People Who Are Too Focused On Gaming

reapersivan

Hey, yes I know this is random, therefore I have this in the Off-Topic category. Do any of you know anyone who focuses a massive crap ton on gaming and like 0.00000000001 on their actual social life? I mean as in they aren't like average guy who says "check out that girl" or "Ball is life" or gossip? I have friends who are like that. Yes, I know I shouldn't judge and all, but it kinda bothers me... They never talk about girls butt can spend all day watching gaming videos or gaming it all day. I don't wanna be messed up or anything, but are those people considered, low lifes? (I better not see that gaming image that says "gamers have many lives")

I don't care about girls or boys atm. Really couldn't be bothered to get more things on my head. I play video games because I want to relax, finding a person is not relaxing.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hey, yes I know this is random, therefore I have this in the Off-Topic category. Do any of you know anyone who focuses a massive crap ton on gaming and like 0.00000000001 on their actual social life? I mean as in they aren't like average guy who says "check out that girl" or "Ball is life" or gossip? I have friends who are like that. Yes, I know I shouldn't judge and all, but it kinda bothers me... They never talk about girls butt can spend all day watching gaming videos or gaming it all day. I don't wanna be messed up or anything, but are those people considered, low lifes? (I better not see that gaming image that says "gamers have many lives")

I have some friends like that but I wouldn't call them low-lifes. They're uber-smart but they spend a shit-ton of time playing classic games and newer non-AAA games. As far as myself, I spend my time on this site (because it rocks), working (because money) and at college (a mix between classes and socializing) so putting more money into my computer doesnt make sense to me anymore as I game maybe 4 hours a week.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Not really.

Dudes talking about girls a lot annoys me to no end: sitting in the library at school seeing these dudes hit on women like they're just sex objects bothers me. I also tend to not stick around when people start talking about sports games non-stop.

That's probably why I barely have any friends compared to most people. Oh well. I'll deal with it.

Ball is life

My friends and I talk about 80% basketball and 20% everything else.

System: Thinkpad T460

Not really.

Dudes talking about girls a lot annoys me to no end: sitting in the library at school seeing these dudes hit on women like they're just sex objects bothers me. I also tend to not stick around when people start talking about sports games non-stop.

That's probably why I barely have any friends compared to most people. Oh well. I'll deal with it.

Like whenever there is a hott girl and say "she looks fine" and she could look amazing, they choose to hornicate over some "quickscope" or non-funny gaming video

Like whenever there is a hott girl and say "she looks fine" and she could look amazing, they choose to hornicate over some "quickscope" or non-funny gaming video

maybe she is just fine to them? People have different tastes.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Ball is life

My friends and I talk about 80% basketball and 20% everything else.

I am not very athletic but do enjoy playing basketball. There are always those people who choose to do nothing at my school while everyone is doing exercise and bekng actove and they are all just huddled up talking about a new game.

I don't know too many people who do that over montage/montage parodies. The guys I go to LAN's (just at one of our houses, nothing fancy; just set up a bunch of tables and play multiplayer games) with are normal people.

Also, it's one thing to admire a woman's looks, but it's another thing to objectify them. When you're nudging your buddies to check out a beautiful woman, that's objectifying them and is disrespectful, IMO. The last girl I dated hated that crap. She could have easily been a model if she wanted to, but she didn't; every time we'd go to the mall to shop, I'd see guys looking at her and occasionally someone would whistle at her. It's rude and flatout retarded.

maybe she is just fine to them? People have different tastes.

Yeah I remember by friend once saying "I kinda like girls who look like guys" then he also said, "who aren't "Tom Boys" and he shows me a pic of his crush who looks like an unpubertized 11 year old when she is 15

I am not very athletic but do enjoy playing basketball. There are always those people who choose to do nothing at my school while everyone is doing exercise and bekng actove and they are all just huddled up talking about a new game.

Are you attending college? Because I only go to college take my classes and never talk to anyone haha

So you're telling me you'd rather have people disrespect women and talk about them as if they were objects, than have them discuss, as a group, something they all enjoy and appreciate, and with which does not disrespect anybody? Seems like it's not them that need to get their priorities in order. They will do what they do how and when they want to. If they're not worried about looking at women, you shouldn't worry. You should first worry about why you're so concerned about it in the first place.

I don't know too many people who do that over montage/montage parodies. The guys I go to LAN's (just at one of our houses, nothing fancy; just set up a bunch of tables and play multiplayer games) with are normal people.

Also, it's one thing to admire a woman's looks, but it's another thing to objectify them. When you're nudging your buddies to check out a beautiful woman, that's objectifying them and is disrespectful, IMO. The last girl I dated hated that crap. She could have easily been a model if she wanted to, but she didn't; every time we'd go to the mall to shop, I'd see guys looking at her and occasionally someone would whistle at her. It's rude and flatout retarded.

Yeah we aren't disrespectful though. They seem to lack interest in girls, they would rather marry their console or pc instead of talking and meeting new girls. They choose electronics over a relationship and they would rather be Virgin their whole life! (Oof there is someone who is gonna say, "You don't need to have sex, it's not important or anything")

Are you attending college? Because I only go to college take my classes and never talk to anyone haha

High School. Sophomore

Yeah we aren't disrespectful though. They seem to lack interest in girls, they would rather marry their console or pc instead of talking and meeting new girls. They choose electronics over a relationship and they would rather be Virgin their whole life! (Oof there is someone who is gonna say, "You don't need to have sex, it's not important or anything")

Well here's the thing, I see where you're coming from but don't think that they're not worried about women, because they are; they just don't want some snobby woman who's going to not like their hobbies. They want someone who's going to accept them for who they are. There's also the possibility that they swing the other way as well.

So you're telling me you'd rather have people disrespect women and talk about them as if they were objects, than have them discuss, as a group, something they all enjoy and appreciate, and with which does not disrespect anybody? Seems like it's not them that need to get their priorities in order. They will do what they do how and when they want to. If they're not worried about looking at women, you shouldn't worry. You should first worry about why you're so concerned about it in the first place.

We are not the type of guys to disrespect and all, we respect everyone, except me, only when they are being annoying, immature and stupid is when you gotta say something. I have never called a girl at school a bitch or a hoe or labeled them in such a vulgar way

Well here's the thing, I see where you're coming from but don't think that they're not worried about women, because they are; they just don't want some snobby woman who's going to not like their hobbies. They want someone who's going to accept them for who they are. There's also the possibility that they swing the other way as well.

I have had the thought of one of them being gay, but I just don't want to think of it.

We are not the type of guys to disrespect and all, we respect everyone, except me, only when they are being annoying, immature and stupid is when you gotta say something. I have never called a girl at school a bitch or a hoe or labeled them in such a vulgar way

"Damn that girl is fine..." isn't exactly helping your case. I've never felt the need ot discuss with any of my friends how hot a woman is. I usually keep that to myself. 

YAY you took your time to do that for/to me.

All 20 seconds, mhm!

"Damn that girl is fine..." isn't exactly helping your case. I've never felt the need ot discuss with any of my friends how hot a woman is. I usually keep that to myself.

Cmon don't lie, every guy does it. There are girls at school who wear clothing for attention. Some show cleavage or lots of skin. Don't tell me you haven't thought that to be provocative at all?

Sating something/someone looks good doesn't make it vulgar.

System: Thinkpad T460