I want to upgrade. FX8350 or I5 4690K or I7 4790K

Hello fellow no-lifes.

Well, my 770 SLI turned out to be a performance fiasco. It was somewhat obvious.

I realise, it's time to upgrade. I have enough of reading all these reviews, watching benchmars, reading people trashing each other over amd vs intel.

Im just to phucking tired. I need YOUR honest user opinion on this. I got an average wallet, i don't have a gold mine in my yard.

I have an Asus Formula V mobo and the question IS.

Wich one should i get for the upgrade. Future proof, game proof. I only use my pc for gaming, stricly for that. A LOT OF GAMING. I aim for 1080p 60fps and higher.

FX 8350 or I5 4690K or I7 4790K.

I need your first hand experience people, help me spend my harder and money wisely.

Cheers and thank you.

i7 4790K is what I would go with. The FX-8350 is just not worth it anymore.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

-snip-

i5 if gaming mostly, i7 if you stream/render too.

FX only if you don;t game (so don't get that one.)

Probably the i5.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4690k right now, games aren't usinf more threads/cores these days

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

i5 4690k nothing other needed if you don't OC XEON 1231V3

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I had the FX 8350 before, sold it within 4 months. my i5 4670k lasting for 2 almost 2 years and still loving it. :D

I just feel like the AMD CPUs are really great for budget but the performance is all over the place in gaming. When the Intel is stable and just overall great for gaming.

I7 if you work with video/models for money

I5 if you only game

FX if you don't want to shell out for an i7

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

If you edit a lot : i7
But since you only do gaming an overclocked i5 would be beastly. So get that.
The fx 8350 would botteneck the gtx 770 in sli in most titles.

I would say a 4690K and some kind of Z97 motherboard.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If you only want to game at 1080p then honestly the 8350 would be fine. If you don't mine spending the extra money on a new mobo and a 4690k it would be better, but honestly for 1080p gaming I don't think it is worth the premium you'll be paying. 

For dual 770's go with i7, both i5 and AMD 8 core will bottleneck your GPUs, theyre only good for one high end card.

Every FX chip will bottleneck two 770's at 1080p, get a i5-4690k if you're just gaming. 

67506.png

67507.png

67510.png

More links in my sig

Where do you pull such of crap benchies out of LOL ?

One midrange card* 

And in that regard, so are i3's.

You got issues bro.

You got issues bro.

The only one that is biased, is you. Don't be "that AMD guy" on this forum, you will lose.

AMD FX CPU's shouldn't be used with anything higher than a 270X or GTX 760.

Where do you pull such of crap benchies out of LOL ?

-snip-

Get over yourself you arrogant troll, you've seen the benchmarks.

Don't insult me and Majestic and not provide one damn piece of information to back up what you say.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Get over yourself you arrogant troll, you've seen the benchmarks.

Don't insult me and Majestic and not provide one damn piece of information to back up what you say.

Prove your benchmarks are genuine first or GTFO.

There's four reputable sources in my signature if you want to take a look. 

Do you have any information showing that they aren't genuine? 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

i5 4690k nothing other needed if you don't OC XEON 1231V3

+1 

If you get a Xeon you can't get a much cheaper motherboard since you will not need to overclock.

If I didn't get a 4690k and z97 motherboard for $300 I would of gone for the Xeon.

Also I love my x5650, but I would not really recommend that route unless you can find a good deal on a good motherboard.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophic_burden_of_proof

Well i got this right here, proving FX 8350 can handle 2 770s with avg fps of 120.

You consider some random youtube video better evidence than 4 respectable websites doing proper testing? I'm also not seeing 99% GPU load so it's not "handling" them.

Well i got this right here, proving FX 8350 can handle 2 770s with avg fps of 120.

85% and 59% GPU usage, you literally just made a point against yourself. Or am I reading that wrong?

Either way, BF4 is the perfect game for FX-8350. It's the game FX users always fall back on. 

I encourage you to read my signature in entirety so you can see for yourself that FX chips are not comparable to i5's and WILL bottleneck high end GPU's. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Oh youre becoming desperate i see.

No, you just don't even understand the basics of discussions. You enter the topic, start insulting everyone and provide weak evidence to support your claim.

You have no argument, so stop this passive-agressive nonsense.

That video contradicts your argument, not sure what it's supposed to prove. Both GPU's are below 80% load and he's staring at a rock. Check mine, or fate's sig for support of our claims.