NVIDIA Sends Press Invitations To March 3rd Event, Teasing A Gaming Product '5 Years In The Making'

abhay6547

Please be VR.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

i say it's a keyboard, 'cause why not

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Made to cost you money, handicapped to try and get you to spend more.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

WHAT THE FLAP?!?!?!!?1

ITS IN FLAPPING SAN FRANCISCO???

WATTT??

Shit how do i get an invite? JK

Wait stupid quesiton, but can you go without getting an invite?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

WHAT THE FLAP?!?!?!!?1

ITS IN FLAPPING SAN FRANCISCO???

WATTT??

Shit how do i get an invite? JK

Wait stupid quesiton, but can you go without getting an invite?

I don't think so, I think you have to pay to get a ticket to the event. HERE

i say it's a keyboard, 'cause why not

With a 980 inside?

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I don't think so, I think you have to pay to get a ticket to the event. HERE

GDC? Oh i get it.. That sucks ;C

My dad's going to GTC anyways tho, so yay

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

IF you are in the US, the 3rd of March is National Pancake Day. To celebrate, go get free pancakes at your local IHOP while you watch the Nvidia event.

'cause everyone loves free pancakes xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

The only thing I want to hear Nvidia announce is Shield Portable 2. I'll buy one if they release one.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

TITAN II here we go!!!

Titan X!

PrTwRxv.png

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

• 2 weeks later...

It got 2 GB of vram, 4 months later.....

Ah sry a misscommunication appealed. Well it only got 1.5 GB of vram, haha

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

todaays-the-day.gif?w=474

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

just over 4 hours :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We will know soon :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Probably something revolving around the Tegra 'Parker'. As Denver has been a five year development and Parker finally marries both of Nvidia's CPU and GPU IP.

Can't be much else than GRID... but wait and see I suppose. GRID would be kinda cool, although my internet isn't fast enough to use it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What would you all do if Nvidia and Intel just jointly developed a super optimized game engine and released cheap dev kits for it?

Lets say that happens,  the first thing AMD fanboys would say is that Intel and NVidia have destroyed gaming with their proprietary shit.

Nvidia fanboys would jump with teenybopper glee and the potential.

Everyone else would just get on with life knowing full well that the world will keep turning and tomorrow will be another day.

And the thing that amazes me most about this post is that the word "teenybopper" was in the dictionary already. :blink:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Forgot that Game Works also exists to sell SLI setups for low resolutions like 1080p/1440p LOL. Got to love Game Works. It is getting so bad people with Nvidia cards are turning down tessellation in games because they run like garbage.

In all seriousness though it will be some kind of proprietary BS. If it is streaming I could give two @$%@^ because streaming is not the future. We need a completely new internet infrastructure, and even then streaming introduces artifacts, lag (multiplayer is pointless) and worse fidelity than a real system. In addition it will also cost more in the long run for the consumer.

In house streaming? We already have Steam. Gaming on phones sucks. Gaming on portables sucks. It is something little kids do on the bus to school (I had a Sega Game Gear as a kid and guess what, it SUCKED). Why the hell would I use a Shield when I can stream to a TV on the wall in my bedroom and use a cordless Xbox 360 controller...

Not like I need to continue my game when I am on the toilet. That is when I actually use my phone for something other than making calls or taking pictures. I read the newspaper/tech sites. 

Streaming is something video game companies want to do, to "end piracy" but the cost is lower fidelity, worse gameplay. It is never going to happen. They want to convince people it is going to happen and it is awesome. It is not awesome it sucks. It will even suck on internet infrastructure we currently don't even have yet. In addition we will get raped by the cable companies for the bandwidth.

Actually i'm going to have to disagree with you on the streaming part, at least for the latency.

Now first I am going to say, yes the latency is real and does impact things. I'm not going to deny that our infrastructure needs to improve before this because a mainstream thing. HOWEVER. I've had a Shield Portable since launch and tried the Grid beta as soon as I could. I couldn't get my router to work on the 5GHz band at the time and I was getting around 1 full second of delay between controller action and the video getting to the Shield. It happened on the PC instantly though. What does that have to do with the Grid beta? Well. So I was running on a 2.4 GHz connection, and to my PC that was about 5 feet wirelessly between me and my router and about 25 feet of CAT6 to the PC. When connecting to the Grid server (the only server at the time being in northern California) and playing a game it felt damn near close to running on the Shield itself. Distance between me and the server? Well i'm in southern Indiana. So... yea. Miles and miles away and i'm getting a faster connection to their servers than to my PC sitting 25 feet away as far as my Shield is concerned, ignoring the fact that I could have been touching the Shield to the tower (yes I know that would have done nothing).

Now switching to the 5GHz band and I have that same latency between my PC and the Shield finally, if not a little better. Yes, you can almost feel the lag. You can certainly see it if you hold the screen up to your monitor. But I was playing Titanfall and CoD just fine and just as well as if I was sitting in front of my PC playing. Now at times it does feel like theres... more.... like your character has more weigh to him in turning and stuff... doesn't affect me too much but I can see where some people can be really bothered by it. But for the most part it's an almost flawless experience imo. And the Grid beta feels just as smooth as before if not a little more so, also no telling how many optimizations and updates have come along as well.

Conclusion; is streaming perfect? Nah. It still has a little ways to go. But can you play most games just fine like that? Yea. Can you play multiplayer just fine? Yea. Does it look as good, eh it's probably more noticeable on a bigger screen but it looks pretty decent. I mean it could be compared to a bit better quality than a decent high quality Youtube video. Is that the same fidelity you get running on your hardware normally? nah. But is it better than OnLive? You bet it is, hands down leaps and bounds better than OnLive ever hoped to be.

And right now, at least for people who buy a Shield Portable or Tablet know what they're getting into more or less. The Portable is something i've wanted since the early GameCube days wishing I could strap a screen to my controller and walk around the house playing games. And since i've moved over to the PC the Shield Portable was the answer for that. Is it perfect? Nah, but it could be so much worse. The streaming can only get faster and better, and i'm excited to see where that niche market goes. I'm also glad to see people like Nintendo with their Wii U gamepad letting you take the game from the TV to the controller, or the PS4 allowing streaming to the Vita. It's all stuff I could only dream of when I was younger, what I would have given to have that if I had something to give.

Now, do I want Nvidia's announcement tomorrow to be Grid? No. Will it be? Likely. Could it be a VR headset? Maybe... though I doubt they've been working on that for 5 years and I wouldn't say that would revolutionize the future of gaming. At least... they can't claim that themselves since at least to us they're really really late in the game of getting a VR headset out first and personally i'm more excited to see what becomes of HTC/Valve's Vive more than a headset from Nvidia. They'd have to do something really really amazing with VR to make us all forget about the Rift or Vive.

So unless it's something from way out in left field, it's going to be Grid. Disappointing? yea. But then we all expect Valve to announce Half Life 3 later today and well... we all joke and we all hope we hear SOMETHING about it but... I think we all know better by this point. They could surprise us, but honestly i'm hoping they just talk more about Vive.

Finally its the day we find out. It better not be dissapointing.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE