I want to upgrade. FX8350 or I5 4690K or I7 4790K

To close this matter. I'll ask overclockers. Is my be!quiet DarkRock 2 is enough to blow the I7 out of socks or do i need a watercooler unit or air. What is the best option/model??

Your DarkRock 2 will be absolutely fine with the i7 4790K at any reasonable clock speed.

And thank you for not listening to the drivelling fanboy. We need less of them on this forum.

Still avg frame rate stays above 60, wtf do you expect from single 770 you weirdo ? Put up a video with i5/770 with BF4 multi player performance.

Also heres your beloved i5 running BF4 with GTX 770 and fps are all over the place...

What does how weak/how powerful a 770 is, have to do with not being able to hit higher than 70% usage? Thats like saying a P4 can't hit 100% because it's weak >.> Since you asked for multiplayer performance etc, anyways we're using here GPU usage to determine CPU performance and not just some random video from a guy who's not showing his settings comparing it straight with a guy running max settings. Anything below 99% usage is a CPU bottleneck;

Thats a 60$ CPU keeping the GPU at 99% most of the time.

The 8350 bottlenecks so badly while there wasn't that much happening.

Reading that much of fan boyism make me feel like I/O is back :wacko: ... 8 cores are amazing! As long as you mean the 8 cores of a 5960X...

For gaming the i5 is a good choice and won´t kill the budget.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Fate, Majestic, Fluffy Jello, Dylan. Thank you for your constructive input.  I have sunk into the subject, read what you guys provided. I decided. I will pick Intel, wich one i'll give it a thought. More likely the I7 4790K. This will be a really big investment wich i hope i won't regret and it will endure the test if time. Prolly will end up with a loan. lol. What saddens me the most is that i fucked up my rig in the first place. I'm long time AMD user and i fallen for those FX promises. Time to change.

The 4790k and i5-4690k perform similarly in gaming, so I'd save your money and invest in a cooler for an i5-4690k unless you have a need for 8 threads. Can confirm, my i7 uses 4 threads in like 99.99% of games. I haven't played or watched usage of the 0.01% of games that may use more than 4 threads effectively lol.

The #1 reason I have an i7-4790k was because it was at Microcenter, #2 is because I dabble in video editing every now and again.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

get a 4430 purely for gaming, for 50% more £££ you can get the K which will help in really old games like sims2 or games made by ubishit...if you're into that BDSM stuff

for anyone saying fx8's bottleneck top tier cards, stop being a fanboy and get off your knee's

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

AMD FX CPU's shouldn't be used with anything higher than a 270X or GTX 760.

My Phenom II X6 isn't bottlenecking my 7870 GHz (same as 270X) so obviously you don't know what you're saying.

"Rawr XD"

My Phenom II X6 isn't bottlenecking my 7870 GHz (same as 270X) so obviously you don't know what you're saying.

Same here(8320 is around the same as a X6(single core performance))

Can LMG do a review of methods to kill fanboys? or at least end their slap-fights?

We get it. You guys like AMD, and you other guys like Intel. If it works for you fine. "Mines better than yours" mentality belongs in the circular file(trash bin). 4 pages were wasted on that trash. Any meaningful content could have been lost in the sea of fanboy rants. Please, do the community a favor...next time, try to keep it to a minimum.

Using an i5 non-refresh myself and having no issues. Amazing stability, got lucky with a slightly above-average chip (more likely to get better chips on Devil's Canyon). 

Spoiler

CPU: AMD 5800X

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3070 Ti

SSD: WD SN850X 4TB x2

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus Master B550

Case: Fractal Torrent

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

That's because an X6 is faster than a FX CPU. I do know what i'm saying.

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/203?vs=699

Look at my sig, again. And find out just how bad they are when coupled with high-end graphics cards. Most consoleports they can't even manage 60fps average.

Can LMG do a review of methods to kill fanboys? or at least end their slap-fights?

No because they lose a chunk of their audience. No matter how well the science is done, people will call them biased and leave. This is why these youtubers/entrepreneurs don't do these types of tests, or if they do create a result which is inconclusive so they can pander to both sides. It sounds childish, but when they do this for a living, I tend to place their evidence under more scrutiny. Also, LMG has the quantity over quality aproach. They want to get a certain number of video's out each week, it's what is most profitable for them and I don't really blame them. But doing a test of this magnitude takes time they don't have.

A review like this was already done by Brian from TechYesCity, and it's pretty conclusive;

That's because an X6 is faster than a FX CPU. I do know what i'm saying.

http://anandtech.com/bench/product/203?vs=699

Look at my sig, again. And find out just how bad they are when coupled with high-end graphics cards. Most consoleports they can't even manage 60fps average.

Not going to look at your sig if you don't even look at mine. 1075T, buddy. http://anandtech.com/bench/product/185?vs=698

Same here(8320 is around the same as a X6(single core performance))

At the same clock speeds X6 is actually better then FX single threaded, but 8320 is higher clocked out of the factory :P

We get it. You guys like AMD, and you other guys like Intel. If it works for you fine. "Mines better than yours" mentality belongs in the circular file(trash bin). 4 pages were wasted on that trash. Any meaningful content could have been lost in the sea of fanboy rants. Please, do the community a favor...next time, try to keep it to a minimum.

I don't know about you, but it wasn't a fanboy rant that I was getting on about. I used to like AMD, but now I'm just on the fence, and go with whatever's better for my money. I had the choice to switch to an i5-4460 at no cost to me, but I didn't, because it wouldn't have provided me with any benefit as my GPU is not bottlenecked by my CPU, and I would end up wasting time having to swtich over the hardware as well as reinstall Windows. Even at zero cost to me, it wasn't worth the effort. I don't dick ride AMD, if it was truly bottlenecking my GPU even by a little bit I would have switched, but it isn't.

"Rawr XD"

What does how weak/how powerful a 770 is, have to do with not being able to hit higher than 70% usage? Thats like saying a P4 can't hit 100% because it's weak >.> Since you asked for multiplayer performance etc, anyways we're using here GPU usage to determine CPU performance and not just some random video from a guy who's not showing his settings comparing it straight with a guy running max settings. Anything below 99% usage is a CPU bottleneck;

Thats a 60$ CPU keeping the GPU at 99% most of the time.

The 8350 bottlenecks so badly while there wasn't that much happening.

nevermind im a retard.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Not going to look at your sig if you don't even look at mine. 1075T, buddy. http://anandtech.com/bench/product/185?vs=698

Does that change anything? No, It doesn't. The performance of the Deneb and Vishera are still nearly identical, in fact had they been clocked identical the Deneb would probably beat the 6300 in gaming. I said don't use an FX series with anything HIGHER than a 270X or 760. Meaning the FX series will still OK-ish work with those. Except for their subpar min. framerates ofcourse.

Your claim that the 1075T isn't bottlenecking your 270X (pretty sure it is though) still doesn't negate that statement. You're basically agreeing with me. Who isn't reading which's comment here.

Who isn't reading which's comment here.

You, because it's already been established above that X6 would beat FX in single-threaded workloads when both CPUs are clocked the same.

And also, it's Thuban, not Deneb. 

"Rawr XD"

You, because it's already been established above that X6 would beat FX in single-threaded workloads when both CPUs are clocked the same.

You saying something does not an establishment make. Also, that comment came afterwards. The only thing you said so me was that your 1075T didn't bottleneck your 7870 added by some uncalled-for snearing remark that I was clueless. To which I replied that your 1075T is on par with the fx series I made the original statement about and therefor isn't really compelling evidence. Stop being so dense please.

Hello fellow no-lifes.

Well, my 770 SLI turned out to be a performance fiasco. It was somewhat obvious.

I realise, it's time to upgrade. I have enough of reading all these reviews, watching benchmars, reading people trashing each other over amd vs intel.

Im just to phucking tired. I need YOUR honest user opinion on this. I got an average wallet, i don't have a gold mine in my yard.

I have an Asus Formula V mobo and the question IS.

Wich one should i get for the upgrade. Future proof, game proof. I only use my pc for gaming, stricly for that. A LOT OF GAMING. I aim for 1080p 60fps and higher.

FX 8350 or I5 4690K or I7 4790K.

I need your first hand experience people, help me spend my harder and money wisely.

Cheers and thank you.

You paired 770 SLI with a 1100T? DAMN!!!!! Dude spend the money. Go X99

709.77 AR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157542

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148866

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117402

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Oh youre becoming desperate i see.

Did you hit your head?

The alternative is X99? C'mon..

X99 is for those who wont need to upgrade till 2018

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

this is misleading as hell. the first one used DX11 and second MANTLE. and the first one even had AA post disabled

Mantle with a 780? Haha

if using DX11 lots of cpus will push 100% on gpu, if using MANTLE the gpu usage will be less because the gpu is taking load off the cpu. i played around with this many times. my 8350 could run dual 280xs at 95-100% in DX11 but on MANTLE get 60-80% but it doesnt matter because the fps is almost doubled going from dx11 to mantle. so what if you got 100% gpu on dx11 if your fps is 60-70 and so what if mantle has 60-80% if your fps is 120 and up.

You won't have more frames at a lower GPU usage with a different API. And no your CPU was bottlenecking by a large amount

the second video may be "bottlenecked" but the fps they were getting was 100+,the first video that wasnt bottlenecked only had 60-70 fps....THATS ALMOST HALF.

With lower settings, if I lowered the settings I would have had twice the frames anyways. Hence why we are using the GPU usage instead of FPS as a performance number.

IF USING MY 4770K WITH MANTLE MY GPU USAGE IS EXACTLY THE SAME 60-80%,the same as 8350 using mantle.

How do you expect us to argue with numbers you saw which we can't even check if they're right or wrong?

Mantle with a 780? Haha

You won't have more frames at a lower GPU usage with a different API. And no your CPU was bottlenecking by a large amount

With lower settings, if I lowered the settings I would have had twice the frames anyways. Hence why we are using the GPU usage instead of FPS as a performance number.

How do you expect us to argue with numbers you saw which we can't even check if they're right or wrong?

okay you got me with the mantle 780 thing. everything else i could argue all day . but i look like a retard already so...you win this round!

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

okay you got me with the mantle 780 thing. everything else i could argue all day . but i look like a retard already so...you win this round!

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The price of a X99 platform buys you a platform now + a new one in the future. 

I dont consider 700 dollars to be super expensive 

I dont consider 700 dollars to be super expensive 

700$ for roughly 300$ performance is a lot