Valve on Half Life 3 in VR: "We're not saying no"

ahhming

Will there finally be a Half Life 3 - in VR?"

Talking in an interview to Kotaku, Valve programmer Jeep Barnett says:

We're not saying, 'no,'but we don't know what the right thing is [yet]. Our most precious resource is time, and we don't have enough time for people to do everything. Would we like to make all of our franchises in VR? Absolutely. But we don't have enough time or people. So we have to figure out what's the best fit, what plays to the strengths of VR. 

He also detailed how the Virtual Reality was being experimented with by saying:

We've said, 'Let's take some existing art and see how it fits,' so yeah, we'll grab some headcrabs, we'll grab the machine guns from Half-Life, the rocket launcher—all those different fun things—and see how they play in VR. But right now, it's a tool for exploring the different kind of game designs we want to do.

Source:
http://kotaku.com/yep-valve-is-experimenting-with-half-life-in-vr-1689726340

Will there finally be a Half Life 3 - in VR?"

Talking in an interview to Kotaku, Valve programmer Jeep Barnett says:

He also detailed how the Virtual Reality was being experimented with by saying:

Source:

http://kotaku.com/yep-valve-is-experimenting-with-half-life-in-vr-1689726340

post-117080-0-87305800-1425665333.jpeg

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Plz stahp valve. I want to beleive.  I want to believe my prayers to lord GabeN have been heard.

But I don't think it will happen.

Even an event at 3/3 3pm didn't have anything to do with a 3rd game. How could you do this to me!

*Sigh* I can forgive you THIS TIME, but don't disappoint me.

I'm sending my therapy bill to you.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

maxresdefault.jpg

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I mean its probably in developement to some extent. Will it ever be released? Who knows...

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

HL3 confirmed by a valve employee? All aboard the hype train! HL in VR would be a good move, especially if it was pretty much the flagship, cutting edge game for the VR genre with a shitload of features showing it off to encourage more companies to make VR based or primarily focused games.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

-

Reminded me that this exists:

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Asking for half life 3? is like asking for doctor who?

You will never get an answer :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

"Our most precious resource is time, and we don't have enough time for people to do everything."

WHAT THE FUCK. It's been almost 8 years!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Out of all of valves games, I would say portal and half life make the most sense. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

What i can see is its gonna use source2 as engine so they need a bit of time just to finish the engine ... I think

What i can see is its gonna use source2 as engine so they need a bit of time just to finish the engine ... I think

portal demo in VR if you haven't seen it already. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

"Our most precious resource is time, and we don't have enough time for people to do everything."

WHAT THE FUCK. It's been almost 8 years!

that is what the interviewer should have said. 

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

and we are not saying yes

we're just saying its worth the weight

*wait

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

portal demo in VR if you haven't seen it already.

Crazy!!!

Sorry I haven't been up to date

making half 3 a VR exclusive could be a very smart decision, I would definitely buy their VR headset to play half life 3.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

making half 3 a VR exclusive could be a very smart decision, I would definitely buy their VR headset to play half life 3.

Bundled

Is there any VR yet that works with glasses? I need to use glasses all the time and since I have rather big strength on one of my eyes lenses isn't an option. I tried an Oculus two years ago. Did not work with glasses and I certainly had a hard time playing without them.

Is there any VR yet that works with glasses? I need to use glasses all the time and since I have rather big strength on one of my eyes lenses isn't an option. I tried an Oculus two years ago. Did not work with glasses and I certainly had a hard time playing without them.

post-9623-0-71066400-1425676531.png

SteamVR (HTC Vive) is usable with glasses

*wait

i guess u dont know about the joke

its in reference to Gabens weight :P

“Worth the Weight” is a phrase derived from another Gabe Newell comment from the Team Fortress 2 commentary node. The original line, however, did not use the word “weight”, but rather “wait”: “After 9 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.” It is often used to mock Gabe’s weight and large physique.

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i guess u dont know about the joke

its in reference to Gabens weight :P

“Worth the Weight” is a phrase derived from another Gabe Newell comment from the Team Fortress 2 commentary node. The original line, however, did not use the word “weight”, but rather “wait”: “After 9 years in development, hopefully it would have been worth the wait.” It is often used to mock Gabe’s weight and large physique.

Ahhhhh, I get it now :)

The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

with all the hype around half life 3 valve would be stupid not to release a half life 3. it would be the best golden egg laying goose they ever had