ChannelSuperFun and main channel no 60FPS video please.

Sunako

Tonight  the first 60fps video from LMG was released and would like to ask for no other 60 fps video to be posted. You can watch it at lower Res. to get rid of the increased fps yes. But the content video  has no added value but rather loses it. The motion of a camera being held by hand is pronounced and annoying.

The Hobbit and other mainstream movies did this and when I tried to watch them in the theatre i had to leave within the first 20 mins and get a refund to come back another time. Because i had become motion sick.  Less information coming into the eyes is sometimes a good thing. In games this is fine as long as i have control over the camera  there is no confusion between my brain knowing where my eyes are going to be moving and change in motion. So this is my request to please don't make 60Fps  the norm between your channels.

1. This isn't the first FPS video that LMG has done

2. You can turn that off if it bothers you.

3. The hobbit was 48 fps

4. Stop Whining

<3

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

There was and i watched the video in 480p  instead after watching  with my default of 1080p for  about 2 mins first

They've released another 60fps video before, but IIRC it was actually 30fps, but uploaded at 60, to see what people said. Of course, being sheep, everyone was going on about how much better it was at 60 when it wasn't at all.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

I would rather use IE over firefox any day. 

Also the only other 60 FPS  video that is on either channel does not make me motion sick meaning that most likely its not really 60 fps.

and i did  switch browser to get rid of the 60 fps but 480p was the highest loaded res. at the time i had done so.

3. The hobbit was 48 fps

4. Stop Whining

<3

Actually it is the first 60 FPS video they have done, the "first" one they uploaded was a 30FPS video uploaded as 60 FPS to see if anyone noticed that it wasn't really 30. Most people thought it looked better, thus proving the placebo effect to be true in this case and, as Linus himself has repeatedly said, 60 FPS provides no benefit for the types of videos LMG does and does nothing but increase file size. 

I like the 60 fps, they are not gonna change just for you..

And as NeatSquidYT said, just watch it in FireFox or someting

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Actually it is the first 60 FPS video they have done, the "first" one they uploaded was a 30FPS video uploaded as 60 FPS to see if anyone noticed that it wasn't really 30. Most people thought it looked better, thus proving the placebo effect to be true in this case and, as Linus himself has repeatedly said, 60 FPS provides no benefit for the types of videos LMG does and does nothing but increase file size. 

So that wasn't 60 FPS?

Looks like 60 FPS to me...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

3. The hobbit was 48 fps

4. Stop Whining

<3

im sure its the first 60fps

how

and people moaned that it ruined the experance and felt like it was filmed in a studio

stop moaning about people moaning 

Watch the videos on Firefox if you don't like it, easy enough

ha i used firefox for half a day yesterday. couldnt get videos higher than 720p in youtube,  switched back to chrome.

IMO that video looked jumpy and wierd not a fan of 60fps in video from what i have seen

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Why does it appear smoother then?

there is a noticeable difference in the appearance of the video between HDHFR and SD30 or whatever. Is it the way YouTube handles 60 fps videos? Does it add motion blur or something?

Hail Sithis!

Why does it appear smoother then?

there is a noticeable difference in the appearance of the video between HDHFR and SD30 or whatever. Is it the way YouTube handles 60 fps videos? Does it add motion blur or something?

Placebo effect? That's literally a video of Linus saying it wasn't really a 60 FPS video, it was a placebo to test if the audience would notice, and apparently nobody did. If it appeared smoother to you either Youtube is doing some funky post processing (which usually just makes things look worse), it's the placebo effect, or (the, frankly, least likely option) @LinusTech lied about it not really being 60FPS. Heck, the video this thread is about may not be 60 FPS either, considering we've shown that the audience is pretty incapable of determining when things are actually 60 FPS for this type of content. 

Placebo effect? That's literally a video of Linus saying it wasn't really a 60 FPS video, it was a placebo to test if the audience would notice, and apparently nobody did. If it appeared smoother to you either Youtube is doing some funky post processing (which usually just makes things look worse), it's the placebo effect, or (the, frankly, least likely option) @LinusTech lied about it not really being 60FPS. Heck, the video this thread is about may not be 60 FPS either, considering we've shown that the audience is pretty incapable of determining when things are actually 60 FPS for this type of content. 

I don't think it's placebo. I think there is something to the way youtube handles HFR videos compared to standard ones. We should ask him about it @LinusTech

Hail Sithis!

I don't see any change in video quality on the "wine rack" video over the others. Tonight's video was somewhat clearer but  decreased the experience was much worse. 

"STOP BITCHING AND JOIN US" - Firefox User

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I wouldn't notice the difference either way, but I am opposed to reducing the video quality just because a small subset of the audience has a problem with objectively better video. I may not notice if there were no videos in 60 FPS in the future, but I'd compare it to somebody complaining that the high resolution is too much detail and it makes them sick; to me that makes about as much sense as what you're saying. The only difference is that YouTube offers the tools to avoid high resolutions, but not the occasional video at 60 FPS (at least, I don't know of the option) but that seems like more of a YouTube problem rather than something that should be requested from individual uploaders.

This whole thread just makes my head hurt.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

kamil the quality of the video was reduced by having it in 60 fps instead of the standard 30fps.  Quality can be subjective  yes higher resolution tends to be better in that aspect the "quality" is better. In the case of the the 60 fps video the "quality" has gone down in my opinion. On top of the motion sickness it causes me it creates the  "soap opera effect" that you get when you reduce the motion blur. Your brain normally adds in blur  when you move your eyes from  one spot to another or when you move your head. Its to decrease the amount of information coming in. The 60 fps video almost remove the motion blur completely  making the image seem unnatural. We don't see images flashing in front of up in every day life like an LDC screen does. So for me 60 fps content seems unreal and not as enjoyable.  Along with causing vestibular system malfuctions.

I see some super smooth motion at play when he's trying it on... Chrome, but not Firefox...

AMD's frame interpolation thing is probably working it's magic or I'm seeing double ;)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

LTT has never actually done a 60fps video. They did once, but that was 30fps exported as 60fps. So you have literally nothing to complain about other than your brain screwing you over.

Because remember, this is the same human brain that can turn saline solution into morphine. As long as you think you're seeing 60fps, your brain will act as if it's seeing 60fps and apply it to your tolerances. so now that you know that you were never watching in 60fps in the first place, you can watch the video again and you won't get motion sickness, because even if I had just put a little doubt in your mind, the placebo effect would have disappeared like *snaps* that.

the video  didn't look natural at all was my point AlwaysFSX. It was also less smooth then the same video in 30fps  once IE had the 1080 up without 60fps i watched it again and  was much better then when it was in 1080p 60fps on chrome

i honestl didnt really notice much of a difference its just a video i mean its not like its gonna explode and blow everyones computer up or cause the site to give us supposed malware.....of wait....jk

askdjfasdf