Is it still weird that i'm 13, in year 9 and have gotten interested in Lego again?

melias24

Hey guys, Is it still weird that i'm 13, in year 9 and have gotten interested in Lego again? I know if a friend came over and had lego all over the table he'd laugh at me and probably take a photo and send it to everyone, anyway i went off of lego for a while, but have seen the new sets and to be honest it makes me interested in buying lego sets again, so is it weird if i decided to still play with lego? I know it's a strange question, but 30 years ago i think people would still play with it, but times have changed and i fell/felt like as i hit year 8 if you played with toys you were lame. Anyway, how could i go about this without getting bullied about it??
~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

No. It happened to me a year ago, when I has in the 10th grade :/

Get bullied about LEGO? That's a new one... IDK. Just don't let anyone know? :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Mate, if your mate thinks down on you for it, fuck him.

like what you want and if anyone has a problem, put your middle finger up.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

Lego has no age restrictions.

If you know not to eat it and that you can build stuff with it, you're set to go and explore the world of Lego for the rest of your life.

Hell, I'm 23 and I would build Lego again; I adored Lego as a child.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Boom. Perfect.

Lots of adults do it, I think it's fine. If any of your friends bullies you about it, they're not your real friends.

Boom. Perfect.

Hell, I'm 23 and I would build Lego again; I adored Lego as a child.

Lego has no age restrictions.

If you know not to eat it and that you can build stuff with it, you're set to go and explore the world of Lego for the rest of your life.

I am 25 and play with Lego, so, yeah...

No. It happened to me a year ago, when I has in the 10th grade :/

Get bullied about LEGO? That's a new one... IDK. Just don't let anyone know? :lol:

i don't mean like bullied for using lego, like they'd walk around saying "Melias (not really name btw) is a 4 year old he likes lego blah blah blah"

And also, i have seen the new hotwheels cars they make and they also interest me, and i don't know what'd i'd say if one of them saw me buying lego/hotwheel's at the shops, maybe something like they are for a younger friends birthday?.....

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Lego is timeless, you friend may just think that not liking them may make him seem older/more mature, or something along those lines. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Nah, if you play with Lego you're cool.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I'm 18 and I still collect LEGO, when I have the funds to do so, and get LEGO as presents. I see nothing wrong with it. :P

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Are you kidding legos are swag! Lego is the better minecraft!

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

i don't mean like bullied for using lego, like they'd walk around saying "Melias (not really name btw) is a 4 year old he likes lego blah blah blah"

And also, i have seen the new hotwheels cars they make and they also interest me, and i don't know what'd i'd say if one of them saw me buying lego/hotwheel's at the shops, maybe something like they are for a younger friends birthday?.....

"They say" but no one gives a shit. At least I wouldn't.

I'm 18, and I'll proudly say that if I was given Lego, I'd gladly play with it. I wouldn't buy it myself as I'd personally rather spend money on things that interest me more than Lego, but I'd still play with it if I was given it.

It's kind of the reason I play games such as The Sims 3 and Minecraft. They allow me to be creative. 

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

I'm 18, and I'll proudly say that if I was given Lego, I'd gladly play with it. I wouldn't buy it myself as I'd personally rather spend money on things that interest me more than Lego, but I'd still play with it if I was given it.

It's kind of the reason I play games such as The Sims 3 and Minecraft. They allow me to be creative. 

"They say" but no one gives a shit. At least I wouldn't.

Nah, if you play with Lego you're cool.

Lego is timeless, you friend may just think that not liking them may make him seem older/more mature, or something along those lines. 

Lots of adults do it, I think it's fine. If any of your friends bullies you about it, they're not your real friends.

thanks for the tips guys! You reckon i could just go about it the same way with my hotwheel's obsession? (I Like to put them on my shelf and occasionally just push them along the shelf when i'm bored) 

Unless you're asking a question like 'Is it weird that I like to kill puppies and make myself a suit from their severed ears?' or 'Is it weird that I like to ejaculate into the Christmas turkey and watch my relatives eat it?' then the answer is probably no, it's not weird. I'm afraid that your interest is pretty standard.

Yes, and Star Wars is better than basketball. What other dissimilar things should we compare next?

thanks for the tips guys! You reckon i could just go about it the same way with my hotwheel's obsession? (I Like to put them on my shelf and occasionally just push them along the shelf when i'm bored) 

If I had money that I wouldn't rather spend on food, I'd buy more Hotwheels toys. I'd buy those diecast cars you see in the toy department. Who cares what you spend money on? (unless it's drugs or hitmen, of course!) They're fun, and they're cool when they're detailed. Don't let other people dictate what you buy, unless you're specifically looking for advice!

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Hey guys, Is it still weird that i'm 13, in year 9 and have gotten interested in Lego again? I know if a friend came over and had lego all over the table he'd laugh at me and probably take a photo and send it to everyone, anyway i went off of lego for a while, but have seen the new sets and to be honest it makes me interested in buying lego sets again, so is it weird if i decided to still play with lego? I know it's a strange question, but 30 years ago i think people would still play with it, but times have changed and i fell/felt like as i hit year 8 if you played with toys you were lame. Anyway, how could i go about this without getting bullied about it??

~Elias

Dude, lego's for days. I want to build a define R4 out of legos now...

Mate, the box says ages 6+, so you're so you are more than able.

Lego encourages creativity. Never let any of your friends stifle your creative ability, even if it does seem childish and immature to them.

CPU: Intel i5 2500k @4.2Ghz Cooling: Be Quiet! Silent Loop 120mm MB: MSI Z77A-G45 GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X OC RAM: 8Gb G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz

Storage 1:Samsung 840 120gb SSD Storage 2: Seagate Barracuda 2Tb HDD PSU:Corsair CX 750W  Case: Corsair Carbide 400R.

Who cares what other people think OP? If your "friend" would do such horrible things to you for liking something like LEGO then screw him, you don't need him as a friend. Do what you want, tell everyone else to piss off. You don't want to be associated to those lame brains anyways, do you?

Besides, LEGO is for ages six and up...so you are good! :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Any one that think's that Lego is only for kid's then they can just yell at a wall, Lego is awesome.

For the last 2 xmas I give Star Wars Lego to my brother and he loves it, hes 44 years old!

Cry Havoc!

I'm 18 and have played Pokemon Omega Ruby for around 20 hours over the past two days.

Screw societal norms

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'm 29, still get the urge to bust out my old Lego and make something cause I've got quite a lot. Will do it one of these days, the problem is it's very time consuming. Was much easier when I was a jobless kid with as much time as imagination