NVIDIA Sends Press Invitations To March 3rd Event, Teasing A Gaming Product '5 Years In The Making'

abhay6547

No, phallus symbols are too misogynistic. And then FemFreq will come and ruin our GPUs.

Well, then the can of worms just opened then.  :P

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

The 970 isn't "broken", it was just misadvertised. 

They lied.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

No no NO!  Nvidia just stop it.  More fail again.

http://www.cnet.com/news/nvidia-goes-after-xbox-and-playstation-with-shield/

So anything that they make aside from GPU's are failures?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

Yep, especially if it was a miscommunication. They haven't really said anything at all, apart from the fact that the GTX 970 is designed to work the way it does.

It wasn't miscommunication.  You idiots being sold on that are stupid.  They outright lied.

Well, then the can of worms just opened then.  :P

SLI a Sword and a Shield.  Sword will happen to be on top, so it will be the Master card, and the Shield will be the Slave card. Get them more mad.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

So anything that they make aside from GPU's are failures?

Streaming game service for a monthly fee is not what I want to see for gaming.  I want to own my games as much as I can and this does not help and therefore I am hating on the product.  Also it is something that is anti-Nvidia in terms of offering the best they can for gaming.  This is not something I want to see them in.  If they were to make a console that had true next gen graphics then that would have been something.

"PhysX didn't work"

"3D Vision didn't work"

"Our competitor did G-sync better" (?)

"Gameworks only exists to make games run poorly on our older video cards and AMD's video cards and offers no visual benefit."

What will the minds of Nvidia think of next?

PhysX is awesome.  The people not using Nvidia cards to play games the way they are meant to be played are just cheating themselves.

It wasn't miscommunication.  You idiots being sold on that are stupid.  They outright lied.

Miscommunication about the way the vRAM actually works (ie. they didn't say a thing), the outright lie was the ROPS and L2 cache. But again, its still a shitload better than anything my family owns, or my GTX 650ti OC 2GB (also better than anything my family owns).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I now wonder if NVIDIA will be releasing a new GPU at all this year. 

Honestly who cares after the GTX 970 deal.  I don't want anything from them.  I guess though they could release something and I could buy it used so I wouldn't be giving them coin so there is that.  

SLI a Sword and a Shield.  Sword will happen to be on top, so it will be the Master card, and the Shield will be the Slave card. Get them more mad.

This train has no breaks.  :P

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

PhysX is awesome.  The people not using Nvidia cards to play games the way they are meant to be played are just cheating themselves.

PhysX with a GTX 970 and GTX 650ti: the maximum FPS of the GTX 970 on its own changed to the average when I added the GTX 650 for physx. If devs used physx more it would mean that people could actually get a lot more life out of their GPUs. Oh, wait. Nvidia wouldn't want that and sucks when it comes to working with anyone. They won't even consider making an open source driver for Linux.

PMSL

BTW, if you don't like Nvidia any more change your profile pic to 'PhysX by Agiea'

PMSL

Honestly who cares after the GTX 970 deal.  I don't want anything from them.  I guess though they could release something and I could buy it used so I wouldn't be giving them coin so there is that.

The benchmark and game performance specs where known in advance. at 4K the game ran like crap. If you decided to ignore this and bought it anyways, despite also the massive price drop from the 980, then the problem is you.

I am not defending Nvidia mistake, which lead to false advertising, and sadly, by principal, they should pay the price like any other business. A lawsuit was launch against them already. This is not related to the RAM, but L2 cache and ROP.

You have the 4GB of RAM, and it is fully accessible, and the 512MB is just slow, but faster than your system RAM by large amounts.

The return rate of 970 was extremely small, as most people got what they expected. The card can't do 4K, and they have a 1080p or 1440p monitor, and the card can deliver the performance.

BTW, if you don't like Nvidia any more change your profile pic to 'PhysX by Agiea'

I like PhysX and so I will still keep the Nvidia logo.  I also can buy used products by Nvidia right now and that is what I say people do til Nvidia learns from this and the only way to do it is by them feeling it in the wallet.  I was going to sell off two cards and some other stuff to get a GTX 970 but then they did what they did.  They deserve all the hate they get from some and they also deserve a kick in the *** for bringing out this half arse console.

half arse console.

I think its really cool though

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I think its really cool though

I knew their announcement was going to be a console and that is kind of cool in that they would be butting head with MS and Sony but I had hoped for the usual type of console.  I had hoped we would see them take away exclusives from PS4 and Xbox One and be creating a system that also allowed for non digital games/streamed games.  Xbox One flopped for a reason in some ways and Nvidia adopting MS's original plan seems stupid and it seems like yet another attempt to force people to go away from hard copies and owning games.

I knew their announcement was going to be a console and that is kind of cool in that they would be butting head with MS and Sony but I had hoped for the usual type of console.  I had hoped we would see them take away exclusives from PS4 and Xbox One and be creating a system that also allowed for non digital games/streamed games.  Xbox One flopped for a reason in some ways and Nvidia adopting MS's original plan seems stupid and it seems like yet another attempt to force people to go away from hard copies and owning games.

but android and PC are very much digital download platforms, they dont make the games, or own any studios so have no say in that

Nvidia do not have THAT much clout when it comes to gaming, compared to say, Sony, or Steam etc they can just provide hardware to play games on, and thats what they have done!

Disc based games are dead to me personally, though I understand some peoples needs, nvidia are looking forwards not backwards

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

The can remote streams the audio when you plug headphones. Not really amazingly original (see WiiU as an example), but cool none the less.

or the ps4...

...and Roku.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

5y in making, "redefine future of gaming". Is this a joke lol?! TV? Console? Tablet? Streaming? Latency? Expensive connection? Low quality? Low fps?

Word gaming in this, those marketing terms/posters.. So lame. Maybe for TV couche lamers that watch lame movies/shows on uber expensive tv.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The Steam Link is honestly more interesting than what Nvidia has been doing for the past 5 years.