Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I spilled lasagna on my optical drive O.o

Ooh, Lasagne. <3

Stupidest thing I've done... hm, probably destroying my iPhone's screen after trying to fix the camera. I took it apart no issue but after I'd sorted the camera and I was putting it together again I put the wrong screw into one of the holes connecting the main board with the screen and it penetrated through the controller module thing at the top of it.

T'was a sad day. :( But then a non-issue when I realised I could get a replacement on Amazon for ~£30. And I still haven't bothered anyway, heh.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

ants inside my laptop. it was do many it was not even funny. oh and spilling milk on my gameboy. fortunately it was off abd it worked fine after letting it dry for 3 days.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

"So is Windows 8.1 a vmware"

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Bought an iPad 3.

For 600EUR.

A week after the iPad 4 was launched.

Damn you past me!

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Cousin starts watching me play a game of heavily modded Skyrim, and says, "Hey, those are almost as good as Xbox graphics!" I proceed to tell him they are inferior, then he says "Well the Xbox 360 was built for gaming, not internet browsing." 

Macs are PCso so this counts :

I was looking at the new mac pro on the apple website in a classroom, and some girl was like (thats not a computer, thats a cpu) when it was showing all the hardware and the motherboard...

Apple fags these days...

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

I saw a video of a guy doing an "BEAST SUPER EXPENSIVE KILLER PC BUILD" for gaming, he got an extreme edition, 32 gigs of RAM and a quadro, and he was like "yeah! this will run battlefield at 500 fps on max, I mean look at the price tag" and I'm sitting there going like, "dude, if you use the cpu graphics for gaming, you might get higher fps that with that quadro"

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I let my 3930k run without a cooler when testing it. I touched it while it was on. It felt like ice for a few seconds and then the burning pain came. Also, I convinced my friend to buy a $1000 laptop with a 630m. I feel guilty.

Spoiler

I let my 3930k run without a cooler when testing it. I touched it while it was on. It felt like ice for a few seconds and then the burning pain came. Also, I convinced my friend to buy a $1000 laptop with a 630m. I feel guilty.

Did the 3930K live?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Did the 3930K live?

Yes. Typing this on the unfortunate rig at the moment. I can't get anywhere in overclocking, I get BSODs at 4.2. Not sure if that is caused by the excessive heat, but what a waste considering I have a very nice OCing motherboard :S. At least it has an infinite amount of other features.

Spoiler

dumbest thing ive seen, My friends dad spent 1200 dollars on a computer, and he didn't even have a graphics card, and had the stock heat sink. *facepalm

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

dumbest thing ive seen, My friends dad spent 1200 dollars on a computer, and he didn't even have a graphics card, and had the stock heat sink. *facepalm

wow....

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Heard and always hear idiot gamers saying that i7s are not good for gaming, but the i5s are.

Heard and always hear idiot gamers saying that i7s are not good for gaming, but the i5s are.

Kind of. The Hyperthreading isn't really helping.

wow....

that what i was thinking, how could you spend 1200 dollars without a GPU

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

Low end GPUs like the GT 210.

HEY. THAT'S NOT NICE! ( forgive me. I have a GT610. I'm suffering. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp)

What.

HEY. THAT'S NOT NICE! ( forgive me. I have a GT610. I'm suffering. heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp)

OMG REALLY! lol dont you have integrated graphics? im sure its just as good.

OMG REALLY! lol dont you have integrated graphics? im sure its just as good.

Yes. HD4000. But i heard baaad things. Like CPU Hotter and low end. I just don't know *sniff*

Bought Z77 Stinger (no no thats not it; its a great m-ITX board for me) and plugged the CPU fan to normal fan header on mobo and wondered for 1 hour why the hell my CPU temp is 65 on idle.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Bought Z77 Stinger (no no thats not it; its a great m-ITX board for me) and plugged the CPU fan to normal fan header on mobo and wondered for 1 hour why the hell my CPU temp is 65 on idle.

THAT"S WHAT HAPPENED TO ME! I kept getting a notification that no CPU_FAN was connected. I was like "wut" for a good 10 Minutes till i noticed the FAN_01 was next to the CPU_FAN header.

Bought A computer with a GT 640 In it and then continued not to upgrade for 2 and a half years, thinking it was "good enough". while I was playing BF3 at 30fps

Building this for my sister: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1rj6r

That was when RAM was cheap, and I didn't know too much about hardware.

All of the parts were purchased at Micro Center, and due to many good deals, including $140 for the 2500K, it was only $700 at the time.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)