What's your Religion

nicon

Again, my second language, never cared to get things perfect or straightened out because i dont really need it.

I could just make everyone on LTTforums learn acchren.

Albiu shrunnj klin

sie fonrei shrunnj bissr

clombintiin assacross

those three sentances mean the exact same thing, verbatim. Have fun. xD

Good thing shadow was being nice about it and not using it to dismiss your opinion. :)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@stconquest; I gotta concede it is hard to assume what would happen after death. Hindu's and Greek's speculations and skepticism took them beyond their imagination to think of many possibilities of whether God exists or not, however, their imaginations are just human and they would relate these conceptual thoughts only with the cosmic elements. Nothing really special about their philosophy. It's the same over dynasties and yet we still depend our philosophies on them which is a repetitive way of thinking.

However, I'm asking people, what would happen after death? Will this life recede or remain eternal? 

Good thing shadow was being nice about it and not using it to dismiss your opinion. :)

YESS.

Even my parrents do that to me sometimes, theyll say because i csnt pronounce something right i dont know what im talking about... >.>

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Done the right way:

I was an atheist, honestly. Father was atheist (he found God much later than I did) and my mother is Christian. I was thirteen when I became a Christian. I had picked the Bible, Qu'ran, and some other religious texts up and began reading them. I wanted to understand why people would believe in something like God, and what could possibly give them such a concrete belief and love for it. After someone showed me an incorrectly translated word in the Bible I decided it was time to see for myself.

I read the Bible once through and Jesus Christ's words had left me thinking very differently about Christianity, something I used to hate a lot. Jesus Christ was teaching love, understanding, compassion, peace and tolerance in his life and it all just made me start thinking differently. It is really hard to explain, because it is so vastly different for each person, but yea...that's basically it.

I was introduced to religon at a young age.  I am from a large Greek family.  By the time I was 7-8 I was given a choice to either go to Sunday school, or go to Greek school (Saturdays).  Although I valued my Saturday morning cartoons (Smurfs, Gummi Bears), I figured I would rather learn to read and write in greek.  It had been a trend with me up to around the age of 18, trying to embrace the religious experience.  It just never "took".  I fought my parents hard for ONE DAY with no school.

@stconquest; I gotta concede it is hard to assume what would happen after death. Hindu's and Greek's speculations and skepticism took them beyond their imagination to think of many possibilities of whether God exists or not, however,  their imaginations are just human and they would related these conceptual thoughts only with earth's elements. 

However, I'm asking people, what would happen after death? Will this life recede or remain eternal? 

Ah, well... when it comes down to it, I just tell myself to wait and see.  I imagine some sort of energetic change, I want to sort of ride out my energy and hopefully end up somewhere...  wtf, I have no idea =D.

@shiftberry We only have our brain to work with, as far as speculating goes.  Our senses feed us information, the brain organizes it.   It is all we ever will know.  Philosophy was greatly responsible for our desire to grasp at the unknown beyond our "natural" senses, but alas that was only a means to an end.  The end being, we have to work too find answers... design machines to enhance our sensory reach.  No easy answers.

Ah, well... when it comes down to it, I just tell myself to wait and see.  I imagine some sort of energetic change, I want to sort of ride out my energy and hopefully end up somewhere...  wtf, I have no idea =D.

Yes, sort of when this whole cosmic life comes to an end.

@stconquest Exactly, philosophy has always been grace when you relate your thinking to reach the limits because we are all humans of course and we are as weak as our limited thinking, however, this limited thinking is a majestic way to push your brain to its dimensional limits. We are very thankful that we existed in a life when technology and other sciences exist and when philosophy still exists. Real answers need first to deal with realism and our instant imagination before reaching what is beyond the reality. We are making progress for sure but I hope it won't divert for evil.

Yes, sort of when this whole cosmic life comes to an end.

That is what the smartest of our race are trying to find out.  You have to understand it if you want to predict it.

man @MyInnerFred what kinda thread are you getting yourself tangled up in, i

applaud you for trying to steer the boat ontopic though :P While i am about to

go off topic again.

Just wanted to drop by and share some personal opinion after all the heated debate.

When it comes to religion versus no religion it all boils down to a very simple concept.

It's a matter of belief versus skepticism and criticism, the two are fundamentally, rudimentary

incompatible. Religion shouldn't even try to adjust to science. Any  traditional disagreement

debate between the two is a utterly retarded waste of time. It's a personal choice you make

of how you want to  view and accept things.

I choose the way of science. And i accept that you can choose to believe whatever the hell

you want, i understand your perspective i simply don't see the value in it for myself, and 

that is the end of that. 

I believe in spirits.

I see what you did there  :o

I'm surprised nobody's jewish here  :huh:

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

@stconquest Exactly, philosophy has always been grace when you relate your thinking to reach the limits because we are all humans of course and we are as weak as our limited thinking, however, this limited thinking is a majestic way to push your brain to its dimensional limits. We are very thankful that we existed in a life when technology and other sciences exist and when philosophy still exists. Real answers need first to deal with realism and our instant imagination before reaching what is beyond the reality. We are making progress for sure but I hope it won't divert for evil.

Our imagination/belief/faith all have a very real purpose.  Like you said, we strive for truth that is unknown by using the truth we do know.

It is scary when you realize that because we keep hurting each other, we might not make it as far as we are capable of.  I like to believe we will sort out our crap, but another side of me realizes...  Holy shit! there won't be enough of our race around long enough to reach a level of capability to survive the harsh reality of our cosmos.  We lose good brains to our own preventable stupidity ever day.  ...  but there are still 7 billion of us and growing (that is in our favor), only time will tell.

Our imagination/belief/faith all have a very real purpose.  Like you said, we strive for truth that is unknown by using the truth we do know.

It is scary when you realize that because we keep hurting each other, we might not make it as far as we are capable of.  I like to believe we will sort out our crap, but another side of me realizes...  Holy shit! there won't be enough of our race around long enough to reach a level of capability to survive the harsh reality of our cosmos.  We lose good brains to our own preventable stupidity ever day.  ...  but there are still 7 billion of us and growing (that is in our favor), only time will tell.

It's quite a natural fact that there is always a renewal of anything even by wars to stabilize both opponents after a massive mass murder. This is life we were born to react to each act that tortures our humanity. 

Naw, just Portland. 

Portlanders Unite!

No offense, but dude, you sound so angry towards people, just sayin'! 

He said his friends got married at 10 years of age. Maybe there's a better word to use instead of redneck? How is having two children of 10 married a good practice?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

It's quite a natural fact that there is always a renewal of anything even by wars to stabilize both opponents after a massive mass murder. This is life we were born to react to each act that tortures our humanity. 

Our capabilities over the past 100 years have gotten so much worse regarding how much harm we do.  I can't imagine what weapons of war are currently being researched.  Wow, I sound like I am from the USA in the 1960's. =D

Nobody talked about Islam ey? So I'm a Gnostic theist. Seriously, these Greek words are just meaningful because all your beliefs are based on the Greek culture apparently.

I hope I wouldn't be abashed by @Albatross again. ^^

Well if you read into it i mention the Muzzies who did the attack on Charlie Hebdo in Paris, just didn't use the word Muslim for some reason. But i'm sure everyone got the idea.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

I don't know how bad this makes me sound, but... I like the argumentative nature of this particular topic.  I know that religious beliefs should be challenged.  Most of those that avidly practice any sort of organized religion, are usually surrounded by like-minded individuals.  To have people with confilicting ideologies argue, can be productive to all the parties... when done right. 

I have to agree with OlekKing on a lot of his posts, but I don't have to like that manner in which he he is posting... which is not so bad, but is confrontational.  Maybe confrontation is what is needed to get the conversation started.

Indoctrination is a huge gripe of mine.  To teach children about god, send them to Sunday school and then by the age of twelve or so... ASK them to decide whether or not they believe.  They don't have a choice.  The people they trust the most have been grinding religion into their lives, their whole lives.

I'm more of the confrontational type, but the funny thing is that i try to stay polite, but the mere nature and way i pose my arguments is viewed in itself as an insult by these people. It's pretty common, I'm used to it.

Different types of approaches work for different people, i like confronting people head on because it shows their innards straight away. 

The thing is i know i will probably not change the mind of the person i talk to, but maybe the one of an observer. That's kind of the point of having real scientists confront creationists and religious people in general. The point is to help the audience, not the opposite side of the table.

I really don't fucking care  --> Voted this.

I don't like anything related to religion, what am I even doing here? Why am I posting? :I

@OlekKing

What do you think of this, initially:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJEvlKKm6og

Almost exactly my facial expression:

114.gif

I'm more of the confrontational type, but the funny thing is that i try to stay polite, but the mere nature and way i pose my arguments is viewed in itself as an insult by these people. It's pretty common, I'm used to it.

Different types of approaches work for different people, i like confronting people head on because it shows their innards straight away. 

The thing is i know i will probably not change the mind of the person i talk to, but maybe the one of an observer. That's kind of the point of having real scientists confront creationists and religious people in general. The point is to help the audience, not the opposite side of the table.

It can be chalked up to "truth hurts". 

You will be seen as an asshole at times simply for correcting someone. When a person stakes their ego in a belief system, anything that rocks that boat is an attack no matter how soft you rock it. 

'What's your Religion' -----> Science

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Almost exactly my facial expression:

114.gif

Oh geez.  You have a good brain.  I just wanted some text.  I did not want you to stress out man =).

I corrected the spelling in one of my other posts. I specifically said that not all agnostics are atheists but some are which you agreed with later on in the thread..I never once said they have nothing to do with one another. All I said is that they are different, which they are, and shouldn't be grouped together in a poll.

You could have easily explained yourself without being condescenging.

People like you are a-holes for no reason on here. Makes me want to leave sometimes.

Just how weak is your character that you perceive the smallest things as some sort of confrontation or bad behavior? It doesn't matter if i'm being condescending, tackle the meat instead of crying about the way you perceive me.

I'll be polite with you but i'm going to be your politically correct little b*tch on a lash.

Instead of the 3 last answers before Agnostic you could've put Flying Spaghetti Monster.

who cares...