Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Hey now, did you ask @Lolbroccoli if he's OK with that? It might hurt, you should ask first.

Lol did you check? He liked that post and commented on it!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I was one the people that was fooled into the Beats By Dre phenomenon, I'm usually not too careful with my headphones either way, nonetheless they shouldn't of broke within a week..

The bad thing about Beats isn't that they break easily. It's that they're severely over priced. Their sound quality is roughly the same as $50 headphones, meaning that they're decent, but not worth their high price. 

Frankly, it's my Asetek AIO OEM LCS. I was beyond impressed with the performance, but when I found out Asetek had the nerve to patent troll Swiftech out of the US over some vague pump design sketches that were patented after Swiftech released in the US, I bought a Swiftech Apogee Drive II and some custom kit from them to replace the Asetek. I then used that Asetek for batting practice with an aluminum Louisville Slugger.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

corsair vengeance 2000. break way to easily

in my basement,using a computer,staring at a 1024x768 screen

The Razer Mamba 2012... the mouse itself is fine, rather it's a fantastic mouse, feels great in your hand, just the right weight, nice buttons and I love the backlit scroll wheel (nothing too fancy, just a simple mouse with 2 macros, which is all I need) but the wireless receiver/charging dock went poop randomly after a few months of purchase.

The dock suddenly stopped working/charging and since it's glued together, I have no way of opening it up to see if it's a hardware issue without destroying the damn thing so it's just sitting next to my feet now. 

Will I buy another Razer product? Probably not, I do want to try more brands before I fanboy one of them  :P

My view on Razer products: They're build well but a bit on the expensive side, the mouse surfaces are an exceptions... I love them... the Sphex and Goliathus <3 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

TNT 2 32M PCI graphics card, did not perform any better than my onboard graphics and I paid $200 for it :angry:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The bad thing about Beats isn't that they break easily. It's that they're severely over priced. Their sound quality is roughly the same as $50 headphones, meaning that they're decent, but not worth their high price. 

To be honest, I think you're giving Beats too much credit, I bought $16 Sony headphones as a replacement and they sound the same. To give Beats some credit the in-ear ones (which were the ones that I had bought, were the ones that I had bought were very comfortable.

An HP laptop, the cooling is really bad.

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

ACER GD245HQ sometimes screen goes blank had to remove ac cord to get it work again ... or sometimes left side has a blueish tint....and finally broke my nvidia 3d google.

How about every stupid POS Printer that has had an opportunity to bend me over and kick me square in the nuts. 

I hate them, and I hope they DIAF.

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

i purchased a Razer Kraken yesterday because i needed a headset. i was using headphones before and a separate mic, the Numark PHX/USB, great sounding headphones. when i tested the kraken the sound was terrible, the bass was too much and not solid, the mids drowned by the bass and the highs where not sharp enough. to think that the price of the numark and kraken is almost the same pains me. i love razer products, my mouse and keyboard are all razer but i will never again buy an audio product from them, i am very disappointed.

z72ut8yl.png

p2SM2Vol.jpg

Intel i5 (1155 Sandy) Quad Core @4.3Ghz + Antec 25 Kuhler 620 | G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 | Asus P67 Sabertooth | AMD Radeon Sapphire HD7970 Vapor-X 6Gb | CoolerMaster StormTrooper | Corsair TX850M 850w | Western Digital 500Gb Caviar Blue + 1.5Tb Caviar Black + 2Tb Caviar Green | Samsung 27" LED Monitor SA550 1920x1080 | Samsung 40" LED TV 5003 Series 1920x1080 | Creative SB X-fi Xtreme Music | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Razer DeathStalker Expert | Razer DeathAdder 2013 | CH Flightstick Pro | Logitech Driving Force GT

broccoli only tastes good when fried in bacon grease

Tender stem broccoli is actually very nice just on its own, can’t say much for the normal stuff though.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

SteelSeries IN Ear Flux. 

That product was so hyped up, I went out to buy it, and the build quality was just terrible, the ear pieces would just keep dying everytime I RMA-ed it, the sound wasn't all that good, it would start cracking when you played certain types of music, like sharp basses for example. 

The cable soldering on them also aren't very good, especially for the price it comes in it, Sennheiser models offer better quality and sound for a cheaper price range. SteelSeries needs a lot of growing up to do for their in-ear products, the headsets they make are good, but unfortunately not for the in-ear products. 

I have also experienced the soldering being bad (both ears going out).

But I am happy with them, and I like the sound quality. :)

EDIT: I bought them at da best shop, soo easy to RMA (CDON.COM)

hmmm

nothing really

i always double and triple check things before i buy

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well it has to be the PS3 Fat

I lived in south america where I got a ps3 fat which only works in 110v but then I moved to Europe where the current is 220v. I still took my ps3 to europe knowing that it wouldnt work as the label at the back said ONLY 110v however I expected to buy an converter or something. When I got here I bought a converter and when I plug it in and turn the ps3 on the thing blows out like 2 minutes after turning it on and it had a game inside... :( A few days later my dad decided to buy me a ps3 slim and it was awesome but I wanted the game stuck in my old ps3 so I decided to open up the FAT and I got the disc and in my way to reassembling it I saw the PSU I took it off just to find a engraved text on the bottom that says 110v-220v I was really disappointed cause I finished reassembling it and plugged it straight to the wall and the damn thing worked perfectly.... so we spent £200 in a new ps3 that I didn't even need...

I was and am so stressed at thatt.... ='(

Dell XPS 15 9560 - Nikon Z5 - Galaxy S10+

SWIFTECH H220

i just buy it from performance-pcs

I waited almost a month product
I ordered it from the U.S. with tax and shipping I paid
Total:
$224.75 + mor tax when it come like 25$
so it almost 250$....
for this?

ok....

Just opened a new product out of the box and the pump is very noisy .....
I contacted Swiftech only after a week they told me to send the product
After trying to convince me to fix it myself on my hands removing air bubbles ..

Now is the way to RMA
Current $ 50 shipping ...

My country has H100 and more ...
I listened to the recommendation of linus's what I received ..

$ 300 for H220 ... Really disappointed

Bought a Sapphire HD 7870 XT for my first ever build , turns out it was defective....

Brought an i7 3770k after 2 RMA's and 2 sepreate systems I just gave up and am sitting on a constantly crashing very unhappy windows :/

otherwise I would have to say it would have to go with a 1TB veliocoraptor. seriously. 10,000rpm and still can't even out proform 2 500GB blues in Raid0? sigh live'n learn

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 2600 (4.2GHZ OC) EK-Supremacy EVO AMD RGB - Nickel+Plexi | MB:Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7

GPU EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked | Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Corsair RM850i | Boot Drive: Intel 760P 512GB | Game Storage: Intel 660P 1TB | Storage Drive: WD Blue 4TB | Logitech G810 | Logitech G502 (Proteus core) | Pioneer VSX-520K+ 4x Wharfedale Crystal 40 Standing Speakers 150W 4ohm | Logitech G933