Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

ps3 - who would of known it'd be obsolete in 6 years time.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

ps3 - who would of known it'd be obsolete in 6 years time.

now your just trolling

Either way though itll be 7 years and thats still 2 years longer than previous gen consoles, though I still think we needed the PS4/X1 2 years ago.

A toshiba labtop that burned up after 6 months.Was using it one day and a poof of smoke came out the side and it melted the cpu and burned half the motherboard lol.

A toshiba labtop that burned up after 6 months.Was using it one day and a poof of smoke came out the side and it melted the cpu and burned half the motherboard lol.

did you return or RMA it?

did you return or RMA it?

Returned it after arguing with them for a week.

I haven't really bought anything really dissapointing, but I have bought stuff that is really pointless. For example, I bought a new laptop year ago. It was HP Pavilion DV7 laptop. It's the 17" model. For some reason I thought I needed a powerful laptop for my studies. At first it was great and I even replaced the original HDD to SSD to give it even more speed. However it's big and heavy so it's not ideal for carrying every day at the university. It is also too big to fit on to the tables in some auditoriums. I haven't played any games with it and I mainly use it for surfing on the web and Office applications. I wish I had bought an ultrabook instead.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

A 32" Hannspree TV

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I haven't really bought anything really dissapointing, but I have bought stuff that is really pointless. For example, I bought a new laptop year ago. It was HP Pavilion DV7 laptop. It's the 17" model. For some reason I thought I needed a powerful laptop for my studies. At first it was great and I even replaced the original HDD to SSD to give it even more speed. However it's big and bulky so it's not ideal for carrying every day at the university. It is also too big to fit on to the tables in some auditoriums. I haven't played any games with it and I mainly use it for surfing on the web and Office applications. I wish I had bought an ultrabook instead.

a great rule is dont but anything that bigger than 14in if you want portable, just look at the asian markets they dont sell 15in for the most part because they wont sell.

A 32" Hannspree TV

ROFL thats like the no name of no name TVs

I was an idiot back then who though that TVs were better for gaming

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I once bought a SuperFlower PSU (was a while ago, some say they are better nowdays) which didn't only cost me 50€, but also 2! motherboards within 1 month. 

I was an idiot back then who though that TVs were better for gaming

oo dbl quoted

thats not the problem there really, I was more commenting on the brand.

I once bought a SuperFlower PSU (was a while ago, some say they are better nowdays) which didn't only cost me 50€, but also 2! motherboards within 1 month. 

That could be it other wise could be the case I had one fry 3 MBs

oo dbl quoted

thats not the problem there really, I was more commenting on the brand.

Know the TV was shocking, glossy, horrible build quality, horrible colour reproduction, terrible contrast,  tonnes of input lag and motion blur.

I was just explaining that back the I thought that larger TVs were the best for gaming so I bought the cheapest one I could find. 

a great rule is dont but anything that bigger than 14in if you want portable, just look at the asian markets they dont sell 15in for the most part because they wont sell.

Now I think about it, one reason for choosing that particular laptop was, because it had very good quality screen. I don't think it's IPS, but it has 1080p resolution, good colours and matte finish. For some reason there weren't small laptops with good quality screens back then.

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

Now I think about it, one reason for choosing that particular laptop was, because it had very good quality screen. I don't think it's IPS, but it has 1080p resolution, good colours and matte finish. For some reason there weren't small laptops with good quality screens back then.

this is true. I gad to pay extra to get 1600x900 on my 14in now thats standard on the newer kodel and you can upgrade to 1080p.

Samsung syncmaster s24b350h .

It had decent reviews, got it, installed it and hated the colours, calibrated it , and its still too yellow for me :/ ,so yer lesson learned for next time, don't trust reviews :P

H100 (the old one not the i one)

loud with stock fans , pump noise,super fragile molex cable (pins aren't really that secure in the connector) should have gotten the thermaltake water 2.0 extreme instead (since i can't fit push pull in my nzxt phantom 410)

About a year or two ago I owned a BlackBerry Bold 9780. Worst piece of junk I've probably ever owned. Other than that I can't really complain. Maybe the odd foot high fan that hardly works on a hot day lol.

AOL Internet, And my parents still use it and I have 130mb fiber in my room mere meters away. They refuse to part with it... Just hearing the dialup tone even though it is ADSL broadband makes me facepalm.

Also the Pentium 4 PC which has 256mb ram and 60gb HDD and all the capacitors on the motherboard have blown and are leaking white dust which is still working! The biggest pile of crap ever it was so slow even when we first git it 10 years ago.The worse part is they still use this computer everyday on AOL. *Sigh* -.- What is it with older people and not wanting to upgrade, even my phone is faster than that thing!

AOL Internet, And my parents still use it and I have 130mb fiber in my room mere meters away. They refuse to part with it... Just hearing the dialup tone even though it is ADSL broadband makes me facepalm.

Also the Pentium 4 PC which has 256mb ram and 60gb HDD and all the capacitors on the motherboard have blown and are leaking white dust which is still working! The biggest pile of crap ever it was so slow even when we first git it 10 years ago.The worse part is they still use this computer everyday on AOL. *Sigh* -.- What is it with older people and not wanting to upgrade, even my phone is faster than that thing!

what? Just hook it up without them knowing to your connection for their own good.

Hate to burst your bubble but dell was subject to a lawsuit that stated they had to replace the hinges even out of warranty due to a lawsuit. The reps will fight you but as soon as you mention that they have no choice but to accept a return.

I had to do this with a friends M11x and read the lawsuit over the phone for them to finally cave.

well it's too late now :)

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Do they still use the AOL app to get on the internet? When I see that or any such type app to supposedly get on the internet I just want to rip it out as fast as possible and have done so on some people's computers. They think its the only way to the internet, without it they'll be without the possibility of ever getting back on, then I just open up a browser and go to their favorite site, they scratch their heads in awe and some disbelief.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Yeah yeah they use the AOL browser as well, which I can honestly say is the worst browser ever. They have to sign on, it's the only way unless you attach a router which for some reason bypass' it and you can just open a normal browser right up. They would need to run a Ethernet through the living room and up the stairs into my room unless they get a laptop. Funny thing is I have about 5 computers under my bed and they refuse to use any of them. It's depressing that I have multiple quad and dual cores going to waste when they are great little word processors.

I paid a little guy £3 once for a broken BB gun with the intention to fix it and i ended up binning it -.-  

CPU: FX8350 @ 4.8GHz (1.488V)  |  MB: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0  |  GPU: Sapphire HD7950 OC

Storage: 128GB Samsung 840 Pro and 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz  |  Case: Define R4  |  Cooler: Corsair H100i  |  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro

Dell S2740l 27 inch IPS panel with a GLOSSY finish. It was so glossy that is was hurting my eyes even under low light conditions.

See, you didn't buy the optional UltraSharp Sunglasses they were selling at the time. They cut back on the glare almost to the point where it's a matte finish screen, and only cost 1/3 the price of the monitor.

MW2 followed by MW3, But MW3 was worst of the two...

But MW3 uses Valve Anti-Cheat... and somehow has more hackers than any other Call of Duty game. FourDeltaOne has that covered though.

a couple of steam games i bought but don't play. im pretty sure everyone has those.

Don't even go there... hey, now that's a good idea for a new forum thread. Thanks!

My most disappointing piece of technology I've ever acquired is my cell phone, and it's not even one of the cheaper units like the Galaxy Ace or HTC Wildfire. It was the full blown multimedia touted HD phone of its' time, the HTC Sensation 4G. Now don't get me wrong; I loved the phone when I got it, mostly because it was my first ever cellphone, and gave me the power to connect EVERYWHERE. The screen was gorgeous for a short time, XDA-Devs managed to root and unlock it very quickly after release, and I was generally very pleased with the design and feel of the phone.

Now onto 2 years of ownership, I feel that my phone (and probably others') are designed to have a good user experience and quality parts that last for just under your contract, in hopes that you'll renew with your carrier. For example, I don't use my phone even half as much as my laptop of the same age, but the battery is dieing, there's not enough RAM to even run something as simple as the Facebook or Twitter app smoothly on a clean ROM, and various other shortcomings like the motherboard burning out 3 months after ownership :D

I'd say I'm going to pickup a Galaxy S4 or HTC ONE, but I fear it's not the phone you pick; it's the whole wireless industry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xadoX2E7wY

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)