale range. i can go as high as a dog whistle inhaling x'D ) 

when im soft spoken it naturally stays high, but if i try to yell over a distance it gets deep. and i find, i beat myself up for not just going to the person and saying it quietly rather than yelling, more than people are surprised. 

Just what I expected. If I were you, I would do the same: not talking, unless absolutely necessary, and when that happens, try to fake the voice somehow.

Too bad there aren't ways to change how you sound like (other than stay mute), or at least revert the changes done to the vocal cords caused by testosterone during puberty stage of male teens. It's actually one of the main reasons why I wouldn't switch genders if I had the chance. But if that wasn't the problem, it would be almost 50/50 choice, but still leaning towards male end of the spectrum for the physical and social benefits (no, not meaning financial benefits, despite it using similar term, but that could count too, considering average salary differences between the two genders..)

Just what I expected. If I were you, I would do the same: not talking, unless absolutely necessary, and when that happens, try to fake the voice somehow.

Too bad there aren't ways to change how you sound like (other than stay mute), or at least revert the changes done to the vocal cords caused by testosterone during puberty stage of male teens. It's actually one of the main reasons why I wouldn't switch genders if I had the chance. But if that wasn't the problem, it would be almost 50/50 choice, but still leaning towards male end of the spectrum for the physical and social benefits (no, not meaning financial benefits, despite it using similar term, but that could count too, considering average salary differences between the two genders..)

well, when i talk high im less of faking a high voice. like when people sing in falsetto, and more just.... choosing not to use the rest of my range? 

while i hate it to no end i am grateful i have this particular voice. i have such a wide range i can do any sort of voice acting you could imagine. 

-Jim Hensen

My boyfriend of 5 months just broke up with me 3 days before my 18th birthday and less than 10 days before our Anniversary :/

Needless to say I'm heart-fucking-broken.

:(

I know I'm late but I had something similar happen to me :( my boyfriend actually broke up with me 5 minutes before i got rolled away in my bed for my first surgery, which was also quite a big hip surgery. was heartbroken that week. also he broke up via Viber. Classy isn't it

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Am I the only one who is gay and finds neither of them particularly attractive?

no you aren't. 

just let me sit in the corner of the classroom and let me crush on the only homophobic but very hot kid out of my class

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Actually there are surgeries of varying usefulness available raising pitch range. One place in Korea does them, haven't heard a failed result from them as of yet.

Amusingly could have afforded to go get it done if I'd not built a rendering rig... hurr priorities.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

This may surprise you, but there are actually things you can do in regards to your voice. Both ends of the spectrum apply here, from the very sedate to the extreme.

First things first, just taking something such as singing lessons can aid in your vocal range. Add on speech therapy on top of that, and you could end up with a very convincing voice. It also isn't so much about the vocal range though, and comes more into how the words are actually spoken. If you listen to another woman talking, and I mean really closely. Then you will notice that the pitch is almost constantly changing, and is quite melodic in its inflection. Men tend to speak in a more monotone fashion, and use only a very small amount of pitch change while talking.

The extreme end of dealing with voice is surgery, and not something I am going for personally. It is very risky, as if it goes wrong you could lose your voice completely.

your replies make me think you're in satire, but theres such scincerity that i doubt either possibility and just giggle. xD

I was not lying about knowing my sexuality since age 4.

Linus is my fetish.

I was not lying about knowing my sexuality since age 4.

nah, im talking about the linus and luke pronz. 

-Jim Hensen

Actually there are surgeries of varying usefulness available raising pitch range. One place in Korea does them, haven't heard a failed result from them as of yet.

Amusingly could have afforded to go get it done if I'd not built a rendering rig... hurr priorities.

yeah. 

This may surprise you, but there are actually things you can do in regards to your voice. Both ends of the spectrum apply here, from the very sedate to the extreme.

First things first, just taking something such as singing lessons can aid in your vocal range. Add on speech therapy on top of that, and you could end up with a very convincing voice. It also isn't so much about the vocal range though, and comes more into how the words are actually spoken. If you listen to another woman talking, and I mean really closely. Then you will notice that the pitch is almost constantly changing, and is quite melodic in its inflection. Men tend to speak in a more monotone fashion, and use only a very small amount of pitch change while talking.

The extreme end of dealing with voice is surgery, and not something I am going for personally. It is very risky, as if it goes wrong you could lose your voice completely.

i  know. ^~^ i actually talk that way naturally. infact my friend mary talks more like a man than i. x'D 

i used to go to singing lessons then 3 years of being in bands and doing drugs fucked up my voice and she moved away so now im just waiting for a day wehre i care to get another vocal coach again. 

not interested in surgery. at all. not MORE money for something i can do more naturally less risky and without money. 

-Jim Hensen