Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

See, you didn't buy the optional UltraSharp Sunglasses they were selling at the time. They cut back on the glare almost to the point where it's a matte finish screen, and only cost 1/3 the price of the monitor.

I really don't want to have to wear sunglasses just to be able to use my computer... But thanks for the info.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

LG N98, screen decided to play up after a month and then i forgot to take it out of my pockets and it got a nice wash and dry lol amazingly though it somewhat survived all of that with a few dead pixels and dead mic

Wireless Keyboard and Mouse..  <_<

not real specific there unless your hating on all of them ever....

agp geforce 6200 upgrade from agp geforce 5200 I GAINED ABOUT 5 FPS !!!!!!!!!

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

actually the logitech mk320 was one of my best purchases ... though i use that keyboard on the media pc from the couch 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

actually the logitech mk320 was one of my best purchases ... though i use that keyboard on the media pc from the couch 

not real specific there unless your hating on all of them ever....

I bought a veeery basic Logitech Wireless Pack, so i couldn't be complaining.. Something like 50$ worth.. my bad guys  :P  

Spoiler

My computer. Its powered by a laptop charger, soldered CPU to the motherboard, no PCI slot, and its in a desktop case.  

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

My dad bought a Pentium Overdrive MMX 83mhz for around $300 (US) sometime in the mid 90's. Me personally, probably my xbox, i played cod WAW on splitscreen a few times with friends. Haven't picked the thing up for a few years. 

AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3 ghz | Corsair H60 (Push/Pull)|  8GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3 1.6 ghz | Sapphire HD 7870 Oc'd | Biostar TA970 MOBO OCZ 750w  PSU | 2TB HDD + 120gb Kingston V300 SSD| Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer Case | SoundBlaster Audigy SE  Windows 7                                                                                      "I am a leaf on the wind, watch me..."   "You know nothing Jon Snauhh" "Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way."

/Steam Profile/Folding@home stats/TekSyndicate Fourms/  \m/  RIP David Gold (1980-2011) \m/ RIP Peter Steele (1962-2010) \m/ RIP Chuck Schuldiner (1967-2001) \m/ RIP Dio (1942-2010) \m/ RIP Cliff Burton (1962-1986) \m/ RIP Dime (1966-2004)

A Nvidia FX 5200, I was hoping it would let me play Doom 3...  it did not.  XD

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Corsair AX850 Pro Gold PSU!

It died suddenly after two years of moderate use.

I have owned cheap PSUs that lasted me over 10 years.

It looks like a lot of those AX850 are getting RMA'd these days.

My phone, LG E5 or something like that. Looks decent. Other than that I'd prefer a nokia.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

best htpc keyboard is the ThinkPad bluetooth kwyboard in my opinion.

A LONG time ago I bought a dell inspiron 5200 laptop as an upgrade to a dell inspiron 8100. The 5200 was faster and had better graphics (sort of) because I assumed a GeForce 4 mobile must have been better than the GeForce 2 mobile. What I didn't pay attention to was the screen. Even in about 2001 when I got that 8100 it had a 15" screen with 1600x1200 resolution and the 5200 had 1024x768 15" screen. I HATED that resolution. I hated that laptop, and it's the reason I haven't really cared for a laptop since. There always seems to be some sort of compromise in laptops since you can't pick your own parts.

a pakard bell laptop, not sure what one though because a laptop was a laptop but it was slow when playing games however it didn't die till it was thrown out the window by my 16 year brother in a rage however i have recovered the hard drive and it looks like its in a good condition after being outside for a year.

Razer Imperator.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

$70 Apple wireless keyboard that's not even mechanical. :(

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Xperia Play

CWM-Recovery-Xperia-Play.jpg

such a great idea but very poorly executed, no games for it and even the android release of GTA3 struggled on it's under powered hardware. What also annoyed me was everyone (including Sony) going ahead and calling it the "the playstation phone" at every opportunity when in fact it was just the controller section that was designed by the playstation team. Emulators and crash bandicoot were pretty awesome on it though.

Wanted a Wii for christmas got it played it for a week and never touched it again.

Wanted a Wii for christmas got it played it for a week and never touched it again.

didnt even get the nintendo classics for it?

Fractal design newton R2 650W

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Xperia Play

CWM-Recovery-Xperia-Play.jpg

such a great idea but very poorly executed, no games for it and even the android release of GTA3 struggled on it's under powered hardware. What also annoyed me was everyone (including Sony) going ahead and calling it the "the playstation phone" at every opportunity when in fact it was just the controller section that was designed by the playstation team. Emulators and crash bandicoot were pretty awesome on it though.

I had one of these for two months, returned it for reasons above, limited joy, over hyped pos. But yes, emulation and CB were the only highlights, the "awesome stero sound" was also just average...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

iPad 3.

Here's why: the only reason I wanted a tablet is to just sit anywhere and watch series/ movies on it. It has a beautiful 1080p+ display, so obviously I was going to watch 1080p movies/ series on it. But noooooo, in order to watch an mkv 1080p movie, I had to first download the movie on my PC, then convert it, which takes a while (thank god for quick sync), then import it to iTunes (which should just die in a fire) then synchronize with my iPad.

While on my android phone which was almost 2 years old I could just browse thepiratebay with an app, download via a torrenting app, and watch with an mkv player app. (all free apps)

On top of that, not only does it cost more than most other tablets, you need to pay for most apps, which is just plain stupid. What makes you think that if I spend that much on your tablet, I'm going to have any money left??

In short: IOS is a stupid communist excuse for an OS and I am one unhappy customer, wishing he'd bought the nexus 7

//rant off. please don't chastise me because I am not happy with the iPad (unlike many other people)

There's a FREE vlc media player app on iOS which let's you play any format without converting through iTunes (;

Intel Q6600@3.2Ghz | HD6870 | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz
BF3 medium settings | no vSync | 1080p | 50-70fps (:

I bought a ipod 2nd gen a few years a go, played with it for a few months but the sound was awful and I had problem syncing it with my PC, my brothers PC works great with it but not mine.  

I end up going back to my old Creative Zen MP3 players for a year or so till I got my first Smart phone (HTC Desire then the Samsung S3 32g) and never used it for playing MP3's ( did use it for throwing about with the whole Samsung V's Apple thing).

Cry Havoc!