No, Battlefield Hardline does not contain ghastly DRM

XTankSlayerX

ea-blames-battlefield-hardline-lockout-o

^SOURCE^

EA has explained why one Battlefield Hardline player was locked out of playing the cops vs. criminals shooter after benchmarking a number of graphics cards.

Games blogger Hilbert Hagedoorn initially suspected Visceral's FPS contained "ghastly DRM" that had blocked him from playing after five changes to his own hardware.

"Here's what EA's DRM is doing," he wrote. "EA doesn't just verify the number of PCs you work on slash use, nope... they dare to monitor hardware changes inside your PC now, which I am sure is a privacy breach on many levels."

But EA has now clarified the issue relates to its Origin client, and not any particular DRM within Battlefield Hardline itself.

"Origin authentication allows players to install a game on up to five different PCs every 24 hours," an EA spokesperson explained.

"Players looking to benchmark more than five hardware configurations in one 24 hour period can contact our Customer Support team who can help."

It's hardly a widespread problem - especially as it has taken so long for the issue to come to light. But one to bear in mind if you're ever testing out graphics cards in quick succession.

"Privacy breach on so many levels". Well, its not a privacy breach if you agree to it is it Mr.Hagedoorn?

When ever EA Does something "bad" (This isn't too bad) everyone starts whining like a 5 year old kid. "EA Sucks" and "Thanks EA" people say.

No one has thought about contacting support? Perhaps that you will never change your rig 5 times in a day to even made this a issue for you?

Needless to say, this isn't a issue.  Literally the only people this will affect is people who benchmark. Which means that you should try to keep it under 5 GPU's in 24hrs, Contact EA Support, or just outright abandon EA Games as a benchmark (They run rather well, not too many of their games are ports, if any...)

My response to the older thread:

Because "Lord Gaben" won't screw you over sideways as well?

Quite frankly, this will never happen to 97% of the people here. You happen to use up all of your activation codes? Call EA Support, they'll fix it for you in a matter of minutes.

I feel like the people complaining here are just doing so so they can (keep) hating on EA.

Bottom line: this is a non-issue imo. Only benchmarkers will run into issues, which will most likely be resolved by their Support team.                       

Also, not a repost.      

People were hating for the sake of hating, further reinforcing my belief that gamers spend more time bitching than they do gaming. 

Also, lol at the "this is not a repost". Whoever calls repost on you is full of it. Quality posts are quality, keep up the good work. 

People were hating for the sake of hating, further reinforcing my belief that gamers spend more time bitching than they do gaming. 

Also, lol at the "this is not a repost". Whoever calls repost on you is full of it. Quality posts are quality, keep up the good work. 

Yeah... Remember when people got along with each other? Cause I don't :P

Yeah, some people might just read the title, put "DRM" and "Battlefield Hardline" together and scream "Repost" at me lol

Ghastly DRM?

250px-092Gastly.png

But yeah, as @Victorious Secret said, people just wanted to hate EA a bit more.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

But it is DRM? Reloaded/Skidrow haven't been able to get a crack because of a DRM?

Or am I incredibly stoned

They are saying it is protected by Denuvo DRM and only 3DM have managed to crack the DRM but are still working on a final crack.

Personally even though I do often change my hardware enough to possibly encounter this it doesn't bother me half as much as the game using a god damned browser.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

I got a interesting question. Why bench a game that is still in beta and has graphics like Counterstrike? Just asking ;)

Gonna cuffem and stuffem. QUE QUE QUE. I love it I love it. :P

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

Shame the game isn't that good, battlefield is becoming more and more like CoD, they could have done so much more with cops and robbers, none of the game modes wowed me. I'm hoping that battlefront wont be as disappointing as this was.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I got a interesting question. Why bench a game that is still in beta and has graphics like Counterstrike? Just asking ;)

It's not still in beta.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

It's still a completely stupid measure, considering that you can only have 1 installation playing online at any given moment.

It's not still in beta.

HAH

noice.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's still a completely stupid measure, considering that you can only have 1 installation playing online at any given moment.

What other game lets you have your account signed in at two different locations and have both locations play online at the same time? 

wasnt this already a thing with dragon thing rpg game on origin?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

What other game lets you have your account signed in at two different locations and have both locations play online at the same time? 

None, and that's the point. Why lock someone out for installing in multiple locations, if only 1 can ever be online at any given moment?

What if like....10 people share an origin account at college, and all collectively put in money to purchase the game? Companies need to get the idea that people like to share the things that they own, through their thick, lodges up their own asses, heads.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

It's not still in beta.

Oh sorry. :P Since EA has grabbed the game its been digging its grave more and more IMO. Oh well. Not going to waste my money on another broken EA game. ;)

i7 4790K, Asus Z97 Sabertooth S, Crutial M.2 120gig, 32 Gig Corsair Dominators, Corsair h100i, Seagate ST750XL, 2 X MSI R9 290X Lightning's, Corsair air 540 

It still strikes me as an incredibly odd restriction to place on your game...

Oh sorry. :P Since EA has grabbed the game its been digging its grave more and more IMO. Oh well. Not going to waste my money on another broken EA game. ;)

You do realize Hardline hasn't had any major issues at launch right?

You do realize Hardline hasn't had any major issues at launch right?

Its not the point. The boy cried wolf too many times on my wallet. Also im getting too old to try and keep up with you kids now a days. *SOMEONE SEE MY WHEEL CHAIR!!!!!!!!?????????* :D

Oh yea.. give them time.. I recall about every BF4 patch failed . MMm yea. It will happen again. Mark my words ;)

Also, not a repost. 

not a repost, but we do need a source..

Not having installation limits doesn't means there is no DRM However, just probably not ghastly but AFAIK just being on origin it's already DRM (just like steam)

-------

Current Rig

-------

So do I understand this correctly, you are saying that people should clam down. The DRM people were upset about is not exclusive to Battlefield Hardline, it applies to every single game on Origin? That makes the situation far worse if you ask me.
It's still not a big deal since very few people will be installing it on 5 computers within 24 hours, but why even have that DRM in place to begin with? Like Trik'Stari said, they already have a DRM in place that prevents two people with the same CD key from playing at the same time. So they already have a DRM which makes this one redundant.

The reason for this DRM might be to make it harder for reviewers to bench mark the game. EA's game often run choppy and a negative performance review might be good to delay to after the first days of sales.

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

So do I understand this correctly, you are saying that people should clam down. The DRM people were upset about is not exclusive to Battlefield Hardline, it applies to every single game on Origin? That makes the situation far worse if you ask me.

It's still not a big deal since very few people will be installing it on 5 computers within 24 hours, but why even have that DRM in place to begin with? Like Trik'Stari said, they already have a DRM in place that prevents two people with the same CD key from playing at the same time. So they already have a DRM which makes this one redundant.

Fucking exactly.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650