What's your Religion

nicon

Wow, this thread was so good before I went to sleep. Now I wake up with 145 notifications of hate. Nice one...

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

What's your religion?

Quote me if you want one added (not silly, but a real religion)

Please don't fight. We have a right to believe in what we believe and respect other's beliefs. Ok? Oh, and try not to force a conversion in the middle of the LTT forums.

Happy Voting!  biggrin.png

catholic/evangelic christian

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

On paper (officially) I'm a christian, but in my mind I'm an agnostic atheist. I was born a christian and never bothered to file papers to get out of it. Though I'm staying in this religion just for the sake of my relatives, and for some of the benefits, but I don't really believe in it (so maybe at some point might officially become an atheist). However I do respect people who believe in any religion, really. I do attend funerals and such if asked (and if I can) to show respect for others. I only start to dislike religious people when they go shoving their believes down other people's throats even though they don't want to, or don't care about it. Other than that, it's all good.

Nice to see an on topic post xD

I grew up in a family of atheists. But later in life i just wanted some spirituality. And i was into eastern martial arts at the time.

So i found modern bushido. Zen buddhism,Shinto and confucianism. All rolled into a nice science compatiple package.

Ending this with a nice quote

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Dalai Lama

But yeah. It would be nice if people could just accept other peoples beliefs.

Hmm... Your mixture of religion sound interesting for me, in a good way. Might look into that stuff myself as well. At least I'm interested in the philosophy of those, that's for sure.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

gabe_newell_portrait_by_freddre-d4rnffi.

"Our Gaben, who art in Bellevue

Rotund be thy shape

Thy Half-Life never come

Thy will be done on earth

as it is in VALVE

Give us this day our daily vidya

And forgive us our pirating

as we forgive those who pirate alongside us

May console exclusives lead us not into temptation

but deliver us from Peasantry

for thine kingdom is the VALVE

The Steam, and the Vidya

for ever and ever

GabeN"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm a Muslim

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

May we all be touched by the meaninglessness

-snip

If you believe in Nihilism, then you don't believe in Nihilism.

If you believe in Nihilism, then you don't believe in Nihilism.

giphy.gif

A paradox in the logic of langauge. To believe X, you would have to deny the existance of X.

Really, that is why I posted it. The two people that will catch that paradox could have a bit of a chuckle.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

-snip

A paradox in the logic of langauge. To believe X, you would have to deny the existance of X.

Really, that is why I posted it. The two people that will catch that paradox could have a bit of a chuckle.

Or anyone who's seen I <3 huckabees. Nihilism is the belief in nothing, not even nihilism.

Or anyone who's seen I <3 huckabees. Nihilism is the belief in nothing, not even nihilism.

Hmm, I haven't seen that movie. Now added to my ´to-watch´- list

People that understand the concept of The Big Lobowski would probably also understand it.

nihilism1ex3.jpg

I'm an I don't care-ist. I also very strongly believe that doing things because "some guy who wrote a book a while back said so" is a completely and utterly terrible way of making any kind of life decisions, from what to eat for dinner to public policy. The western church structure has been so corrupt for so long (it's about power over people and always has been) that I can't take any of their reasoning seriously about basically any decision. They(and their believers) have such an astronomically huge blind spot in regards to critical thinking about church values. It seems like they brainwash people, usually starting as children, to take the word of God, as passed down through corrupt church structures, and not to question it.

Question everything, and believe in things because they have merits, not because some dude wrote something in a book a while back.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

My name is actually Christian and i was raised as a christian but as i get older im not sure if i believe in anything, im really kinda iffy on the whole religion thing. just feel odd that my name is something im not sure i believe in lol <_<

I do believe things happen for a reason but im not completely sure.. still need to mature more before im dead set

giphy.gif

I always thought it was an oxymoron?  anyway, it reminded me of this:

http://www.whysanity.net/monos/hikers.html

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I always thought it was an oxymoron?  anyway, it reminded me of this:

http://www.whysanity.net/monos/hikers.html

The sentence ´I believe in nihilism´ would be an oxymoron. But the idea of believing in nihilsm would be a paradox, since you would then turn nihilism into an ideology, which you can't believe in, since you are a nihilist. That is, if I have understood what a paradox is.

I really miss Douglas Adams. I really need to give Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy a reread at some point.

I could also be a Catch-22 situation. How can I posses all the cotton in the world, if I make my living by selling cotton?

Christian. There are a few of us on here

Sect? Baptist. Believe in Jesus Christ and God and heaven and hell and all that good stuff :)

>heaven and hell

>all that good stuff

>hell

>good stuff

My name is actually Christian and i was raised as a christian but as i get older im not sure if i believe in anything, im really kinda iffy on the whole religion thing. just feel odd that my name is something im not sure i believe in lol <_<

I do believe things happen for a reason but im not completely sure.. still need to mature more before im dead set

Nothing wrong with wondering and questioning things taught by religion all your life. I think not being dead set on something opens up more avenues of open thinking. In other words its much more fun to compare differences than to just reject differences in thought.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

>heaven and hell

>all that good stuff

>hell

>good stuff

Look at the bright side. Atleast we will be in good company when we arrive.

If it makes you feel better, I have a ex-muslim friend named Muhammed Islam, so your not alone.

It's really good that you are thinking about this stuff. It helps to make you a much more intelligent person.

I will let the sceptic in my say this: "Nothing is above question. If anyone says otherwise, their idea doesn't have the answers"

And if you want a ponder:

If everything happens for a reason, what should the drive be for us humans? 

If everything is predetermined, then wouldn't our existance boil into a pure nihilism, since we don't have a say in anything?

I'm an I don't care-ist. I also very strongly believe that doing things because "some guy who wrote a book a while back said so" is a completely and utterly terrible way of making any kind of life decisions, from what to eat for dinner to public policy. The western church structure has been so corrupt for so long (it's about power over people and always has been) that I can't take any of their reasoning seriously about basically any decision. They(and their believers) have such an astronomically huge blind spot in regards to critical thinking about church values. It seems like they brainwash people, usually starting as children, to take the word of God, as passed down through corrupt church structures, and not to question it.

Question everything, and believe in things because they have merits, not because some dude wrote something in a book a while back.

Would that make you a apatheist?

''this is my view, fath, and belief. that is your view fath and belief. i will not press mine on you, and i will not tolerate being told what i view have faith in and believe''

''we can agree, or disagree, whether what we say are similar or not''

''i beleive there is a god, that he creatied this universe, and all that is within it and its beauty, and any other universes along with it''

''i believe that jesus christ came down and paid the price for our sisn with his earthly life''

''i believe that god, the father son and holy spirit forgive me and love me''

''and that if one repents and truly wants, not heaven, but god himself, that the lord will let s/he into heaven to be with him''

''and you belie e everything exploded into existance over eons, and life as we know it happened as a result of chance''

''both are perfectly possible, i dont believe yours to be so, because of what i beleive, am i trying to make you beleive what i beleive in? no.''

''one must find who they are, what they will do, what they place thier fath in for themselves''''i do not wish for peace, but rather an accepting world, letting one find thier home without dictatorship, or hatred, or abuse''

''why cant you see i am trying to remove the fear between us''

''why cant you see i am the one trying to save you''

''but every time i reach my hand out for you''

''you bit a hole right through my fingers, outstreched, in an attempt to bring forgivenees between us''

''now,that,you,have,tak,en,my,hope,for,you,aw,ay''

''i,wish,to,be,the,one,to,drive,this,steak,through,your,heart''

''i,wont,re,sist,to,let,you,go,and,watch,you,fall''

''you,have,ta,ken,my,bride''

''you,have,taken,my,soul''

''you,have,refused,your,life,to,be,of,worth''

''i,wont,treat,you,like,it,ever,had,an,y,an,y,more''

-meehhhh blast beat drum doohikky and the bass quiets down-

taken from my song 'cresent of the spirits of the dark' no, i will not share the file. i have yet to record the drums. 

the first parts are my beliefes. the last few parts are for the story the song tells, i dont really care to type in the rest of the lyrics. (and if you're wondering why i swtiched from spaces to commas at one point its because those few verses are screamed as one word each, each sillible separate)

so yeah. top nine lines of the lyrics are my view on the entirety of what we call existance. rest are lyrics i threw in to be more meat for the story of that song.

(and know this before you claim my work isnt very good because the lyrics erent following good structure, when infact music with any instrument of any sort is more about rythm and melody than ryhming, or being easy to follow. aswell as note progression)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

honestly, i dont give sh*t

people get into wars over religion, so unless im late, don't let a shitstorm hit the forums

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

honestly, i dont give sh*t

people get into wars over religion, so unless im late, don't let a shitstorm hit the forums

very late my friend. xD

go back 2 pages and see some of that shit. x'D

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I already addressed the points you made so I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say that I should tackle the meat instead of crying over my perception of you. If my character seems weak to you, then I don't mind. That's your entitled opinion.

All I'm saying is that I made my point, and it seems like you agreed with it, so I'm a bit confused as to why I was attacked by your counter-arguments and condescending remarks. Seems ironic to me.

"You could have easily explained yourself without being condescenging."
"People like you are a-holes for no reason on here. Makes me want to leave sometimes."
That's what i addressed, constantly wasting both of our times by complaining about the way you perceive me to be does no good.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

"You could have easily explained yourself without being condescenging."
"People like you are a-holes for no reason on here. Makes me want to leave sometimes."
That's what i addressed, constantly wasting both of our times by complaining about the way you perceive me to be does no good.

unless you're in my situation where you're only continueing to post here because you're procrastinating, dont you have something better to do?

wanna play warframe? or tf2? i'm up for it. (once i finnish my math homework)

-Jim Hensen

very late my friend. xD

go back 2 pages and see some of that shit. x'D

i started at pg 8 (too lazy to start at page one, where i normally begin)

lemme get my popcorn and soda to watch this one go down

unless im late again and its over

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

i started at pg 8 (too lazy to start at page one, where i normally begin)

lemme get my popcorn and soda to watch this one go down

unless im late again and its over

meh, i dont think a religion convo on the internet will ever be over. xD

have you scrolled down on youtube? shits like ''read 182 more replies''... x'D

-Jim Hensen