People Who Are Too Focused On Gaming

reapersivan

Cmom don't lie, every guy does it. There are girls at school who wear clothing for attention. Some show cleavage or lots of skin. Don't tell me you haven't thought that to be provocative at all?

I don't turn to my friends and go "ohhh my gooood look at her cleavage!!!!" I keep these thoughts to myself.

I don't turn to my friends and go "ohhh my gooood look at her cleavage!!!!" I keep these thoughts to myself.

I don't mean it like that. We or I, never disrespect women. I usually have said "damn! This girl is cute" or "this girl is pretty hott" I honestly do not find it to be disrespect to any group of women becauseany girls today wear short, provocative clothes. Many seek attention from guys and want to be noticed and want guys to think of them and stuff. Cmon, no girl wear very short, tight clothes showing cleavage and anything else to say, "I am comfortable" therefore I do not see my comments of girls being rude at all. Most guys admire girls and want other guys to do so.

Society is fucked to the point where you have less than half the time available to follow your passions. That means something will get cut, and if someone chooses to cut their social life and love life, that is perfectly understandable and I support it.

Meanwhile, people who spend their limited time worrying about and judging other people's choices, I'd say those are actual low-lives.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Not entirely focused on gaming and not entirely focused on girls either.

I'm focused on being able to have the opportunity to do what I've always dreamed of, and that's to lead a lab for crazy research with the funds to do it. At the moment that's all I care about, and when that's done I want to have kids so of course I will need go on dates.

People addicted to one hobby and only orbit to one are boring friends. A diverse set of friends are great to have.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I honestly couldn't give two flying f words about what people thing about me.

I stay home and play video games , watch anime and stay on these forums all day.

Who gives a crap really , Its my decision to stay a shut in Im comfortable this way and I don't care about anyone's judgment.

If you know my posts in the forums you might know i dont give a damn what other people think about me.

About the "checking girls out" part I don't do it for obvious reasons .

I prefer guys.

I don't care what people think about me. I have like one friend that I hang out with and that's it. I'll do whatever I feel like doing.

Cmon don't lie, every guy does it. There are girls at school who wear clothing for attention. Some show cleavage or lots of skin. Don't tell me you haven't thought that to be provocative at all?

It's totally provocative, but I don't care because girls who show off their "assets" as they were, to me aren't worth hanging around. I've never called a girl "hot" before, not even passively. I'm a practically-minded person. I've hung out with girls who are really stoic, level-headed and down to earth. Modest, too. Trousers, T-shirts and hoodies. Some of the coolest friends I've had.

Girls who dress provocatively to attract attention are a huge chunk of the reason why I think American schools need to adopt uniforms. It's such a non-issue here in Japan that at school everyone changes into their PE kit in the same classroom. It's probably more culture-driven than just having a uniform, but come on.

It's probably really hypocritical of me to say, but a girl not having a large chest to me is just so, so much more practical. Don't think that means that my opinion of girls is affected by that, no way in hell is it ever affected by it. I judge people by character, if I judge them at all.

Sorry to any girls on here that I just weirded out or put off on here. That wasn't my intention.

It's totally provocative, but I don't care because girls who show off their "assets" as they were, to me aren't worth hanging around. I've never called a girl "hot" before, not even passively. I'm a practically-minded person. I've hung out with girls who are really stoic, level-headed and down to earth. Modest, too. Trousers, T-shirts and hoodies. Some of the coolest friends I've had.

Girls who dress provocatively to attract attention are a huge chunk of the reason why I think American schools need to adopt uniforms. It's such a non-issue here in Japan that at school everyone changes into their PE kit in the same classroom. It's probably more culture-driven than just having a uniform, but come on.

It's probably really hypocritical of me to say, but a girl not having a large chest to me is just so, so much more practical. Don't think that means that my opinion of girls is affected by that, no way in hell is it ever affected by it. I judge people by character, if I judge them at all.

Sorry to any girls on here that I just weirded out or put off on here. That wasn't my intention.

The thing is this happens with a lot of twitch streamers that get subs because of cleavage and then want to be taken seriously.

A lot of my friends watch those types of streams and I honestly think if you want to be taken seriously you are moving one step in the wrong direction.

I mainly dont leave the house and when i do its usually a random mismatch of clothes , i usually dont care about appearance that much.

But you know the door swings both ways if you go out with that kind of provocative clothing you will be called a S word but if you go out

with some random crap and dont care about appearance  on people will think you are a mess and a shut in.

Best option is not to care about people think about you.

Works out fine for me.

Dont know if I helped in someway.

The thing is this happens with a lot of twitch streamers that get subs because of cleavage and then want to be taken seriously.

A lot of my friends watch those types of streams and I honestly think if you want to be taken seriously you are moving one step in the wrong direction.

I mainly dont leave the house and when i do its usually a random mismatch of clothes , i usually dont care about appearance that much.

But you know the door swings both ways if you go out with that kind of provocative clothing you will be called a S word but if you go out

with some random crap and dont care about appearance  on people will think you are a mess and a shut in.

Best option is not to care about people think about you.

Works out fine for me.

Dont know if I helped in someway.

I've never really cared what people thought about me since I was eleven, and I don't like to judge people. You make good points though.

My rule of thumb is just take care of yourself and people won't be able to make valid judgements even if they wanted to. Shower every morning, don't do drugs or alcohol, don't wear makeup... Sometimes I wish I had been a girl just so I could prove that point to others, but nope, I have to sit and watch from the sidelines...

I feel bad sometimes not being able to help, because whenever I try to offer advice or anything, I'm given the cold shoulder all the time, like "you don't understand, you're a man." Even though most of what I have to say applies to everyone.

I mean, yeah, but... if people just hunkered down and got on with things, none of these issues would even exist.

I've never really cared what people thought about me since I was eleven, and I don't like to judge people. You make good points though.

My rule of thumb is just take care of yourself and people won't be able to make valid judgements even if they wanted to. Shower every morning, don't do drugs or alcohol, don't wear makeup... Sometimes I wish I had been a girl just so I could prove that point to others, but nope, I have to sit and watch from the sidelines...

I feel bad sometimes not being able to help, because whenever I try to offer advice or anything, I'm given the cold shoulder all the time, like "you don't understand, you're a man." Even though most of what I have to say applies to everyone.

I mean, yeah, but... if people just hunkered down and got on with things, none of these issues would even exist.

I like you.

You are smart and you like fox lolies,

<3

Usually I never liked girl things honestly i like super violent video games and building pcs.

Who cares.

We dont need to fit the gender stereotype , its not like gender is a mold you have to conform to .

Stereotyping kills personailty , kills originality and kills self identity.

Everyone is a unique snow flake in my eyes.

Hey, yes I know this is random, therefore I have this in the Off-Topic category. Do any of you know anyone who focuses a massive crap ton on gaming and like 0.00000000001 on their actual social life? I mean as in they aren't like average guy who says "check out that girl" or "Ball is life" or gossip? I have friends who are like that. Yes, I know I shouldn't judge and all, but it kinda bothers me... They never talk about girls butt can spend all day watching gaming videos or gaming it all day. I don't wanna be messed up or anything, but are those people considered, low lifes? (I better not see that gaming image that says "gamers have many lives")

well i wouldnt consider them low lives but some people develop an addiction to gaming when they dont have too much in their life to occupy their time.

I have honestly not seen people like that personally...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I 90-100% focus on computing,.. 0-10% on whatever the hell I have left at the end of the day.. (you could say I need more hobbies, prob true)

Work is Computers, Free time is Games+Research+Helping others+Random trips out and about.

I'm 100% a homebody, but I'm living my life my way, not impacting on anyone else.

Do what you love doing and be proud of your achievements, don't let anyone tell you otherwise or put you down...

I love PC's (obviously), have since I was a little tacker, amongst the 100's of builds I've done, I still enjoy EVERY minute of it, surprising my boss at every turn of 'shitkicker' work.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Society is fucked to the point where you have less than half the time available to follow your passions. That means something will get cut, and if someone chooses to cut their social life and love life, that is perfectly understandable and I support it.

Meanwhile, people who spend their limited time worrying about and judging other people's choices, I'd say those are actual low-lives.

The first post I have seen so far that makes complete sense.....

*Edit* if the OPs profile is correct and they are 15, this topic seems a little.. silly to be complaining about, its pretty normal from what ive seen for people around the teens to spend a lot of time gaming....

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

Op i have to ask are you black? don't take this the wrong way but the only people other than black to say damn, shes fine ive heard are these little wiggas and it just doesn't sound right when a white person says it imo lol.

On topic: Yes i have, to be more specific my ex has a really bad obsession with COD. There were other factors that made her this way but still unfortunately this lead to us breaking up. gamer gf really isn't as good as you think, well at least my experience wasn't. Some people just get too obsessed with one thing and end up not having any control. 

As for the whole guy looking at girls thing blah blah blah alot of people are missing the fact that girls want the attention and are just as bad as the guys by giving them what they want. Girls like that really have to be complete idiots not to see the guy there talking to isn't going to treat them right. Your friends don't have to vocalize every thought when they see a girl, some people just aren't comfortable with that. Me personally find it extremely awkward when one of my mates start telling me about there sex lives.(i never talk about mine, you would think they would learn hey?) I will however say a girl is hot sometimes but not every time, i also don't point out specific parts of there body like my mates do. (this doesn't necessarily mean you don't respect women, just you are very vocal i guess although alot of guys that vocalize things tend not to be with women for the person but for the obvious)

Why do we have to talk about women's butts to be normal? I sure don't want to be normal then. 

On a serious note, it doesn't matter what they enjoy doing as long as they are enjoying it. Whether that is watching videos about games or talking about the other gender, it doesn't matter. If they're enjoying what they're doing, and I fall under the stay at home and play games crowd, more power to them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Why do we have to talk about women's butts to be normal? I sure don't want to be normal then. 

On a serious note, it doesn't matter what they enjoy doing as long as they are enjoying it. Whether that is watching videos about games or talking about the other gender, it doesn't matter. If they're enjoying what they're doing, and I fall under the stay at home and play games crowd, more power to them. 

Meh i have had those types of comments i took it as a compliment and moved on.

Dont know if its normal , it seems part of human nature to me.

Attraction between genders.

Its what got us here in the first place.

Meh i have had those types of comments i took it as a compliment and moved on.

Dont know if its normal , it seems part of human nature to me.

Attraction between genders.

Its what got us here in the first place.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with it. Especially if it is a compliment and not just someone who only cares about bodily features. I just don't care for doing it myself. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yes, commenting on random girls' butts is extremely mature and a sign of having a full and developed social life.

I always found it vaguely disgusting to just casually comment on other people's bodies, especially when you don't even know them. And i always thought there were more interesting things to talk about with my friends than the body of a girl I'll never actually get to know, let alone love or marry. And this is completely unrelated to gaming, although it is often the topic of our conversations (OFTEN, not always, and I talk about different things with different friends). There is more to girls than their bodies, too, in case you haven't noticed.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think you're too focused on other people's social lives. It seems like you're the one with the problem OP.

its actually kinda amaze me that there're actually people who can stay on their chair/couch for 24 hours like how they have bucket to pee/poop and have their mom clean it for them

its scary thinking bout it

as for me i do game a lot but i still help with house chores, socialize with families and guests, in fact i won't even be on my pc when guests came
and no i'm not a casual gamer either

about socializing at work, i did fine, got friendly with co-workers able to talk without making awkward conversations

about woman well i suck at it, mainly because i don't even know what to talk about with them so i'm just quiet being around them unless well she talks to me or something

if anything else, its how you manage your time
too focus? you mean too ignorant maybe?

I'm from that group, all my school mates including me are big nerds and we talk a ton about games and parts. 

but they each also have there own thing that helps them stay sane. For me I've always been find with the nerd title, because if thats all people see than skrew em. 

I divide my time between DJ'ing, Track Racing, Go Karting, Gaming and Wake boarding. I'm a little extreme with my hobbies. But I def think you have to have a balance, no matter how much of a super nerd or elite gamer you are. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Op i have to ask are you black? don't take this the wrong way but the only people other than black to say damn, shes fine ive heard are these little wiggas and it just doesn't sound right when a white person says it imo lol.

On topic: Yes i have, to be more specific my ex has a really bad obsession with COD. There were other factors that made her this way but still unfortunately this lead to us breaking up. gamer gf really isn't as good as you think, well at least my experience wasn't. Some people just get too obsessed with one thing and end up not having any control. 

As for the whole guy looking at girls thing blah blah blah alot of people are missing the fact that girls want the attention and are just as bad as the guys by giving them what they want. Girls like that really have to be complete idiots not to see the guy there talking to isn't going to treat them right. Your friends don't have to vocalize every thought when they see a girl, some people just aren't comfortable with that. Me personally find it extremely awkward when one of my mates start telling me about there sex lives.(i never talk about mine, you would think they would learn hey?) I will however say a girl is hot sometimes but not every time, i also don't point out specific parts of there body like my mates do. (this doesn't necessarily mean you don't respect women, just you are very vocal i guess although alot of guys that vocalize things tend not to be with women for the person but for the obvious)

Latino here