People Who Are Too Focused On Gaming

reapersivan

I'm from that group, all my school mates including me are big nerds and we talk a ton about games and parts. 

but they each also have there own thing that helps them stay sane. For me I've always been find with the nerd title, because if thats all people see than skrew em. 

I divide my time between DJ'ing, Track Racing, Go Karting, Gaming and Wake boarding. I'm a little extreme with my hobbies. But I def think you have to have a balance, no matter how much of a super nerd or elite gamer you are. 

I am a nerd as well. Last year I had this really close friend I consider a Bro. WE did everything together and hung out a lot and messed around. He talked about soccer, played it, played pc and lots of more stuff. He liked sports a lot. I have known him for 3 years and he switched schools so I can't hang out with him. I have another friend who I have known since 4th grade, he is well... immature and if I want to talk to him it HAS TO BE about gaming. He pays no interest in anything else. He is what you call, a "chicken" we ask him to play Basketball, " I don't wanna get hurt." He instead chooses to stand around and talk about games. I honestly wish he was diverse, so that there could be a lot to talk about, like my friend who I consider a Bro. I want to have conversations that differ and are not always about gaming. 

here here, nacido y criado en Mexico, pero me vine a estudiar el college a US!

Que bueno! come te esta llendo

I focus most of my time on gaming/internet related things.

Why? Because most "normal" people irritate the shit out of me. I think about girls a lot yes, but right now a girlfriend is unobtainable for a variety of reasons.

And before anyone says "you just need to get out more" no. I don't, I find social interaction with others in person to be taxing at best, and offers little to no benefit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I focus more on technology (consumer electronics and PCs, not gaming) than girls because knowledge of technology will probably get me a job in one of the highest paying fields of work in my country and arguably the world (America's top-paying job is software developer), while thinking about girl's boobs will not. Actually, the latter would probably get me labeled as a pervert and get me some restraining orders.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with it. Especially if it is a compliment and not just someone who only cares about bodily features. I just don't care for doing it myself.

Complementing looks are fine, like: "Hey, you look nice today."

This is not fine:

"Hello, woman. I just want to say your butt and boobs look nice today."

If I were a woman, I'd run away screaming while calling the police if anyone said that to me.

Yes, commenting on random girls' butts is extremely mature and a sign of having a full and developed social life.

I always found it vaguely disgusting to just casually comment on other people's bodies, especially when you don't even know them. And i always thought there were more interesting things to talk about with my friends than the body of a girl I'll never actually get to know, let alone love or marry. And this is completely unrelated to gaming, although it is often the topic of our conversations (OFTEN, not always, and I talk about different things with different friends). There is more to girls than their bodies, too, in case you haven't noticed.

THIS x1000.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Are you attending college? Because I only go to college take my classes and never talk to anyone haha

that is my life :)

Hey, yes I know this is random, therefore I have this in the Off-Topic category. Do any of you know anyone who focuses a massive crap ton on gaming and like 0.00000000001 on their actual social life? I mean as in they aren't like average guy who says "check out that girl" or "Ball is life" or gossip? I have friends who are like that. Yes, I know I shouldn't judge and all, but it kinda bothers me... They never talk about girls butt can spend all day watching gaming videos or gaming it all day. I don't wanna be messed up or anything, but are those people considered, low lifes? (I better not see that gaming image that says "gamers have many lives")

I don't like to talk about girls/women, I mostly keep that kind of stuff to myself.

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I focus more on technology (consumer electronics and PCs, not gaming) than girls because knowledge of technology will probably get me a job in one of the highest paying fields of work in my country and arguably the world (America's top-paying job is software developer), while thinking about girl's boobs will not. Actually, the latter would probably get me labeled as a pervert and get me some restraining orders.

Complementing looks are fine, like: "Hey, you look nice today."

This is not fine:

"Hello, woman. I just want to say your butt and boobs look nice today."

If I were a woman, I'd run away screaming while calling the police if anyone said that to me.

THIS x1000.

Just waiting for a "Hey guy, your bulge looks good today." One day, one day. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

At school I mostly don't talk since the majority of the people in my classes are quite annoying and try to divert the teachers attention to other things than leaning what material we are supposed to learn.

Here is some more of my philosophy,

"The more a man cultivates the arts, the less randy he becomes... Only the brute is good at coupling, and copulation is the lyricism of the masses. To copulate is to enter into another—and the artist never emerges from himself."- Charles Baudlaire

Just waiting for a "Hey guy, your bulge looks good today." One day, one day. 

There is the double standard yeah , women usually get that type of comments more.

But I will do it.

Hey your bulge looks good today.

High School. Sophomore

This thread makes sense now!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

There is the double standard yeah , women usually get that type of comments more.

But I will do it.

Hey your bulge looks good today.

Gasp. How dare you! This is why we need malism! 

I kid. :P

In truth, I would have no idea of how to react to that in public. Most likely just blush up and rush away.  :lol:

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Gasp. How dare you! This is why we need malism! 

I kid. :P

In truth, I would have no idea of how to react to that in public. Most likely just blush up and rush away.  :lol:

Dont mind me im a crazy person.

I would probably do that IRL just to see the persons reaction.

Dont mind me im a crazy person.

I would probably do that IRL just to see the persons reaction.

That's crazy? Just seems very jolly. :P

why would i want to go outside and go places and meet people. it will only end in spending money on pointless things like foodand drinks, which you can get from the fridge for a much lower price.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I call it crazy ;)

Most people know im a nut job but i do have fun :D

My kind of person.  :lol:

All of my friends love the pub too much to be in this category, myself included.......  Although along time back I did know someone who would leave school at the end of the day, would then play on the Xbox till the early hours, come back in, talk and live fifa in any spare time, and then repeat, crazy imo. 

Do what you want with your life man, if you like heroin do heroin, if you like gaming do gaming, if you like banging hoes, bang hoes, if you like to do jack shit then do that. Simple.