Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

HP DV6000 Piece of crap'top lasted about a year.

The battery lasted 15days (did not charge after that, got it replaced).
Integrated WebCam stopped working in 2 months (driver related issues, got it fixed somehow)
CD/DVD drive stopped working too same as webcam...
About 1 year after getting it I got the regular "won't turn on" from this model... related to the MOBO/Graphics.

Sold it about 2 years later for $120 to some dude who wanted to fix it (probably so it would die later on him).

First and last HP branded device I will probably own.

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen. 

I am going to leave out anything that was non-functional because any company can have a lemon, and I'm going to go with the biggest difference between my expectations and what was delivered.

I used to have a set of Monsoon MM-2000 PC speakers (outstanding flat panel speakers. Wish they still made them) and I returned them to buy a set of Logitech Z-680s (dat digital sound... or so I thought) because of the great reviews from PC gamers all over the place (when I learned not to blindly trust user reviews).

They sounded so muddy and ugly and the bass was so overwhelming. I tried to love them. I tried analog. I tried digital. It didn't matter. They were awful. I returned them and went right back to the store where I got my MM-2000s (they were discontinued so there weren't many options for where to buy them) only to find out they had chucked them in the dumpster when I returned them since the manufacturer had gone out of business so they had no RMA service, and they had assumed they were broken.

I ended up spending WAY more on some Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1s (also amazing speakers that I wish I still had......) just so I could cleanse the Z-680 residue from my ears.

:(

my desk chair :(

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Razer Nostromo.

I used it 3-4 times and never used it again, sold it for half the cost to some other chump. Stupid purchase that added nothing to my gaming.

I love Razer products, but this was just such a let down. Enjoy my $100 Razer.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

RAT5 from mad catz. I did a review in this forum a few days ago...

HTC One - Sure the build quality is lovely but it doesn't have the robustness that my iPhone 4 had. Not going with an aluminium band around the outside means that it's highly vulnerable to dents and chips when dropped. 

Owned.

My worst was probably...

Three, count um, three Xbox 360s. 

Some D-Link wireless router back when wireless N was first becoming available. Spent about $200 on it and then it just died like 2 weeks after and they wouldn't take it back. Never buying D-Link again.

Also 3 Turtle beach PC headsets at $90 each, they all broke within 1 month.

Accidentally pooped my pants in the elevator.

I'm taking this shit to a whole new level.

A pre-built PC... I ended up replacing almost every single part within a year, and in the process spent WAY more money than I would've had I just been more confident and built my own PC in the first place. 

CPU: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr 3 @ 1150 MHz core/6300 MHz memory | Motherboard: Some crap OEM H67 mATX board | RAM: 16GB Patriot G2 Series Division 4 @ 1333 MHz | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i | Mouse: CM Storm Inferno | Keyboard: crap OEM keyboard (Soon to be replaced with a CM Storm Quickfire TK) | Headphones: Audiotechnica ATH-M50's | Speakers: Corsair SP2500's

HTC One - Sure the build quality is lovely but it doesn't have the robustness that my iPhone 4 had. Not going with an aluminium band around the outside means that it's highly vulnerable to dents and chips when dropped. 

I'm disappointed to hear that. I believe you bought it on my recommendation... :(

Hp pavilion dv6 6069eo.... HDD dead after a year. Fan dead after a year. No audio. Keyboard suddenly stopped working a week ago. In total i've spent more than $2000 on a notebook that cant do shit.

iPad2

I thought it would be great, I was wrong.

It was a cool toy, but after a week, I just never touched it. I gave it to my sister shortly after. 

You're the first person to agree with me about the HTC one, I thought I'm the only one who didn't like the design...

I like the design of the xperia Z ultra much more...

agreed it does have scratches and chips occasionally, but it's better than a fully busted glass back on my phone :/

You're the first person to agree with me about the HTC one, I thought I'm the only one who didn't like the design...

I like the design of the xperia Z ultra much more...

Don't get me wrong, I love the aluminium backing on the phone, the solid glass front and the front facing speakers however because HTC didn't add the ally band like Apple devices have, it is incredibly easy to damage. There are no doubt similar issues with other phones. 

I'm disappointed to hear that. I believe you bought it on my recommendation... :(

Don't worry - I wanted to try Android but after using a iPhone 1 and iPhone 4 for years, I couldn't go back to a plastic phone. 

Tritton 720+... They are so uncomfortable.

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

fat ps3, and the slim one

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

My Raspberry Pi.  Didn't do anything with it after installing XBMC.

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3200Mhz GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080ti MoBo: MSI Z170 Krait Gaming 3X Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D HDD/SSD: (Boot) Intel 750 Series 400GB, (Games) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, (Data) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro L w/ Cherry MX Blues Mouse: Logitech G900 Monitor: Acer X34 Predator @ 100hz

Phone(s): Samsung Galaxy S8+

Creative A220 2.1 speaker system. Rave reviews, yet I found them tinny.

Reverted to my Logitech X-530 5.1 system that I've been using for the past.....6 years. Love'em.

3700X, GTX1060, 64GB HyperX 3000, B450 DS3H, 500GB SN750, TT Core G3, PreSonus Audiobox USB96

I've had the HTC One for a couple months, and while I haven't dropped it from afar, the aluminum material and great build quality are better than in any other phone I've seen, including any iPhone. Plus, wasn't the 4 made of glass? Most of the time when it would be dropped it would shatter. There are videos all over YouTube.