Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Late 2009 27" iMac

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Xbox360. The only fun I had on it was when I was playing with friends. On it's own, it sucks. 

Or my HTC EVO 4G. It sucked so bad. It was amazing for a few weeks. Literally 3 weeks into having it, it started to give me problems. It was all downhill from there. Bad build quality too... 

I bought a phone that was supposed to be unlocked......but it was locked. AAAAAAAAA

Have you ever thought about unlocking it your self? JW

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Have you ever thought about unlocking it your self? JW

Yes. Its only about 20$. But I am trying to contact the seller and see whats going on since I dont have 20$. But since I am 16 I still have to work through my parents. I think it would be faster to communicate to the seller by a homing pigeon with one wing. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

beats studios and the original ipad, 

ipad was great tech but completely useless imo

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Samsung Chromebook, Razer Blackwidow Tournament, Mophie Juice Pack Helium for iPhone 5, and the Corsair Raptor M3.

I've taken the Tournament off because while it has many issues, it has Cherry MX Blues,

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I got the HTC inspire 4g. They look alike hopefully its not crap.

I've had that phone for 3 years it's a trooper. I've dropped it a lot like yesterday it went from a textbook to concrete and was fine, but the case probably helped a lot.

rechargeable batteries

PC : i7-3820 @ 4.3 GHz | Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 16 GB @ 2133MHz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI Windforce 3X | Gigabyte X79-UD5 | OCZ Vector 128 GB (Died) | WD Black 1TB |  | Asus Xonar DGX | Antch P280 | Asus PA238QR & NEC PA271w | LG 1440x900 Monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Cherry MX Brown) | Corsair M60 | Blue Snowball | Sennheiser HD 439 | IKEA Kitchen Table 

At this moment, I think I'm gonna have to say Leap Motion considering I pre-ordered this nearly 2 years before release. The trailer looked compelling.

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

My first LCD HDTV. It was a 26" 720p TV (Yet for some damn reason, 720p TV's are 1366x768 instead of 1200x720). The reason it was a huge disappointment is because the viewing angles on it were SO BAD! Especially vertical. If you were slightly below the 0 degree plane of the TV (even only a few degrees, like less than 10), it immediately starts turning black. If you're sitting on the floor, you couldn't see the image at all.

This was a big deal because it was my first experience with a flat screen HDTV, and I was in a college dorm room, so space was limited, and optimal viewing angles were not always possible.

I've since gone through 3 more TV's (a 720p 32" LCD no-name brand, a 1080p 32" Sharp LCD which I still use as a secondary monitor for my gaming PC, and finally my current TV: A beautiful 1080p 50" LG 50PA6500 Plasma).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Can't say I've been very disappointed with any technology I've bought...

I never buy things before hand and am a bet of a review hoarder...

I do however preorder games which are kind of technology...

Games that fall in this category:

Rage

Diablo III

Duke Nukem

I've had that phone for 3 years it's a trooper. I've dropped it a lot like yesterday it went from a textbook to concrete and was fine, but the case probably helped a lot.

Ye I like it so far and I do plan on getting a case.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

HTC Wildfire S phone. Complete waste of money, should've gotten the Nexus.

Also my HP DV7 laptop, overheats like crazy because of the  horrible heatsink design and how hard it is to clean it out (I have to take it apart completely to clean it). Also super loud.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

A Pantech Lazer, my god that thing was horrendous. The battery would randomly die, the phone would turn off if someone called me and switched towers either during or before the call, text messages wouldn't send sometimes, and the speaker was never loud enough during calls, so I literally had to cover my other ear so that I could hear the other person, even when on the empty highway. When I got my S3, I was astounded by how loud the speaker was during calls; I went from hearing whispers to Zeus yelling in my ear.

Also my HP DV7 laptop, overheats like crazy because of the  horrible heatsink design and how hard it is to clean it out (I have to take it apart completely to clean it). Also super loud.

Similar for me, but I got an HP DV2000 series notebook many years ago.

Short story is, they bundled together a powerful GPU which generates a lot of heat with a CPU which generates a lot of heat, stacked them on top of one another and gave them a single aluminium heatsink to share. Last recorded temperature the GPU run at before it literally burnt out was 136. And that's not in Fahrenheit.

In the end almost every damn thing in the laptop failed. HDD, one of the RAM sticks, GPU, Wi-Fi chip, charging unit, battery and touch-panel controls.

Needless to say the experience has put me off Hewlett Packard for a very long time. :(

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

xbox 360. only good thing that came out of that was red dead

Aiptek AHD AF1 camcorder. 1080p recordings look like a slideshow.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

I didn't buy it, but was given as a gift, guess that counts... XBox 360, after about a month, it RROD'd then after about 4 years, we took it to get fixed, then less than a month later, it did it again, then we took it to get fixed again, same thing happened, to the point where I decided I would fix it, it worked, then a different problem arose... ended up getting the hdd to put in my system XD Still had fun though :) and I miss it (only because of Halo)

prolly my sony handycam that is supposed to shoot in HD 1080p for only $250

where as my canon 480p camera shoots much better footage and sound

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point