This Forum Needs To Understand Some Things

I agree that you should also tell them what the best choice for his current money is, but if someone comes in and says something like "I'm looking for a 50$ gaming gpu" you want him to understand it's a bad idea to get a 50$ gpu for gaming, and he should hold on to the iGPU until he has enough for a proper dedicated card.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I agree that you should also tell them what the best choice for his current money is, but if someone comes in and says something like "I'm looking for a 50$ gaming gpu" you want him to understand it's a bad idea to get a 50$ gpu for gaming, and he should hold on to the iGPU until he has enough for a proper dedicated card.

I had one of those moments IRL... a dude came into the shop where I was looking at some graphics cards and he was saying he needed a gaming gpu for ~40USD... I told him that it was a bad idea to get one at that price point and he should save up more for [an R7] 250 at least...

I had one of those moments IRL... a dude came into the shop where I was looking at some graphics cards and he was saying he needed a gaming gpu for ~40USD... I told him that it was a bad idea to get one at that price point and he should save up more for a 250 at least...

250$ at least ???? You heard of R7 260X, R7 265, GTX 750Ti ???????

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

250$ at least ???? You heard of R7 260X, R7 265, GTX 750Ti ???????

I meant the R7 250...

at the very least, it's better than a GT210... (which sells for around 40USD here)

I meant the R7 250...

at the very least, it's better than a GT210... (which sells for around 40USD here)

Ohh.. sorry just 250 in a sentence like that doesn't imply a R7 250, you should get the 250X more performance for much less money.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I like your thought mate, having what I had asked for is just what I need. however I do think it is important to stat that: hey, for 10 bucks more you can get (tech things) that can out preform that!

-OP-

"Hi! I was wondering what the best CPU cooler for $50 is?"

-Response-

"Well, if you went $20 more, you could get model X and it would be WAY better!"

2) Most likely the OP has a budget of $50. They probably didn't have $100 to spend, but instead chose to say they had $50 for fun.

Maths was attempted that day.

The issue is yeah, thats true,

but theres 2K people on the fourm this very second. that means that even if 1% of people are dumb and dont understand budgets, thats 200 people to throw recommendations

This math though. :D :D :D

Not just this forum... Other forums like this one as well. I can understand if the OP encourages you to throw out suggestions.

I was looking for a green light and all I got was "Spend $200 more for this". My parts were fine by the way and I did not need to get the next big thing. All brands and parts were researched. My budget was pretty healthy (over $,1,000).

I've noticed lately how so many of these topics on recommending a product or model of something go a little like this:

-OP-

-Response-

And this really bugs me for three reasons:

1) You did not help the person who asked for a $50 CPU cooler, you helped a person looking for a $60 or $70 cooler.

2) Most likely the OP has a budget of $50. They probably didn't have $100 to spend, but instead chose to say they had $50 for fun.

3) Typically people will respond to this by saying the OP should save up, but never consider that maybe OP has saved up, and is looking for parts priced below what the responder thinks they should get. Not everyone wants or needs enthusiast-grade equipment!

My proposal:

Instead of taking five seconds to write "This cooler costs more but is better," try taking ten seconds and saying "This one is great for $50, but if you can stretch, this one at $70 would be even better." That way, OP doesn't need to waste time clarifying that they did not, indeed, have more than $50 to spend. And because of this, we can keep threads more concise and help people asking for advice quicker.

I'm kinda putting it in a spoiler part since for some people it might be too long and some not :)

actually this is kinda true.

a lot of people here probably doesn't understand what "BUDGET" although most just take it as cheap as possible which is also true but

it's something like the amount of money a person is willing to spend (or has spared cash  or something along those line).

example would be "I have a 2,000$ budget and live in the US, can you help me out with recommendation and you'd see a lot of 1,100 or something close to it."

or another one would be "grab evga they have 9999 years warranty and a step up program but the dude lives in a part of asia where that evga has max of 1 year warranty" (take to note that to where I live evga normally has a higher price tag most of the time at least 30-50%more than say msi/gigabyte but everything else is 1 year (in some cases longer like zotacs 3 years and such).

although I do understand that some people are trying to help people not to overspend on stuff that is more than the "standard" that the public views. 

but a lot of people have forgotten that we are custom builders so long as a person can afford it you go blow on it but of course only an idiot buyer would actually not spare some cash for his own needs like food or bills etc. different people have different views some like to make the most of their budget and go i5 and such and some people want to buy the best their hard earned money can afford (example would be like i7's). i've seen some people calling others idiot or dumb or retarded or something if someone recommend something out of the "standard" which IMHO shouldn't be since I kinda believe a lot of the people here who lingers around love pc building.

some stuff about 20 bucks actually depending on your country 20 us dollars is already worth a month of food for a 5 person family so no 20 dollars is a lot of others this is something we should understand (but sadly a lot of people are kinda not putting the country where they are from so most people guess something in the US which 20$ could possibly be earned in a day or 3 by some means I don't know.)

Live your life like a dream.

I meant the R7 250...

hahaha yeah it's true in our country people still buy shitty card for gaming although there are times where I understand the lack of money. it doesn't grow on trees :)

Live your life like a dream.

I'm kinda putting it in a spoiler part since for some people it might be too long and some not :)

actually this is kinda true.

a lot of people here probably doesn't understand what "BUDGET" although most just take it as cheap as possible which is also true but

it's something like the amount of money a person is willing to spend (or has spared cash  or something along those line).

example would be "I have a 2,000$ budget and live in the US, can you help me out with recommendation and you'd see a lot of 1,100 or something close to it."

or another one would be "grab evga they have 9999 years warranty and a step up program but the dude lives in a part of asia where that evga has max of 1 year warranty" (take to note that to where I live evga normally has a higher price tag most of the time at least 30-50%more than say msi/gigabyte but everything else is 1 year (in some cases longer like zotacs 3 years and such).

although I do understand that some people are trying to help people not to overspend on stuff that is more than the "standard" that the public views. 

but a lot of people have forgotten that we are custom builders so long as a person can afford it you go blow on it but of course only an idiot buyer would actually not spare some cash for his own needs like food or bills etc. different people have different views some like to make the most of their budget and go i5 and such and some people want to buy the best their hard earned money can afford (example would be like i7's). i've seen some people calling others idiot or dumb or retarded or something if someone recommend something out of the "standard" which IMHO shouldn't be since I kinda believe a lot of the people here who lingers around love pc building.

some stuff about 20 bucks actually depending on your country 20 us dollars is already worth a month of food for a 5 person family so no 20 dollars is a lot of others this is something we should understand (but sadly a lot of people are kinda not putting the country where they are from so most people guess something in the US which 20$ could possibly be earned in a day or 3 by some means I don't know.)

In a lot of countries, particularly the U.S. & Canada (because I live here and see it first hand), some people are up to their eyeballs in credit card or Line of Credit debt, because they would rather buy something now and increase their debt load, than set money aside over time for a purchase. You are correct, some people don't seem to understand what the word Budget means. I think it's partly the fault of companies marketing a product as "budget." If a graphic card (for example) is called a "budget card," does that mean it is cheap, or does it mean that the card is really expensive and a person needs to make a budget just so they can afford to buy it? Very interesting to think about. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I really dont see the problem here. you get two options or more, whats bad about that? pick whatever you want.

If no one suggested anything else this forums would be boring as fuq.

I really dont see the problem here. you get two options or more, whats bad about that? pick whatever you want.

If no one suggested anything else this forums would be boring as fuq.

It's not about two options; it's about people telling the OP that they are wrong, and recommending something more expensive.

If there are decent options at the price, recommend something at that price first and foremost. There are very few price points where the products are trash.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

It's not about two options; it's about people telling the OP that they are wrong, and recommending something more expensive.

wrong. he doesnt need to listen.

If there are decent options at the price, recommend something at that price first and foremost. There are very few price points where the products are trash.

Graphics cards <100$

Even Nvidia does it.
nLRPoKx.png

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Graphics cards <100$

Please, go on.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

That was on PCMR Reddit :)

Saw it on imgur and immediately thought of this thread xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I've noticed lately how so many of these topics on recommending a product or model of something go a little like this:

-OP-

-Response-

And this really bugs me for three reasons:

1) You did not help the person who asked for a $50 CPU cooler, you helped a person looking for a $60 or $70 cooler.

3) Typically people will respond to this by saying the OP should save up, but never consider that maybe OP has saved up, and is looking for parts priced below what the responder thinks they should get. Not everyone wants or needs enthusiast-grade equipment!

My proposal:

Instead of taking five seconds to write "This cooler costs more but is better," try taking ten seconds and saying "This one is great for $50, but if you can stretch, this one at $70 would be even better." That way, OP doesn't need to waste time clarifying that they did not, indeed, have more than $50 to spend. And because of this, we can keep threads more concise and help people asking for advice quicker.

Amen to that brotha !

I have a suggestion for you @AMorassOfPixelz since we are in the subject of suggestions.

Stop being a complete and utter nuisance correcting everyone's sentences.

Not everyone has English as a native language and that is extremely condescending.

And it adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.

I´m sure more people would agree with me.

snip

I mean I like your idea but say Product A (in budget) is sort of crappy but Product B (out of budget by no more than $60) performs far better and is more reliable than A. 

Product A might be used and might have a sketchy history... B might be more expensive but it's new in box directly from a store, never been used. B wins for just simply being more reliable. (I.E Someone was looking at getting a used R7 260 or 650 Ti, I recommended they spend $30 more and go for a new and arguably better R9 270.)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization