What's your Religion

nicon

It can be chalked up to "truth hurts". 

You will be seen as an asshole at times simply for correcting someone. When a person stakes their ego in a belief system, anything that rocks that boat is an attack no matter how soft you rock it. 

Good thing that i don't particularly care about it, the only reason i'm even talking about it is because people think they can use this as some form of rebuttal or a way to discredit me, and they just insist and insist on it, there's that one guy who keeps calling me a troll, hoping that i go away  :D

I'll pass the microphone to my good old man Hitchens here:

if-someone-tells-me-that-ive-hurt-their-

So yeah, you people aren't special snowflakes, your feelings are completely irrelevant.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Oh geez.  You have a good brain.  I just wanted some text.  I did not want you to stress out man =).

Words just wouldn't come out...it's just kind of like asking yourself "Why? Just why is this a thing...why does this have so many views...Just why..." then crying yourself to sleep haha

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Our capabilities over the past 100 years have gotten so much worse regarding how much harm we do.  I can't imagine what weapons of war are currently being researched.  Wow, I sound like I am from the USA in the 1960's. =D

The most destructive ones to eradicate a whole nation but the experiments apparently failed, just 20% of their impacts were effective and the rest 80% was void and ineffective luckily. I was watching some Nazis missiles experiments, most of them failed and were ineffective but of course there were obvious factors to eradicate those destructive weapons by the interference of the US and their allies. 

it's good from time to time to refresh your thinking by recalling the past. :)

I'm an atheist , but I'm noted as Buddhist on my hospital records, If I'm in my last few minutes on this earth I sure as hell don't need a priest boring me to tears. A monk ? at least he might help me relax a bit and accept it.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Well if you read into it i mention the Muzzies who did the attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris, just didn't use the word Muslim for some reason. But i'm sure everyone got the idea.

Of course, being an atheist hurting the others would clearly concern you when they contradict your "perspective" visions for this life and for the nonexistence of a deity. You should have used the word Muslims because you would simply mantle the blame on the void. I can't be arsed to condemn myself for not being the responsible due to my beliefs and my religious precepts.  :)

I'm an atheist , but I'm noted as Buddhist on my hospital records, If I'm in my last few minutes on this earth I sure as hell don't need a priest boring me to tears. A monk ? at least he might help me relax a bit and accept it.

I am also Buddhist but kinda looking at Shinto or Zen Buddhism

So i got like 3 religion???

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Words just wouldn't come out...it's just kind of like asking yourself "Why? Just why is this a thing...why does this have so many views...Just why..." then crying yourself to sleep haha

Views are simple:  The freaking title /end.

The why is probably related to the ever growing mistrust between citizens and their governments.  I personally did not watch the Liveleak videos, so I have not compared the two.  I like to think what this guys says is in fact true, but not because it is a conspiracy.  If this is true (and I have no idea) it would be an example of how much harder it is for large political groups to sweep away evidence as the internet gives the global community... a way to communicate.  Same goes the other way though.  The global internet community can also steer itself into a ditch =/.

Of course, being an atheist hurting the others would clearly concern you when they contradict your "perspective" visions for this life and for the nonexistence of a deity.

s/ ? Or are you trying to say something else, you're being quite vague.

4, yourself is the fourth religion :D

s/ ? Or are you trying to say something else, you're being quite vague.

I don't know, you were only explaining yourself. You didn't even come up with a valid argument concerning this whole atheism of viewing life. You are viewing it as you want it to be. You don't have the right to exhort the others to view it as same as you view it. That's atheism otherwise freedom of viewing elements, however, you are contradicting yourself by calling me the vague.

Views are simple:  The freaking title /end.

The why is probably related to the ever growing mistrust between citizens and their governments.  I personally did not watch the Liveleak videos, so I have not compared the two.  I like to think what this guys says is in fact true, but not because it is a conspiracy.  If this is true (and I have no idea) it would be an example of how much harder it is for large political groups to sweep away evidence as the internet gives the global community... a way to communicate.  Same goes the other way though.  The global internet community can also steer itself into a ditch =/.

The video was used by like every news report in every country, wasn't censored everywhere.

The bullet could have hit the pavement right next to him which would send shrapnel to the top of his head, or the blood simply wasn't visible from the camera angle, it's fair to say that the bullet must have entered through his scalp.

I don't know, you were only explaining yourself. You didn't even come up with a valid argument concerning this whole atheism of viewing life. You are viewing it as you want it to be. You don't have the right to exhort the others to view it as same as you view it. That's atheism otherwise freedom of viewing elements, however, you are contradicting yourself by calling me the vague.

What atheism of viewing life? That's not even properly written. Why can't i exhort others? Am I forcing someone? That's not even what i want, i want people to get to the point where i'm at by their own thinking, via good reasoning.

I'm more of the confrontational type, but the funny thing is that i try to stay polite, but the mere nature and way i pose my arguments is viewed in itself as an insult by these people. It's pretty common, I'm used to it.

Different types of approaches work for different people, i like confronting people head on because it shows their innards straight away. 

The thing is i know i will probably not change the mind of the person i talk to, but maybe the one of an observer. That's kind of the point of having real scientists confront creationists and religious people in general. The point is to help the audience, not the opposite side of the table.

Wow, I did not even see this.

I have directly confronted religious misnomers (bible is a history book, etc..) as well.  It does serve well as a ideological "litmus" test.  I get concerned with the long term affect regarding the "dire believers" after many of these types of confrontations.  How does it affect them after many religious confrontations?  As you mentioned, it is not to change the oppositions minds, it can't.  The religious belief system is designed in a manner to not be out-debated.  A religious person would have to change their own mind somewhere down the road.  

I usually speak up when children are involved, but not only in those situations.    

What atheism of viewing life? That's not even properly written. Why can't i exhort others? Am I forcing someone? That's not even what i want, i want people to get to the point where i'm at by their own thinking, via good reasoning.

I really liked you when you started basing your arguments on historic evidence and semi-metaphysical philosophy but once you started implicitly flaming people for their religious beliefs, you botched it as exhorting people to actually believe in your "reasonable" arguments or converging people to this "point".

Man, discussions like these should keep a cooling down temper and rhythm, you should not be considering yourself the rightful by reporting and quoting from what the others say for example Richard Dawkins.

The video was used by like every news report in every country, wasn't censored everywhere.

The bullet could have hit the pavement right next to him which would send shrapnel to the top of his head, or the blood simply wasn't visible from the camera angle, it's fair to say that the bullet must have entered through his scalp.

I get it, could have ended up in his neck or torso.  Assuming there was more than a single shot.

@shiftberry don't you two start.

I get it, could have ended up in his neck or torso.  Assuming there was more than a single shot.

@shiftberry don't you two start.

Yes, I'm out. When the religious discussions reach the climax of fundamentalism and bigotry, they simply become extremely wrong and impossible to understand.

I really liked you when you started basing your arguments on historic evidence and semi-metaphysical philosophy but once you started implicitly flaming people for their religious beliefs, you botched it as exhorting people to actually believe in your "reasonable" arguments or converging people to this "point".

Man, discussions like these should keep a cooling down temper and rhythm, you should not be considering yourself the rightful by reporting and quoting from what the others say for example Richard Dawkins.

Lol talk about putting words in my mouth. I'm not exhorting anyone to believe anything, i'm putting information out there and i'll leave them to do whatever they want.

Why would what i want even matter? It doesn't.

People don't need to just take my word for it, it's not what i hope or even ask for. I put out good information out there, i just call out how ridiculous their beliefs are and i leave them to do whatever they want.

When the hell did i make an argument from authority based on what Richard Dawkins said? I have a quote from him in my signature, what does that have to do with the discussion?

why cant people here respect others beliefs? like respect everybody's belief unless you try to convert me then i wont be so nice 

you ar muslim? cool 

athist? cool

scientologist? eh idk yet

potato ?cool

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Ok serious question now. For those of you who are religios, how did you end up with with your religion? How many of you grew into it.

Nice to see an on topic post xD

I grew up in a family of atheists. But later in life i just wanted some spirituality. And i was into eastern martial arts at the time.

So i found modern bushido. Zen buddhism,Shinto and confucianism. All rolled into a nice science compatiple package.

Ending this with a nice quote

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Dalai Lama

See above^^ God i feel like a car salesman right now. "This might be the car for you"

why cant people here respect others beliefs? like respect everybody's belief unless you try to convert me then i wont be so nice 

you ar muslim? cool 

athist? cool

potato ?cool

I will convert you to scientology and you will like it  :angry:. You shall follow our glorious leader Tom Cruise!.. JK. I couldn't keep from laughing while writing that.

But yeah. It would be nice if people could just accept other peoples beliefs.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

you ar muslim? cool 

athist? cool

potato ?cool

Because some people love to hate,  they can't get enough of it, I would call it a sick mind that feeds of negativity but unfortunately the evidence points to an ingrained survival instinct causing the uneducated to dig their heals in and try to convert everyone else rather than just let them be.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So i found modern bushido. Zen buddhism,Shinto and confucianism. All rolled into a nice science compatiple package.

Ending this with a nice quote

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.

Dalai Lama

I love the sayings of Buddha,  Some of it makes no sense to me but the ones that do I think everybody can learn from.  

these two are worthy of contemplation:

A thousand candles can be lit from one candle without shortening its life,  happiness never decreases by being shared.

and

Holding onto anger is like holding a hot coal with the intention of throwing it at someone; you are the one who gets burned.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I love the sayings of Buddha,  Some of it makes no sense to me but the ones that do I think everybody can learn from.  

these two are worthy of contemplation:

and

I like this one

new_banner_6.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I like this one

new_banner_6.jpg

Not too sure how old Buddha is supposed to be, but even he didn't say half of them, I still feel we could learn a thing or two. :)

Not too sure how old Buddha is supposed to be, but even he didn't say half of them, I still feel we could learn a thing or two. :)

Well there is buddha. And then there is the Dalai Llama. So there really isn't a shortage of quotes^^

And in Bushido. Which incorporates some shinto and confucianism there is also Tsunemoto Yamamoto and Confucius.

I like reading the analects of confucius and the hagakure since there are some small comedic but insightfull gems like.

“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.” 

― Confucius

And 

“Tether even a roasted chicken.” 
― Tsunetomo Yamamoto, Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai

If you want to go into detail you can probably easily find the mentioned studies and research, don't think i have to do it for you.

Obviously not, I am not incapable of researching things. I was only saying thank you for correcting me. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"