This Forum Needs To Understand Some Things

to a point yes but ive had so many posts where its like i got no help or barely any help and just said screw it. Or i got bitched out cuz of my terrible punctuation. 

But there are many of us who do at least explain the logic. We aren't all bad! ;)

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I wish that there were some way I could stop doing this, but until people stop saying that they have $50 for a mechanical keyboard I'll have to keep suggesting that they save up....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

But there are many of us who do at least explain the logic. We aren't all bad! ;)

i do agree there but ive had a lot of very bad luck where people just care about my punctuation adn grammer more than answering questions or not even getting close to remotely helping me. Its frustrating.

askdjfasdf

Why spend $50 and be shitty about it later vs. spending $20 more and having a far superior product?

i5 4690k was only 20 dollars more than the price i paid for my 8320.......

THANK YOU. Some of the people here do that to me, and it's like... "Really? Do you have any idea how long it took for me to save up just for a fucking G3258?!? GO. AWAY."

And it's not just the newer people with less posts. Some of the 1K+ people do it, and it makes me want to knock their block off.

ey b0ss

you should have saved up for a 4690k

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

i5 4690k was only 20 dollars more than the price i paid for my 8320.......

I'm not even commenting on that, lest this thread become AMD vs Intel

/shudder

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

If you are looking at performance/dollar and make that a percentage. Something that is $20 better that has a decent bump on something like 100%vs120%, recommending the $20 more option is okay. But give the op an option that is at their budget, otherwise you're just being an Ahole who doesn't know how hard it is to come by money for some people these days.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

I've had the same thing happen to me with product brands. I've asked questions along the line of:

"Which NVIDIA card do you guys think is better for the money, a GTX blah-blah-blah or a GTX blah-blah-bleh?"

At least one person will always respond with something like:

"Oh, this AMD card is MUCH better for the money!"

-.-

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Welcome to generic problem of the internet – opinions and aresehole’s are both full of shit!

With running the risk of calling myself an arsehole, here’s an option:

Would a standardised question form that allows the person looking of the information to detail what is being looked for, for what reason they need it, is budget is like(including being able to stretch), location, etc.

–         It will give the people who have an understanding of that specific topic an ability to qualify the OP’s question with a little more ease.

–         May serve to help enlighten people who are looking to help but really fall short in the underlying knowledge.

For the original example

“What’s the best cooler for $50”, with a little more information from OP we could qualify them to why they need it

“What the best cooling for $50 for my:

AMD 8320

8gb ram

No aftermarket GPU, but my motherboard does have integrated graphics

Reason: frame rate in games are horrible”

Obviously the problem is they bought an AMD but that’s a different story…..

A standardised format would help with getting an idea of where the OP is coming from any their thinking for wanting a specific part. As always, it’s all well and good asking for an opinion but the end responsibility is the OP’s to do their own research and determine which part or product will best suit their own needs as they will be the ones who are handing over the money – forums are great in pointing people in the right direction but ultimately we are only giving an opinion.

I don't know of any teenager who's going to take anyone seriously who says to "just work for &/or save up to get this..." even if you give the best of reasons, unless you give some alternative, like, "Try the local computer repair shops for good used/refurbished coolers & ask around at school to see if anyone has a decent spare one they'll sell you for that price, or even be willing to give to you. If you have to go used, I'd go air-cooled only, because you could get a rad full of rust that's worse than not having a cooler at all. The avoided heartache of frying your CPU will make any effort you have to go to far more than worth the effort. My grandsons come up with good stuff all the time from kids at school they get for far less money than what they'd pay for from a store. You can wait around to see what other people have to say, but that's the best advice I can give you on something that important to your system's health". ( And, BTW, my daughter doesn't allow my grandsons to do any sort of work outside the house, & can't afford to give them enough money where they would seriously consider waiting to "save up". That doesn't mean they've had to do without; they just had to learn to work around it, by utilizing other resources). There are always alternatives, if we can just think about them, & if not, at least be sure to recommend they keep checking back for other answers. I took it that the whole point of this post was to take the time to give enough advice to be taken that we have the best interests of the person we're advising firmly in mind, even if there's no way we can give them the answer they may think they want to hear. As well as; let's say the person said he had $100.00 to spend on that cooler: there are still people out there who would say, "For another $20.00, you can get X cooler & it will be much better", when they should be saying 1st: "Cooler Y is the best I know of for that price"; then they could add the "but, cooler Z would be so much better for $20.00 more" .

I get what you're saying..

...But for $20 more you could get a much better point across.

What if he had $30 and saved extra $20 to get to$50 budget. Then asking him to save another $20 makes no sense.

The issue is yeah, thats true,

but theres 2K people on the fourm this very second. that means that even if 1% of people are dumb and dont understand budgets, thats 200 people to throw recommendations

dat math though... I believe you either mean 10% or 20 people :P 

Why save up for a GTX 780 when for a bit more you can get a GTX 970?

Why save up for an R9 295X2 when for a bit more you can get  a GTX Titan Z...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I've noticed lately how so many of these topics on recommending a product or model of something go a little like this:

-OP-

"Hi! I was wondering what the best CPU cooler for $50 is?"

-Response-

"Well, if you went $20 more, you could get model X and it would be WAY better!"

And this really bugs me for three reasons:

1) You did not help the person who asked for a $50 CPU cooler, you helped a person looking for a $60 or $70 cooler.

2) Most likely the OP has a budget of $50. They probably didn't have $100 to spend, but instead chose to say they had $50 for fun.

3) Typically people will respond to this by saying the OP should save up, but never consider that maybe OP has saved up, and is looking for parts priced below what the responder thinks they should get. Not everyone wants or needs enthusiast-grade equipment!

My proposal:

Instead of taking five seconds to write "This cooler costs more but is better," try taking ten seconds and saying "This one is great for $50, but if you can stretch, this one at $70 would be even better." That way, OP doesn't need to waste time clarifying that they did not, indeed, have more than $50 to spend. And because of this, we can keep threads more concise and help people asking for advice quicker.

This guy and me would get along I think... I cant stand it when people do something like this. I'd rather everyone just be like "For $50 I'd just use the stock cooler". Seriously, this coupled with people suggesting cross products just because its what they use.

I made a post a few weeks ago about some monitor suggestions and I specifically said I'm not interested in Gsync, I got at least 4 suggestions for Gsync monitors that were out of my price range. They could have easily said "Get the non Gsync version of xxx", but of course, they think everyone plays by their rules.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

ey b0ss

you should have saved up for a 4690k

Exactly. One guy was saying I should have saved up for a 4130 or something like that, and it's like... "Really? That thing is more expensive than my G3258, you can't really overclock the fucking thing, and in single-threaded tasks and even some multi-threaded tasks, by G3258 can keep up or beat it".

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Exactly. One guy was saying I should have saved up for a 4130 or something like that, and it's like... "Really? That thing is more expensive than my G3258, you can't really overclock the fucking thing, and in single-threaded tasks and even some multi-threaded tasks, by G3258 can keep up or beat it".

ey b0ss

y u no save for 5960x

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

How does someone end up spending 50$ on a CPU cooler?

Edit: Oh right, water cooling

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Another thing that this forum needs to understand... money flow...

some people have the money flow in fast (a.k.a. easy mode)... others have it flow in slow...

say the asker needs something asap within a fixed budget but the inflow of funds is slow (as in 20USD every three months), then would you suggest something 20USD above what the asker requires?

not everyone has it easy...

THANK YOU. Some of the people here do that to me, and it's like... "Really? Do you have any idea how long it took for me to save up just for a fucking G3258?!? GO. AWAY."

And it's not just the newer people with less posts. Some of the 1K+ people do it, and it makes me want to knock their block off.

I've seen it before.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I got recommended a console instead of a PC on here. Seriously guys? C'mon let's help everyone out.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

are_you_fucking_kidding_me_by_rober_raik

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

You are the bane of existence of this post.

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?